Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hello,

We are booked for a Garden View room in mid-July. We definitely would like a refurbished room (top priority) and being close to pool and foodcourt would be nice. Which building should we request? We've never been to POFQ and are very excited!

I would ask for what you want - refurbished room, close to pool and food court - rather than a building number, but like StageTek said, it's a compact resort. I've only stayed there twice, once in building 6 and one in 7, and even though the room in 7 was on the side furthest from the food court (7103), I doubt it took more than five minutes to walk there.

April must be power-washing season. We were near the food court (Rm 5101, first floor) in 2013 and for three days straight, they power-washed outside our room when dh (disabled) was trying to rest.

Yes, it was definitely that season. Not much of a pain for me while in the room, thankfully, but I definitely noticed it while walking around the resort (every building).

Does anyone know of any current FQ discounts that would apply for August? I know it's probably just my cookies on my phone, but I keep seeing ads for WDW discount on rooms and French Quarter's resort under it (attached ad-wise) but I don't see anything that applies to me.

I originally booked CBR as POFQ was sold out when we booked our package. I wasn't too bothered about staying at CBR, even though they're doing some refurb as the main ones, like the foodcourt and the store, was supposed to be finished before our trip. But since they announced that they wouldn't finish until after our trip, I was never happy with the idea of staying there, especially since we want to do a few relaxing days by the pool as well. But luckily when I checked the website today, it showed available rooms, so I phoned and swapped resorts :yay:

Does anyone here know how long it takes to show in MDE though? It's not showing yet, and it's making me a little nervous as I'm worried it was only available because someone else has cancelled and I might loose out if something went wrong. If that's the case, it's still appearing as available on the website, and it's only showing river view as available options (which is the one I changed to). I don't know if Disney ever keeps rooms unavailable on purpose to release them later, but if they do, I'd imagine that they would release more categories though. I don't know if there might be a delay as it's booked through the UK Disney Travel Company.
It took several days (might even have been a couple of weeks) when I swapped last year from Pop to FQ. I did have an invoice pretty much immediately with the correct info. They said as long as the invoice is right you’re good. It can take a little while for changes to filter through.

It took several days (might even have been a couple of weeks) when I swapped last year from Pop to FQ. I did have an invoice pretty much immediately with the correct info. They said as long as the invoice is right you’re good. It can take a little while for changes to filter through.

Thanks. Yeah I had the email with the invoice about 6 hours after changing the hotel, and it shows the correct resort when I log into the Disney UK site to view my reservation. It's just MDE that hasn't caught up yet.

Thanks. Yeah I had the email with the invoice about 6 hours after changing the hotel, and it shows the correct resort when I log into the Disney UK site to view my reservation. It's just MDE that hasn't caught up yet.
As long as those are right MDE will eventually come right :)

Hi all! Anyone have the May activities guide? I found the POR one, but not POFQ. Thanks!

:wave2:Anyone know where I can find a POFQ ticker for my countdown?:thanks::worship:

Hello !

I'd just like to know if scheduled works/refurbishments will be in progress during october at the POFQ... Does someone know ?
In fact, we've booked a stay at the Coronado Springs but, due to works/main pool closure, we think to change !

Thanks

I'd just like to know if scheduled works/refurbishments will be in progress during october at the POFQ... Does someone know ?

Nothing particular (the room refits will be done by then) but there are usually some small jobs going on all year round.

Andre

we came back from a 9 night stay at POFQ and we had a refurbished room.
I found the room very nice but there were 2 things that I did not like about the refurb.
We were in building 1 first floor.
I understand the reason for replacing the carpeting with flooring, however it has no way to cushion any sounds, we heard toilets flushing and kids running and loud talking :(
the other thing is the rain shower head is very nice, the water pressure was not :(
If we stay here again I would definitely ask for the top floor so nobody is above us.

Nothing particular (the room refits will be done by then) but there are usually some small jobs going on all year round.

Andre
Okay ! :)
And what about the same question for the POR ?
If we decide to change from Coronado to Port Orleans, we want to make sure we won't be disappointed telling us we shouldn't have changed...

If we decide to change from Coronado to Port Orleans, we want to make sure we won't be disappointed telling us we shouldn't have changed...

These are just room refits, being done one building at a time, and no major construction work. Don't worry about it. It'd be about the same amount of disturbance to you as if your neighbours across the street decided to redecorate their bedroom. :)

POR will start room refurbs in July, and the whole process will last about a year or so.

Andre

Last edited:
Anyone know if they’ve started on bldg 4 yet? If they have can I still possibly get a room there? Traveling with my sister who has knee replacement scheduled when we return and trying to alleviate as much walking as possible.edited to add we arrive May 12th.

Anyone know if they’ve started on bldg 4 yet? If they have can I still possibly get a room there? Traveling with my sister who has knee replacement scheduled when we return and trying to alleviate as much walking as possible.edited to add we arrive May 12th.
According to PortOrleans.org they are working on building 4 now.

:wave2:Anyone know where I can find a POFQ ticker for my countdown?:thanks::worship:
I think there’s one on dis tickers. It doesn’t say POFQ but it has the boat and what looks like FQ behind it. I was using it till I added a second ticker amd it was too big for my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter