Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

The security thing for boats make zero sense to me. I can't think of a single time I had to go through security for Disney Springs including my trip last month.
If you park at Disney Springs, you have to go through a metal detector before you walk out of the parking lot.

Is there talk that once the two resorts on the Sassagoula open the boats won't be running?

I sure hope so! We are there just for one night (I LOVE FQ but my hubs prefers AKL) and part of the appeal was the boat to DS as that is a non-park day for us

Is there talk that once the two resorts on the Sassagoula open the boats won't be running?

No one knows one way or the other at the moment, and Disney certainly aren't saying anything yet. All we know is the boats are currently not running.

Someone saw one of them being hauled past Riverside by road a few weeks ago (6th Aug) but we don't know why.

Andre

Does anyone think POFQ may not reopen on schedule? I switched my Dec reservation when the reopening was announced but I’ve seen speculation about some resort reopenings being pushed back. There’s hardly any availability for my dates, today only AKL savanna view is showing up.

I Have read a lot of this thread and I just didn’t find it anywhere so im gonna ask… is the boat to Disney Springs running again yet?

We booked our POFQ stay for 4 Dec 2021 thru 11 Dec 2021. We are excited to be back after missing out in 2020 (our first missed year since we got married in 2009). Hopefully everything will go as smoothly as we hope. Maybe the Dining Plan will be back by then. 🤷‍♂️ One can hope. :)

I Have read a lot of this thread and I just didn’t find it anywhere so im gonna ask… is the boat to Disney Springs running again yet?

A little dickie bird just told me that the Sassagoula Riverboat cast members are currently being called back to work again, with a provisional aim of opening the first part of the service (the Old Key West and Saratoga Springs runs) around 1st October. That bodes really well for the full service to be available by the time the two Port Orleans resorts re-open to guests.

Andre

A little dickie bird just told me that the Sassagoula Riverboat cast members are currently being called back to work again, with a provisional aim of opening the first part of the service (the Old Key West and Saratoga Springs runs) around 1st October. That bodes really well for the full service to be available by the time the two Port Orleans resorts re-open to guests.

Andre

That makes my heart so happy!!! I cannot wait to return to POFQ and then float down the Sassagoula to Disney Springs... 🥰

Just booked French Quarter for a relaxing February trip with hubby. We stayed in Riverside way back in 2008 when the kids were younger and we needed a place that slept five but never even walked over to French Quarter to look around or anything. I'm looking forward to staying here. For our trip in 2019 we stayed at Wilderness Lodge so I hope DH is happy with POFQ after staying at WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter