Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed there this past December and the refurb rooms were very nice. The carpet is all replaced with more of a wood-like floor, and the rooms were very bright. The beds are a little higher to allows storage of suitcases underneath. I think you will love them!

Check here for the pictures of the 2018 refurbishment. Note that all rooms (except handicap-accessible roll-in shower rooms) have bathtubs. Another poster said there were no tubs. That is true of at least one resort, but not POFQ. https://www.portorleans.org/gallery-guest-RefurbPOFQ2018.php

I apologise, that was me, I was watching both PC and FQ threads and got mixed up! I stayed at Pop in February 2018 and my room had no bathtub. I was at POFQ in Feburary 2019, also in a refurbished room (with solid floor etc), and there was indeed a bathtub.

We stayed there this past December and the refurb rooms were very nice. The carpet is all replaced with more of a wood-like floor, and the rooms were very bright. The beds are a little higher to allows storage of suitcases underneath. I think you will love them!
Thank you! One more question, are the in room coffee makers Keurig type or some other type with pods? I’m not picky about much, but I am about coffee and since we drive I could bring my own Keurig cups.

Thank you! One more question, are the in room coffee makers Keurig type or some other type with pods? I’m not picky about much, but I am about coffee and since we drive I could bring my own Keurig cups.
I think they are the Cuisinart pods, but I am not sure. I don't drink coffee, so I didn't really pay that close attention.

We have a trip in under 30 days and I just switched my reservations from POR to FQ- totally clueless on FQ but I bailed on POR after the recent negative reviews. I need to learn and learn fast, so lots of reading to do! At least I'm closer to the Beignets! lol

No Keurig cups. Paper pods:
xtXwZDC.jpg

I am doing a last minute trip next week and deciding where to stay. It has been awhile since we have been to POFQ. Has anyone stayed lately that can share their bus experience? That is my biggest hang-up with the moderates...those internal bus loops make me crazy. I am spoiled by usually staying in the Epcot resort area with easy access to 2 parks. I think my kids would like POFQ though if I can avoid riding that POR internal loop too much.

I've stayed at POFQ in 2016, twice in 2018, and once in 2019 (April) and I only ever shared with Riverside once: coming back from Animal Kingdom around 2pm.

From what I've read on this lovely thread, you only have to worry about sharing going to the park if it's an off time, like the afternoon. But since I never go to a park in the afternoon, I can't personally corroborate.

I am doing a last minute trip next week and deciding where to stay. It has been awhile since we have been to POFQ. Has anyone stayed lately that can share their bus experience? That is my biggest hang-up with the moderates...those internal bus loops make me crazy. I am spoiled by usually staying in the Epcot resort area with easy access to 2 parks. I think my kids would like POFQ though if I can avoid riding that POR internal loop too much.

I was there in November for a week and never shared a bus with POR. I know sometimes they’ll share (and I got caught in that once a few years ago and yes, it’s maddening lol) but I think for the most part FQ has its own bus.

There is one bus stop (well, technically two, if you count the different depots) at POFQ, no bus loop.

I was there in February and found the buses great. Didn't thave any sharing with POR at all. All journeys seemed to be fairly short - in fact, I do wonder if this is the best located resort on property with regard to bus travel times. The only niggle I had was with just the two bus bays that served multiple destinations each - there is no queue management at the stops and it got a bit messy when there were several groups of people waiting.

I was there in February and found the buses great. Didn't thave any sharing with POR at all. All journeys seemed to be fairly short - in fact, I do wonder if this is the best located resort on property with regard to bus travel times. The only niggle I had was with just the two bus bays that served multiple destinations each - there is no queue management at the stops and it got a bit messy when there were several groups of people waiting.
Only the values have designated queues at their bus stops.

We stayed at POFQ in December 2017 and we shared with POR quite a bit. I'd say half of the week, leaving POFQ we'd pick up from POR. I was really surprised because the dedicated bus was one reason why we chose POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter