• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Wondering can you normally hear the people in the room above you? I don't think I have it in me to walk to the third floor in August lol

Wondering can you normally hear the people in the room above you? I don't think I have it in me to walk to the third floor in August lol
It really depends on the people in the room above you. POFQ is typical of motel-type rooms. The walls and floors are not soundproof so you sometimes you can hear fellow resort guests.

Can anyone tell me how often mousekeeping are replacing the coffee in the room, and what coffee the machines in the room use in case I want to buy some nicer ones! Is it pods? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me how often mousekeeping are replacing the coffee in the room, and what coffee the machines in the room use in case I want to buy some nicer ones! Is it pods? Thanks!
They replace them when asked. As often as you need.

The coffee maker is the Cuisinart 2 Cup Coffee Maker. They do not use pods, they use "pads". I make my own pads at home.

I have noticed on the My Disney Experience app the menu for the food court lists some items that are not shown when you go to the mobile order. For example, the overnight oats at breakfast or the French dip at lunch / dinner. Does this mean the items aren't actually available now or just that for some reason you have to order them in person? (photo example attached)Screenshot_20220428-075104_Disney World.jpgScreenshot_20220428-075123_Disney World.jpg

Does anyone know if shrimp and grits will return to the menu? I was so disappointed when I didn't see it there. Big fan over here.

Does anyone know if shrimp and grits will return to the menu? I was so disappointed when I didn't see it there. Big fan over here.

Anyone know if the ones at Riverside are any good? I would like to give it a try and I know we will be going over thereat some point for a meal.

Anyone know if the ones at Riverside are any good? I would like to give it a try and I know we will be going over thereat some point for a meal.
DW loves the ones that have been served at Sassagoula Floatworks (POFQ). In February she tried them at Boatwright's (POR) and couldn't finish them. The grits were an orange shade and not white, and appeared to have been mixed with some sort of cheese (or cheese-like substance). I tasted them and agreed that they weren't very good.

DW loves the ones that have been served at Sassagoula Floatworks (POFQ). In February she tried them at Boatwright's (POR) and couldn't finish them. The grits were an orange shade and not white, and appeared to have been mixed with some sort of cheese (or cheese-like substance). I tasted them and agreed that they weren't very good.
It's not on the menu at POFQ on the online menu. Thats why I was wondering about the Riverside ones. Maybe they will be back before we get there, if not thanks for the Boatwright's opinion :)

It's not on the menu at POFQ on the online menu. Thats why I was wondering about the Riverside ones. Maybe they will be back before we get there, if not thanks for the Boatwright's opinion :)
I don't see shrimp and grits on Riverside menu. Is it an unlisted special?

I don't see shrimp and grits on Riverside menu. Is it an unlisted special?
No, when I look up the menu on the Disney's Website for Boatwright's it shows:

Deep South Shrimp and Grits​

Sustainable Shrimp and Andouille Sausage served with Spicy Cream Sauce over our Creamy Charleston-style Grits

Has anyone stayed at POFQ in the last couple of months? Do the rooms have a beverage cooler or mini fridge? if the mini fridge, does it have a small freezer compartment.

thanks in advance!

Stayed there in Feb. Recall a mini-fridge, but don't think it had a freezer compartment (and if it did, it was one of those ineffectual kinds that doesn't really keep things frozen).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter