• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hmm I wonder if we should wait til 2018 for POFQ then. Decisions decisions. I'm not too big on the FQ theming but the compactness seems so nice. CBR seems more my style theming wise but I might give that up for the small size, one bus stop and elevators

I've stayed at CBR before and it was lovely. We stayed there during a trip where we would be at the parks from morning till night with just one afternoon break for swimming. The walk to the pool and food court was very long (over ten minutes with our little boys) but it was doable since we made the round-trip walk exactly once. This next trip we're staying at POFQ and we chose it because we plan to have a lot of down time. I wanted the small footprint so that enjoying the pool and running to the food court didn't seem like a chore. So, maybe take a look at what you want out of your vacation (lots of resort time or not?) and choose based on that.

We use one of the kinds that attach to the closet rod near the sinks. There are 5-7 shelves & work great for stashing toiletries & stuff. I particularly like that it collapses flat for easy packing. We keep it in our suitcases for future trips.

We pack at least two of these closet storage shelves for the hanging rod by the sink, too. Even better than packing it flat, though, IMHO, is to pack it with the shelves already full. Then when you get to your resort, unpacking is as easy as pulling the shelf out and hanging it onto the rod. Simple and easy!

Hi everyone. I just returned from a 6 night stay at POFQ with my sister on a "girl's trip." While I've stayed in this resort before, it has been well over 10 years. It was just as comfortable and quaint as I remembered. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

A few observations:
  • The beds were very comfortable, but pillows were not great. Luckily, there are several on each bed.
  • Our room was clean and not worn or dated at all.
  • Food court was busy but never overwhelming at any hour.
  • Bus service was quick, but shared stops with Riverside in the late morning and afternoons, slowing things down a bit. Earlier trips had dedicated bus service.
  • The lack of a clock in the room was irritating. I know we all have cell phones, but it's not convenient to dig it out to check the time when in the room.

I just booked FQ for October. It'll be my first time staying there...I'm still a little nervous because I love CSR and didn't love POR, but I'm hoping it was a good choice! It'll just be 2 adults in a king bed room!

We already have POFQ booked for 10-22 to 10-29. Garden view room with dining and park hopper. I have been trying to call to see if we get the RO discount, what are our chances?

I read that in order to request a room you have to send a Fax. Has anyone ever requested a room and if so were you successful? And what about an early check in?

Is POFQ excluded when it comes to CM discounts?

Not normally, no. But there aren't as many rooms there as at some resorts so the quantity might be limited.

Free Dining has just been announced for the fall, and FQ is excluded from the offer again like it was last year.

Andre

Does anyone know if POFQ Food Court offers any bottled drink/juices that I can order with my meal?

Hi everyone. I just returned from a 6 night stay at POFQ with my sister on a "girl's trip." While I've stayed in this resort before, it has been well over 10 years. It was just as comfortable and quaint as I remembered. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

A few observations:
  • The beds were very comfortable, but pillows were not great. Luckily, there are several on each bed.
  • Our room was clean and not worn or dated at all.
  • Food court was busy but never overwhelming at any hour.
  • Bus service was quick, but shared stops with Riverside in the late morning and afternoons, slowing things down a bit. Earlier trips had dedicated bus service.
  • The lack of a clock in the room was irritating. I know we all have cell phones, but it's not convenient to dig it out to check the time when in the room.

We did have an alarm clock in our room so maybe something had happened to yours?

We did have an alarm clock in our room so maybe something had happened to yours?

They have been removing the clocks from all the rooms. They are also available from Housekeeping upon request. So either they hadn't gotten to your room yet or the guest before you requested one and they forgot to remove it once they checked out.

We just returned from an 8 night stay and loved POFQ. we also had a room clock. We would definitely stay here again

I just booked FQ for October. It'll be my first time staying there...I'm still a little nervous because I love CSR and didn't love POR, but I'm hoping it was a good choice! It'll just be 2 adults in a king bed room!
I am also in the boat that I love CSR and POFQ but am not a huge fan of Riverside. The bus service is so bad it just really did me in after 2 tries. I have really enjoyed my stays at CSR and POFQ. I like CSR for trips where I am going to have resort time (much better pool/pool bar than either of the Port Orleans resorts) and POFQ when I am doing a trip where I will be in the parks a little more or in the winter months. The small size makes everything so convenient!

Okay, I have read that a few of you have done Amazon pantry orders for your stays at POFQ. I am seriously thinking about this for our stay at the end of May. I am an Amazon prime member but have never done Amazon pantry. I am thinking we will probably just need a few snacks/breakfast foods. My question is what is the exact address you sent the box and how many days before your arrival did you ship your package? Thanks so much!

Okay, I have read that a few of you have done Amazon pantry orders for your stays at POFQ. I am seriously thinking about this for our stay at the end of May. I am an Amazon prime member but have never done Amazon pantry. I am thinking we will probably just need a few snacks/breakfast foods. My question is what is the exact address you sent the box and how many days before your arrival did you ship your package? Thanks so much!

Everything you need to know is in the Shipping to Your Resort Stickey.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/shipping-to-and-from-disney-resorts-faq-new.3435904/

Does anyone know if POFQ Food Court offers any bottled drink/juices that I can order with my meal?

Tons, yes. They are in a chiller cabinet near the cash desks:

POFQ-Food-2014-5007_forum.jpg

If you are on a dining plan, all of these are options to accompany your QS meal (with the exception of any alcoholic beverages).

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter