Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Yep, that $250 is after taxes and resort fees. Resort fees are the worst, especially now in the pandemic. One still pays the same resort fee, but with way less of the "amenities" that the fee allegedly paid for. It's just showing that these resort fees are bogus but that is a conversation for another thread.
You got a great rate!

For POFQ rooms, will they have the small bottles of toiletries or mounted on the wall?? It is nice to not bring what they are supplying.

It’s been a long time since we were at WDW. With the switch to wall-mounted toiletries, is there still bar soap supplied? Or is there just body wash in a bulk, mounted container? I travel with my own shampoo/conditioner. I don’t usually need to pack bar soap but will pack it if it’s not in the room.

It’s been a long time since we were at WDW. With the switch to wall-mounted toiletries, is there still bar soap supplied? Or is there just body wash in a bulk, mounted container? I travel with my own shampoo/conditioner. I don’t usually need to pack bar soap but will pack it if it’s not in the room.

Yes, they give you bar soap also.

They give you the smaller bar of hand/face soap at the sink, but you could use that in the shower instead. I seem to remember that I only had the one bar last time, but I bring my own body wash (I'm like one of the few people who dislikes the H2O shower products but will use the bar as hand soap if needed).

If you don't want to use their body wash and you don't like switching the soap back and forth you might consider bringing your own.

Thank you all for the comments, I really appreciate it! I was able to get a POFQ river view and a Swan traditional no view for the same total price so I will just weigh the pros and cons I guess. Decisions! Thank you again everyone.
You will get the Deluxe extra evening hours is you stay at the Swan. If the price is the same and you want more park time, not to mention the short walk to Epcot and moderate walk to HS.

I have a soft place in my heart for POFQ but I would choose Swan (even though I have never stayed there) just for the proximity to Epcot and the extra evening hours.

Yep, that $250 is after taxes and resort fees. Resort fees are the worst, especially now in the pandemic. One still pays the same resort fee, but with way less of the "amenities" that the fee allegedly paid for. It's just showing that these resort fees are bogus but that is a conversation for another thread.
That's why we don't stay at the Disney Springs hotels. Why can't hotels just tell you what it is going to cost to spend a night at their hotel?

Beginets are there, but for some reason not listed on the food court menu. They are available from Scat Cat's Café in the lobby.

[Edit: Beignets can no longer by purchased with your food court order and picked up at the cafe, you need to order, pay and collect from the cafe]

Andre

Last edited:
menu changes disappointing...with a few items left from old menu but dinner mostly the same as value Resorts. Beignets don’t appear on menu and nether do the dinners they used to serve including the ribs and fried chicken and rice bowls. Also now regular ff instead of the steak fries they had before.

Missing pancakes is my biggest disappointment. They were a staple item at both food courts before, and always my go-to breakfast. :(

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter