Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

For one thing, I shouldn’t have to pay for a call - there is no front desk number on the phone

Local calls are free anyway, but just press the 'Disney Services' button on the phone. Yes, it will go to a central call center for all the resorts, but they can direct your call as necessary.

Andre

Local calls are free anyway, but just press the 'Disney Services' button on the phone. Yes, it will go to a central call center for all the resorts, but they can direct your call as necessary.

Andre
Oh, thank you ! I don‘t know why I thought otherwise...probably just too into being upset to think logically 😂

Wow they really removed a ton of stuff from the Sassagoula Float works menu! No more gumbo or jambalaya... I hope these are temporary changes because the menu looks pretty bleak now!

WOW! You aren't kidding around. They removed so much good stuff. Also no Prime Rib Dip, Baton Rouge Burger, Chicken Parm Pasta, Salmon and Buttermilk Chicken entrees, Baked Gnocchi Turkey Bolognese, and possibly more that I am not seeing.

I noticed yesterday when looking at some other resort QS menus that they were very limited and items I had seen before were gone. Yikes. Guess this will push parkgoers to eat more in the parks and DS. So sad.

WOW! You aren't kidding around. They removed so much good stuff. Also no Prime Rib Dip, Baton Rouge Burger, Chicken Parm Pasta, Salmon and Buttermilk Chicken entrees, Baked Gnocchi Turkey Bolognese, and possibly more that I am not seeing.

I noticed yesterday when looking at some other resort QS menus that they were very limited and items I had seen before were gone. Yikes. Guess this will push parkgoers to eat more in the parks and DS. So sad.
I feel like they just started expanding their menus after COVID too! I'll be at POFQ in November so I really hope they bring back some of these food options soon. Otherwise you're right, I'll just have to plan to always eat in the parks.

I feel like they just started expanding their menus after COVID too! I'll be at POFQ in November so I really hope they bring back some of these food options soon. Otherwise you're right, I'll just have to plan to always eat in the parks.

Agreed! When we were at POFQ in Jan/Feb, we ate several meals at Sassagoula's. DH loved that Prime Rib Dip sandwich so much he had it twice. DD22 loves the Jambalaya. DD24 loved the salmon entree. I really hope this is temporary but I have a bad feeling that it's not. It was nice to sleep in late (after early morning genie+ stuff) and eat lunch at the resort before heading out to the parks for the stacked LLs. If the menu stays this limited, we will definitely choose to eat elsewhere or possibly change resorts.....

Wow they really removed a ton of stuff from the Sassagoula Float works menu! No more gumbo or jambalaya... I hope these are temporary changes because the menu looks pretty bleak now!
I noticed they removed the plant based waffles and my kids are going to be very upset when we are there in a couple of days. The weird thing is that Riverside still has them and usually their basic offerings are the same.

the items are still there. They just aren't on the mobile order menu.
Ohh that's good news! Are you there now? Both the online menu and mobile order menu are showing all of the previously mentioned items removed. So odd if they are still offering them in person...

Ohh that's good news! Are you there now? Both the online menu and mobile order menu are showing all of the previously mentioned items removed. So odd if they are still offering them in person...

I am not, but this question has come up in multiple groups I'm in and all have reported that these options are still on the walk-up menu. I've noticed this at other resort food courts too. When we were at AoA, there was hardly anything on the mobile order menu, but when we walked up in person, there were all kinds of options.

I am not, but this question has come up in multiple groups I'm in and all have reported that these options are still on the walk-up menu. I've noticed this at other resort food courts too. When we were at AoA, there was hardly anything on the mobile order menu, but when we walked up in person, there were all kinds of options.
I do see now that the online menu has a section at the top called "Dine-in options" and says "Additional Rotating Selection of Specialty Offerings Available For Dine-In". That's reassuring but still frustrating that you can't mobile order the entire menu now (or see the full range of options to be able to plan ahead).

I was there for lunch, I did see jambalaya and the buttermilk chicken...in fact someone in front of me ordered it

I came home from the resort on Saturday. Pleased to confirm the items "missing" off the mobile order are available in person. It was a bit of a pain we could not mobile order the items but don't fear about the items as you can get them in person.
Andrew
Well that’s annoying the items can’t be ordered ahead with mobile order, but I guess good they are still available.

If it makes you feel any better I made the mistake of mobile ordering last June, just as we returned to POFQ from the park , those of us that mobile ordered literally waited 3x as long for our food as walk ups. They totally did not have their act together, it was ridiculous. I hope for your sake, they’ve got their act together now.

If it makes you feel any better I made the mistake of mobile ordering last June, just as we returned to POFQ from the park , those of us that mobile ordered literally waited 3x as long for our food as walk ups. They totally did not have their act together, it was ridiculous. I hope for your sake, they’ve got their act together now.
I agree with this - we were there in Feb/March, it's the same counter that you use if you need to speak to a chef for food allergies and there was ALWAYS a line of people waiting on mobile orders getting antsy. My list of foods I avoid is very long & my meals take a significant time to prepare so I was able to watch the CMs getting orders ready ... order comes in, study it, wander over to the various sections and jostle behind the counter to gather what they need, back to the mobile area and wait for other things to get prepared before putting it together. I don't think I'd be happy to eat the breakfasts that came from there, those pancakes sat under a heating lamp a LOOOONG time before being boxed up (only items that seemed to be sitting in that section)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter