• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We think the beds at POFQ are very comfortable! The pillows, however, aren't the greatest, but I have noticed an improvement the past visit. The BEST beds are at the Dolphin - they are called "Heavenly Beds" and I agree! lol

Does POFQ have the Electronic Bus Monitor installed and working? If not, has it been installed yet? Sure would be nice to have it working for my trip. I stayed at CBR last fall and the monitors were installed but not active yet.
what's the electronic bus monitor?

Okay I wasn't sure. When was the last POFQ last refurbished room wise? Are they still nice? Or are they starting to look like they need refurbished again?

See that makes me concerned that the beds and pillows won't be comfy and the room will look dated. Idk though has anyone been in the last few months?

See that makes me concerned that the beds and pillows won't be comfy and the room will look dated. Idk though has anyone been in the last few months?

We were there 2 weeks ago. It was our first Disney trip, so I have nothing to compare it to, but we loved the room. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were too soft for me (though each bed had like 5, so I just used 2 or 3 and was fine)

maybe over the door to the bathroom...I think it opens "in"

Pretty tight space though - you would brush into it going in and out - would it by chance hang over the clothes rod where the hangers go? I think it was pretty long, although a little lower than a door.

You think 5 years is dated?
I meant in comparison to some other mods that have been more recently renovated sorry! I definitely don't think 5 years by itself would seem dated but my husband and I are already having to prepare expectations because ore baby our vacations were to Las Vegas and those rooms were amazing

You think 5 years is dated?

The next round of room refurbs is due in 2017, but this far out there's plenty of time for that to change. However there is nothing at all the matter with the rooms at the moment (I'm sure there's the odd exception, but generally speaking anyway).

Andre

Last edited:
Hmm I wonder if we should wait til 2018 for POFQ then. Decisions decisions. I'm not too big on the FQ theming but the compactness seems so nice. CBR seems more my style theming wise but I might give that up for the small size, one bus stop and elevators

So would you all pick POFQ over CBR?
Let me start by saying I have never been to WDW, but we're going in a week and staying at the POFQ. I will be happy to give you my opinion when we get back :)

I am a faithful tripadvisor.com user. I use it for every trip we take. POFQ gets much better traveler reviews than CBR or any other moderates, and it's ranked a lot higher. A lot of CBR reviews complain about damp, smelly rooms. And this may or may not be an issue for you, but there are a lot of complaints about how spread out it is and a long walk to get to anything. And I don't know if you're planning on booking a Pirate room, but those get horrible reviews. POFQ is the complete opposite. I researched all of the moderates extensively before we chose POFQ, and I saw a lot of reviews from people who had stayed at both POFQ and the other moderates. Over and over they said they'd choose POFQ again over any other. The POR also gets better reviews than the other CBR.

We have a 4 and 8 year old and I was somewhat concerned that maybe the POFQ didn't have the Disney experience feel that we want for our girls. And honestly I'm not a huge fan of the New Orleans theme. I posted about it on this site and another, and every response I got was that their kids loved it, and it was a great atmosphere.

Obviously there will be varying opinions and what one person thinks is great, may not be great to another. But in general the reviews as a whole are much better for POFQ than CBR. Recently I've seen posts with people saying they'd stay at POFQ again over the Deluxe they chose because the big cost difference wasn't worth what they got. Again, personal opinions, but it's something to think about. We actually plan on choosing either Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge for our next trip just for a new experience. But for now we have nothing to compare.

I have never been to WDW, but we're going in a week and staying at the POFQ. I will be happy to give you my opinion when we get back :)
While I wouldn't rate ANY moderate over a Deluxe, I would rate FQ over any moderate, just because of the size. I don't have little kids, so that's not an issue for me. What is an issue is that the other moderates are so much bigger, with multiple bus stops. Themeing is also a matter of personal taste, and I'm quite comfortable with FQ, but that's from an adult's perspective. Families with ittle kid may enjoy other mods more due to pool variety, etc., but that's not important to me, in fact would rather not have a room close to some of the "kid-friendly" events just due to the noise factor. The room layouts (with the exception of the SPECIAL ones) are pretty much the same across all the mods, with the distinct color palettes. I like the quiet, the size, and the theming of FQ. Once my 18 month old grandson starts traveling with us, I'll probably change my tune A LOT!! LOL

Over the hanging rail in the wash area maybe?

Andre
We use one of the kinds that attach to the closet rod near the sinks. There are 5-7 shelves & work great for stashing toiletries & stuff. I particularly like that it collapses flat for easy packing. We keep it in our suitcases for future trips.

So would you all pick POFQ over CBR?

I chose POFQ over CBR for week after next's trip for a variety of reasons. The main ones were the more compact layout, less likelihood of long rides due to one stop and having a better pool area than most values. I'm looking forward to seeing how the resort is and saying more about whether it was worth it over a Value in two weeks or so.

We'll be checking into POFQ in exactly one week! Can't wait!!! We've stayed here before and really enjoy the peaceful feeling the resort gives! We're bring my granddaughter, and I know she will LOVE the new kids pool area!

I chose POFQ over CBR for week after next's trip for a variety of reasons. The main ones were the more compact layout, less likelihood of long rides due to one stop and having a better pool area than most values. I'm looking forward to seeing how the resort is and saying more about whether it was worth it over a Value in two weeks or so.
Thanks! We are still undecided between CBR CSR and POFQ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter