Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Very specific question, but it really matters to me- does anyone know if the showers have curtains? I really dislike that and deal with iif often at Disney resorts but hopeful they’ve updated that now. 🤞🏽

Very specific question, but it really matters to me- does anyone know if the showers have curtains? I really dislike that and deal with iif often at Disney resorts but hopeful they’ve updated that now. 🤞🏽
Not the best picture, but we were at FQ last month. The shower area had the dispensers on the wall with body wash, shampoo, conditioner and there was a shower curtain.

Thank you both!!! Not a deal breaker just something I dislike and really wish they would change. But thank you for the info!

Is anyone currently staying here? We arrive tomorrow…last minute I switched from AKL because we had such a great experience here in December.👍 Anyway, I’m mostly wondering if it’s super busy or if anyone else is experiencing issues. My daughter arrived yesterday morning and hasn’t had the best experience so far which makes me sad because we love this place. I’m hoping it’s just because of MLK weekend, maybe they’re short on staff and this was a one-off experience?

Is anyone currently staying here? We arrive tomorrow…last minute I switched from AKL because we had such a great experience here in December.👍 Anyway, I’m mostly wondering if it’s super busy or if anyone else is experiencing issues. My daughter arrived yesterday morning and hasn’t had the best experience so far which makes me sad because we love this place. I’m hoping it’s just because of MLK weekend, maybe they’re short on staff and this was a one-off experience?
What has not been a good experience?

What has not been a good experience?
They’re traveling with a baby, arrived late morning. After a few hours they offered to take any room that was available instead of waiting for what they’d requested but none were available. Their room wasn’t ready until 5:30pm (got the text after they left for their dinner reservation). Upon returning, there was no pack n play (she had called directly to confirm the day before arrival) and I guess it took quite awhile to get that to the room. And then their Target order left with bell services was missing the cases of water. Target insisted it was delivered but I’ll be the first to admit that might not be the fault of FQ. Not a very magical start to their trip but I think today was a better day.👍

French Quarter has freestyle machines, correct? Might get a refillable cup for the resort if that's the case. With the price of a Coke now I'll soon get my money's worth!!

Has anyone had good luck at POFQ with room requests made through touring plans? Or is it better to make requests directly through Disney? I know this varies from resort to resort. Thanks!

Has anyone had good luck at POFQ with room requests made through touring plans? Or is it better to make requests directly through Disney? I know this varies from resort to resort. Thanks!
My son/daughter-in-law and I put in requests through Touring Plans that we have connecting rooms. We didn’t ask for a location because connecting rooms were most important to us. Our request was granted. This was November, 2021.

I’ve stayed twice and had TP room requests sent. Once I was upgraded to a garden view but pretty much where my room request had been just the garden side. The other request was granted.

Excited for our first ever trip to POFQ!

I tried searching and looking through this thread and the Resort Grocery Delivery thread but don't see an answer to my question. I want to place an order at Publix using Shipt (already have a membership) and am wondering if Bell Services is receiving the groceries from them. We arrive late so I want to place the order before we board our flight so it is there when we arrive. Traveling with some first timers (and first time flyers) so I am sure everyone will be exhausted by the time we get there. Does anyone have any recent experiences with this? I understand there is a $6 resort fee.

Thanks so much for your reply!

Excited for our first ever trip to POFQ!

I tried searching and looking through this thread and the Resort Grocery Delivery thread but don't see an answer to my question. I want to place an order at Publix using Shipt (already have a membership) and am wondering if Bell Services is receiving the groceries from them. We arrive late so I want to place the order before we board our flight so it is there when we arrive. Traveling with some first timers (and first time flyers) so I am sure everyone will be exhausted by the time we get there. Does anyone have any recent experiences with this? I understand there is a $6 resort fee.

Thanks so much for your reply!
There are two FB groups (probably more) for the Port Orleans resorts. The founder of this thread has one, and a page with a wealth of info, portorleans.org. You can find his FB page from that link. The other one I follow is a "magical guide" (has that in the name of the FB page). You might get a quicker answer via FB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter