Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I have 2 seemingly odd questions: do the rooms at PO:FQ have ceiling fans, and how well does the air conditioner reach both beds?
My mom and I exist in different temperatures, so we're hoping if she gets the bed further away from the A/C, she won't be freezing, and I won't have to complain about it being too warm and stuffy.

...I've briefly considered if we should get 2 rooms at the All-Stars so we can both have our own A/C at our own temperature. :rotfl:
There are ceiling fans in each room and you can just call and they’ll bring you a box fan 😊

I think I found my new favorite resort! We've always stayed at the values, but now that we're empty nesters with slightly more spending money, I am ready to step up. We were at WDW a few weeks ago, and on a non-park day we decided to leave Disney Springs and take the boat down the river, got off at POFQ and fell in love instantly. Such a huge step up from the values! Loved the architecture & the size. We tried booking our 2020 stay with the bounceback offer but after several attempts we gave up (none of our dates were available). Just thought I'd share my excitement!

Congrats on your bounce back offer
We are doing POFQ for the first time next year
We can not wait for the ambiance :)

My husband and I will be at POFQ next Sunday, 12/8, and I'm getting ready to start packing. Can someone please let me know the current toiletry situation - i.e., shampoo and body wash dispensers in the shower? small bottles of body lotion? Also, are the toiletries the Grapefruit Bergamot H2O product?
Many thanks!

My husband and I will be at POFQ next Sunday, 12/8, and I'm getting ready to start packing. Can someone please let me know the current toiletry situation - i.e., shampoo and body wash dispensers in the shower? small bottles of body lotion? Also, are the toiletries the Grapefruit Bergamot H2O product?
Many thanks!
The shower had body wash, shampoo and conditioner dispensers .There was a small bottle of body lotion and a bar of facial soap at the sink. Got a extras halfway through our trip. They were H2O products but I don't remember the scent.

The shower had body wash, shampoo and conditioner dispensers .There was a small bottle of body lotion and a bar of facial soap at the sink. Got a extras halfway through our trip. They were H2O products but I don't remember the scent.

You got facial soap?! I didn't! And no extras during the week I was there.

I think it's sea salt, but not 100% positive. Turns my hair to straw. Blech.

A bar of soap should be provided by the sinks. We found they try to change it too often, we'd be quite happy to use the same bar for our whole stay but they kept replacing it.

Andre

Did you pay for daily house keeping? I opted to get the $10 per day so maybe that's why I didn't get anything.

Well, yes, if you opted out of housekeeping then you wouldn't expect housekeeping... We don't opt out.

Andre

I didn't expect housekeeping. But sounds like I should have gotten one bar of soap. Neither of our rooms had a bar of soap. Just the hand lotion and the stuff in the shower. But that's no big deal and not worth $60

I didn't expect housekeeping. But sounds like I should have gotten one bar of soap. Neither of our rooms had a bar of soap. Just the hand lotion and the stuff in the shower. But that's no big deal and not worth $60
You can also ask the housekeepers for them off the cart, or if you need anything during your stay you can call down and they’ll bring it to you.

I’m here now and was surprised and happy to see towel Mickeys in my room at check-in. One was in the windowsill and the other was on the table and adorned in Mardi Gras beads. Such a fun start to my stay!

On the negative side, what the heck did they do to their pizza? I usually grab a food court pizza at least once per stay and have always found it to be decent, if a bit underwhelming. Well, turns out that pizza was gourmet compared to the garbage they just gave me. I literally threw it out because it was nearly inedible. They somehow managed to make the dough, sauce, and cheese (!) equally tasteless. How disappointing. I wonder if they switched it up at all Values and Moderates or just FQ. Either way, I hope they switch it back!

I’m here now and was surprised and happy to see towel Mickeys in my room at check-in. One was in the windowsill and the other was on the table and adorned in Mardi Gras beads. Such a fun start to my stay!

On the negative side, what the heck did they do to their pizza? I usually grab a food court pizza at least once per stay and have always found it to be decent, if a bit underwhelming. Well, turns out that pizza was gourmet compared to the garbage they just gave me. I literally threw it out because it was nearly inedible. They somehow managed to make the dough, sauce, and cheese (!) equally tasteless. How disappointing. I wonder if they switched it up at all Values and Moderates or just FQ. Either way, I hope they switch it back!

The only way they'll switch it back is if they hear from folks that they don't like it. Ask to talk to a manager and let them know your disappointment. For the sake all those who come after you . . .

The only way they'll switch it back is if they hear from folks that they don't like it. Ask to talk to a manager and let them know your disappointment. For the sake all those who come after you . . .

Yes - this! I know it's not fun to stop and give feedback, but I personally believe it has more impact coming from a Guest face-to-face than from an email sent later, or a complaint buried in a survey.

The Management team at POFQ has always been open to feedback in my experience, as are most Disney managers. They know that they can't fix what's broken if they don't know about it.

Beignet Dash 12/7/2019

Attachments

• 20191208_091026.jpg
    20191208_091026.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20191208_091115.jpg
    20191208_091115.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20191208_091144.jpg
    20191208_091144.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20191208_091347.jpg
    20191208_091347.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 22

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter