Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I am hoping that someone can assist me...we just got back from an AWESOME stay at POFQ and we are heading back down for a quick weekend trip in June...I got a great deal on a flight home but it leaves Orlando at 10:55 pm. I know that you can check your bags at the resort from 5 am - noon...does anyone have any experience if you can check your bags in the morning for a flight that does not leave until 10:55 pm...or will we need to store our bags at Bell Services and take them with us on the ME back to the airport? I am hoping I can check the bags at the resort as I am travelling with a mobility impaired senior and it will make it a lot easier if I just have to deal with the carry on bags and backpacks on the bus. Thanks in advance.
You'll have no problem checking your bags at the resort at anytime while they're open, no matter how late your flight is. You can also store your carryons with bell services until you're ready to get on ME.

Do any of the king rooms have a regular tub, rather than an accessible shower?

Most of them are regular rooms, apart from the king beds. Of course as with all of the other room categories, a handful have been ADA modified for better access for wheelchair users.

Andre

I believe you can. I'm not certain of it-- I think the latest flight I've taken out was about 8 or 9 PM, but I was able to then. Maybe give Disney a call just to be certain?

You'll have no problem checking your bags at the resort at anytime while they're open, no matter how late your flight is. You can also store your carryons with bell services until you're ready to get on ME.

Thank you DisneyFan83 and brockash!!!! That will make things sooooooo much easier for me.

Do any of the king rooms have a regular tub, rather than an accessible shower?
Room 5101 is a handicap room with a tub that has bars and handicap showerhead with a handheld showerhead as well. We really liked this room. As seniors, I wish all bathtubs were like this.

Happy Mother's Day to me! Our (adult) daughter has surprised me with a (quasi-last minute) girls trip to WDW, and we are staying at POFQ and I have just a tick over 2 weeks to get ready!

I can't wait! We were just there last September (stayed at WL in January, cuz y'all know when I go Deluxe... I go WL) and I am *so* looking forward to being home again! :)

Garden view room... the boats to Disney Springs... Scat Cat's for adult beverages in the evenings... I am just *days* away from my Happy Place! WooHOO!

Happy Mother's Day to me! Our (adult) daughter has surprised me with a (quasi-last minute) girls trip to WDW, and we are staying at POFQ and I have just a tick over 2 weeks to get ready!

I can't wait! We were just there last September (stayed at WL in January, cuz y'all know when I go Deluxe... I go WL) and I am *so* looking forward to being home again! :)

Garden view room... the boats to Disney Springs... Scat Cat's for adult beverages in the evenings... I am just *days* away from my Happy Place! WooHOO!
Sounds very similar to me! I took a solo trip to riverside around Halloween. Surprised my mom for her birthday with a trip and we will be at Pofq arrive on mother’s day! (Universal beforehand)

Sounds very similar to me! I took a solo trip to riverside around Halloween. Surprised my mom for her birthday with a trip and we will be at Pofq arrive on mother’s day! (Universal beforehand)

Oooo! See, I keep saying I want to go to Uni, but then I think to myself... I can just stay at POFQ and relax (see also: sleeping late, lounging by the pool, dining at Disney Springs, movies on the lawn, and more adult beverages) and while I do miss seeing the Minions BEE-DOO BEE-DOO BEE-DOO I think I might miss POFQ more, so...

I never get over to Uni! LOL

My daughter just texted me to ask if there were any FP+ I wanted. I told her that all I want is to go to Epcot for the "Yard & Art" (what we call Flower & Garden) and to have the chicken teriyaki at Katsura grill as many times as possible LOL. And visit the Boardwalk for ice cream at Ample Hills, because, ice cream! The theme parks are fun, but I'm there as much for the shopping and dining as I am for the rides and shows, if not more. :)

Now I like my coffee strong and last time we were there back in 2016 I was told by someone helpful on here how to make it stronger
*so the coffee maker brews one cup of coffee at a time there is a place to pour in one cupful of water then a place to put a small coffee pod the cup goes under the spout and you flip it on water pours over the pod and coffee goes in cup after wards take your cup of coffee and pour it back into the water area put in a new pod and repeat the brew double strength coffee* now my question is how can I do it with the new machines?

Also can anyone tell me if they have *spicy mustard* in the foodcourt to have with the meat?:-)

Last edited:
*so the coffee maker brews one cup of coffee at a time there is a place to pour in one cupful of water then a place to put a small coffee pod the cup goes under the spout and you flip it on water pours over the pod and coffee goes in cup after wards take your cup of coffee and pour it back into the water area put in a new pod and repeat the brew double strength coffee*

just a thought but I don't think running brewed coffee through the coffee maker would be a good idea? but that's just me..

Now tell me about the new coffee machines..LOL

Now I like my coffee strong and last time we were there back in 2016 I was told by someone helpful on here how to make it stronger
*so the coffee maker brews one cup of coffee at a time there is a place to pour in one cupful of water then a place to put a small coffee pod the cup goes under the spout and you flip it on water pours over the pod and coffee goes in cup after wards take your cup of coffee and pour it back into the water area put in a new pod and repeat the brew double strength coffee* now my question is how can I do it with the new machines?

Also can anyone tell me if they have *spicy mustard* in the foodcourt to have with the meat?:-)

And that, my friend, is why tea drinkers can't get the taste of coffee out of their brew. Please don't put coffee into the reservoir! Only water. Be respectful of the next person using your room please.

We will be there in a couple of weeks!

My husband is a runner and usually wakes up early to go for a jog before we head out. I heard about the Sunday morning run that they have at the resort. Do they still do it? If so, how early do you have to sign up for it?

Second question, do you use your magic bands to get into the gate at the resort for parking? My dad will be staying with us. We are arriving a few hours before him via DME as we are flying into MCO. Since he is on the reservation, would he be able to use them to get in the gate without having to stop at the guard to check in? I know there's a parking pass we have to get for him.

I am also interested in the type of coffee pot. I usually purchase one from Walmart and bring it home with me if space allows. This year I was considering using the 64oz TAL brand Ranger I bought. I could use that to bring my coffee back to the room. I am buying two refillable mugs so I should be covered there. ;) I only drink coffee and water so it should work. Does anyone know if the fridges are the newer narrow ones or the older ones that can accommodate a take away container?
Thanks for the info. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter