• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Made the switch for our April 2022 trip from CSR to POFQ, everyone is very excited to be going back to the first resort we ever stayed at. Next up, wait and see what if any discounts come out.

We switched yesterday from CBR to POFQ for mid December. Had a split reservation due to deciding to change our flight and come in late the night before and adding that night and our room category not being available. Now we have one reservation at one of our favorite resorts.

Had CSR for end Nov beginning Dec, but switched for just about $80 to French Quarter....reason: love both, but stayed 4 times already at CSR and only 3 at POFQ, so of course I had to even things out!:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I was searching for Christmas week 2022 and every resort shows as filled but is that because I actually can’t book yet? I didn’t realize that! I thought everything in 2022 was open…
December 2022 is not open to be booked as of yet. You can only book 499 or 500 days in advance (I can't remember the actual time). And you will have to wait until the LAST day of your trip to open up to book the whole thing. So since I am going December 2-9 I have to wait until December 9 opens to book my trip. Well, to have my travel agent book my trip. Luckily she knows exactly what date that will be haha.

Just changed our 11/28-12/6 reservation from POP standard room to POFQ Garden View. It'll be our first stay at this resort, and we are so excited!

December 2022 is not open to be booked as of yet. You can only book 499 or 500 days in advance (I can't remember the actual time). And you will have to wait until the LAST day of your trip to open up to book the whole thing. So since I am going December 2-9 I have to wait until December 9 opens to book my trip. Well, to have my travel agent book my trip. Luckily she knows exactly what date that will be haha.

I was able to book November 2022 at 500 days from check in. I was able to book all 9 nights at that time.

I was able to book November 2022 at 500 days from check in. I was able to book all 9 nights at that time.
And that is why I have a travel agent for this trip lol.

Thank you for the correction. Hopefully that means my trip will be booked sooner then I expected.

Made the switch for our April 2022 trip from CSR to POFQ, everyone is very excited to be going back to the first resort we ever stayed at. Next up, wait and see what if any discounts come out.
I just did that also and I'm hoping I don't regret it. Was booked in the Tower. But moved for a family member who was staying in POFQ to make it easier to meet up.

I just did that also and I'm hoping I don't regret it. Was booked in the Tower. But moved for a family member who was staying in POFQ to make it easier to meet up.

Yeah we were booked at the Tower as well, but since there was no availability on our arrival day we had All Star Movies then Tower. So we didn't have to transfer we booked POFQ for the entire trip. First time here, but we loved our stay at Riverside in 2018. We had never stayed at CSR and hope we don't regret it, but I've honestly never heard anything negative about POFQ.

And that is why I have a travel agent for this trip lol.

Thank you for the correction. Hopefully that means my trip will be booked sooner then I expected.

I also use a TA. I like having someone to be on hold and applying discounts if they’re released!

Does FQ share buses with Riverside or does have its own dedicated busses to parks?
if i remember correctly it shares a bus with riverside. i stayed at FQ in 2016 and i think it was shared.

for sure gonna have to make time to go there for some beignets. really would like to stay there again since it was the very first disney resort i stayed at and i really want to use their pool cuz every time i went to go in they had to close due to storms. buuuutttt i just bought into DVC and thats all my husband wants to stay at. maybe we can do a night or two at FQ then move to a DVC resort, it'll take some convincing though lol

FQ and POR sometimes shares buses, for some parks. MK used to almost always have separate services, while AK and Disney Springs most often were shared. It also varies a bit by time of day (afternoons more likely to share than mornings).

But of course no one knows if the same logic will be followed when they re-open. Like everything else at WDW, any pre-pandemic assumptions could well be different now.

Andre

I love both Riverside & FQ, but I'm bummed that I wasn't able to grab a FQ reservation for Wine & Dine. I picked a random weekend (the weekend after race weekend) but today decided to sign up for the race weekend, and of course people who plan ahead beat me to FQ, lol. Here's to constant looking to see if something opens up!

I love both Riverside & FQ, but I'm bummed that I wasn't able to grab a FQ reservation for Wine & Dine. I picked a random weekend (the weekend after race weekend) but today decided to sign up for the race weekend, and of course people who plan ahead beat me to FQ, lol. Here's to constant looking to see if something opens up!
I hope it opens up for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter