Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We check in on Thursday. I have a couple questions:
Does the room have a refrigerator or one of those "beverage coolers" that they have at POP?
Is the hot tub open?
How late is Scat Cat's open?
TIA!!

I stayed in building 6 during the first week of August. We had a beverage cooler, but didn't have any issues with it keeping our food and drinks cold.

Yes, the hot tub was open, but it was waaaaaaay too hot outside to want to go in it. I even found the water in the pool too hot to be comfortable. The water in the Ol' Man Island pool at Riverside was a bit cooler and more refreshing, but both pools were great.

I stayed in building 6 during the first week of August. We had a beverage cooler, but didn't have any issues with it keeping our food and drinks cold.

Yes, the hot tub was open, but it was waaaaaaay too hot outside to want to go in it. I even found the water in the pool too hot to be comfortable. The water in the Ol' Man Island pool at Riverside was a bit cooler and more refreshing, but both pools were great.
Good to know about the Riverside pool being cooler - will have to let my son know ! Thanks for the tip!

Doesn't look like our MagicBands are going to arrive in time for our trip :(

Anyone there know how the variety of bands is at the hotel gift shop?

Does POFQ allow us to borrow a luggage cart to unload the car when we check in and our room is ready? When we were at POP pre-covid, they allowed us if we left our ID.

Just got back on Tuesday from 5 nights at POFQ. I just love this resort, mostly because it's so small; easily only took about 5 minutes to walk from the bus stops to our room at the far end of building 3. Food choices were OK but I didn't think there was a lot of grab-n-go option (but I'm used to what was offered at POP, pre-pandemic). We enjoyed drinks at Scat Cat's Lounge one evening, and had a great time chatting with the bartender, Shelly, at the pool bar. Housekeeping was non-existent; I had to take out our trash, request new coffee cups, etc. We didn't like the in-room coffee provided by Disney (Joffrey's 50th Anniversary blend) but I'd brought Wolfgang Puck's French Roast (Amazon) with us so we were OK there. Yes, the coffeemakers are the kind that take "pads" that look like round tea bags, and you have the option of brewing one or two cups at a time. Busses ran regularly and well, usually arriving before the time posted at the bus stops. We didn't use the pool. The boat to Disney Springs IS running, and that was a nice change from bus service all the time (last launch from DS is 11:30pm). If you have any questions I'll try to answer. We had a great time and I'll probably spend the extra $$$ to stay here again instead of at a value!

We just arrived home today from our two week trip. My friend and I are already in the post Disney sadness.
We really enjoyed the resort. We ate there a number of times, also took the boat over to Riverside twice to eat at Boatwrights. Beignets a few times lol. We went to the lounge one night, but there was only 2 people working (one serving and one making drinks). I felt bad they were both ran off their feet but by the time we got our drinks I was ready to leave.
We were in building 4 and loved how it was close to everything. The first few (four) days we had to be searching for housekeeping, but after that we seemed to get the regular every two days.
Buses for the most part were great. Only time they weren't was for typhoon lagoon. Wish we had just ubered. We showed up at the bus stop at 9:15, 6 other groups already there waiting. The busy didn't show until 10:25. So much for getting there close to opening, and since you first have to go to DS it was late. Like barely could find a chair to put our bag. I'm a ropedrop person so this kinda put a cramp in my day to start with.
We loved the pool, wish it was a little deeper in parts but it was a great way to relax at the end of the day.
My only complaint about the property is the shower lol. Water pressure is non existant. I have thick hair and omg it took me FOREVER to shampoo twice. And the water started out so cold. (and most of the time I was just home from the park and didn't want it hot) I just felt it was ironic that the card in the bathroom asks you to reuse a towel to help save water but we had to waste gallons of water just waiting for the water to become warm enough to be willing to stand under it without freezing :) But the hair dryer in the room was great and I was happy I didn't pack my own.
Thanks to everyone here for answering my questions to help get myself ready for our trip. This was the right place to stay. The size, especially after park days in August, was a huge help.

Super excited. We are coming back to the Mouse next year AND staying at POFQ again :cloud9: We are booked 01/26/23 - 02/05/23 in 2 garden view rooms. We considered staying at CBR for the skyliner access but there were just too many negatives. We so enjoyed our stay here last time that it became OBVIOUS POFQ was the right choice.

We love the rooms, the food, the small resort footprint, the quaint "streets" and landscaping not to mention the great bus service and boat to DS. My mouth is already watering for shrimp and grits followed by beignets :love:

Hello all, currently booked at Pop but thinking about switching to POFQ. We would plan on using the under-bed space to store our luggage. Does anyone know how tall the under-bed space is? Wondering if our luggage will fit. Thanks so much.

Hello all, currently booked at Pop but thinking about switching to POFQ. We would plan on using the under-bed space to store our luggage. Does anyone know how tall the under-bed space is? Wondering if our luggage will fit. Thanks so much.

Years ago I remember seeing a picture where someone had a tape measure showing the height of the underneath storage. If I run across it, I will post. We never tried putting our regular luggage under the beds but we did store our carry-on luggage and shoes under the beds.

Hopefully someone will come along with a more definitive answer for you!

My only complaint about the property is the shower lol. Water pressure is non existant. I have thick hair and omg it took me FOREVER to shampoo twice. And the water started out so cold. (and most of the time I was just home from the park and didn't want it hot) I just felt it was ironic that the card in the bathroom asks you to reuse a towel to help save water but we had to waste gallons of water just waiting for the water to become warm enough to be willing to stand under it without freezing :) But the hair dryer in the room was great and I was happy I didn't pack my own.
I agree, the water pressure is AWFUL. It's the first time I've been thankful that I am old and my hair is thin. DD28 had a TERRIBLE time getting the conditioner out of her long, thick, wavy hair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter