Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

It seems like they've recently dropped the gelato offerings and reverted to ordinary ice cream. Shame, I like gelato better (and it's healthier).

Andre
Really?!? I checked the menu online and it's still on there. That makes me sad, I loved the Nutella gelato!!

I'm actually kinda sad we only have two nights at POFQ. The resort looks so pretty and peaceful. I love the food court menu and theming of the resort. The pool area looks cool enough for DD and myself. We do midday breaks so I know we will use the pool area and food court so at least we will get a feel for the resort.

Really?!? I checked the menu online and it's still on there. That makes me sad, I loved the Nutella gelato!!

Well that's what the menu board in the food court said as of a few weeks ago (it used to say gelato in the summer, so it has been specifically edited):
upload_2017-12-20_16-13-22.png

However the product photo caption on the next screen still says gelato (possibly not updated?):
upload_2017-12-20_16-14-11.png

We'd need some to check to see what's actually in the freeze i guess.

Andre

New to the thread, so apologies if this question has been asked. Do the beignets live up to the hype? I recently read a Disneytouristblog review where Tom says they're good, but aren't really beignets. I'm sure they taste delicious no matter what or else they wouldn't be so popular, but are they like the authentic beignets you get in New Orleans?

Honestly no. I rarely seem to agree with the Disney bloggers but I gotta agree this time. I don't think they were anything like beignets I had in New Orleans.

No.

Agreed.

Not even close.

Count me in.

I LOVE NOLA Beignets and each visit I'm there a few times stuffing my face, as it the rest of our family.

The ones at POFQ are not beignets, they are good fried "donuts". No different than I can make at home by frying my dough and covering them with powdered sugar. The may look similar, they may both be sweet, but they are not the same end result at all.

A real one is so light and delicious, you literally could sit there and eat 6 or more. [know from repeated experiences] They pull off the light insides with a crispy but light outside.

The ones at Disney, I'd be lucky to finish two, they are drier and heavier. But if you don't know what a real one is you'll enjoy them.

Hi there, I just got my confirmation for a March stay, and they said there would be renovations. Anybody know anything about this? I mostly want to take the boat and we have a river view room, so I hope it will be something minor. Thanks!

Hi there, I just got my confirmation for a March stay, and they said there would be renovations. Anybody know anything about this? I mostly want to take the boat and we have a river view room, so I hope it will be something minor. Thanks!

FQ is undergoing a soft goods refurbishment. Carpet, bedding, etc. They try to minimize the impact on guests and work hours are reasonable. The map is in the link.
http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php

The boat to Disney Springs isn't affected. Here is the schedule, courtesy of Andre's site.

The planned dates for the upcoming Port Orleans French Quarter guest room soft-goods refurbishment project over the first half of 2018 are as follows. Please remember that this schedule may be subject to minor changes:

In order to minimise disruption the work will be undertaken on a floor-by-floor basis for each building, starting on the third floor and working down to the ground floor. There should be very little impact to guests staying in the other buildings, and no one will be allocated to a room on a floor that is currently under construction. However it is possible that guests may be allocated to rooms on other floors in the same building, depending on occupancy requirements at the time.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I am glad they are refurbishing the rooms...I love the resort, but the last time I was there everything seemed just a little a little worn out for Disney standards. Yay!

The furthest room from the bus stop is still a pretty short walk (comparable to pretty much all other resorts) at POFQ

I’ll second that. Just got back from a stay in building 1. Still only a couple minutes from the food court and another minute or so from the bus stop.

We just finished a two night stay here. This is my new favorite resort and I think our future Moderate home base. Everything is so compact and the theming is adorable! We were in 4145 and it was about a three minute walk to the pool/restaurant/registration. If we went around the other way it was about a three minute walk to the bus stop. It could use a soft renovation; one of our beds was SO comfy and the other was hard. It was weird... clearly different types of mattress. But we really enjoyed the theming of the room. Very nice overall!

Just got back from first stay here- absolutely loved it. None of the issues we had at Riverside. Noticed as we were leaving that unsupervised rowdy children were ramping up, and the airline check desk was a bit hectic, but other than that it was perfect. Definitely older, but much more peaceful than anywhere else we traveled on property with fantastic staff. Hope we can stay here again soon! It appears to be sold out a lot in spring and I couldn't get a bounce back date here. The freestyle machines were great. I loved having all the flavored water! We took advantage of no housekeeping and got $40 for five nights. Definitely more chill not dealing with irregular room cleaning and we saved on tips. They were very prompt when we requested an extra blanket. (Unfortunately no one knows how to properly cover a cough or sneeze on property and I am pretty ill now).

I am asking this here because we are staying at POFQ in 4 weeks and I am sure someone here will know the answer.

We have a package (hotel and tickets) booked, but no dining plan. We have plenty of reservations made.

We usually bill everything to our room. How do I pay our bill at the end using gift cards? Is this possible?

Or do I need to use gift cards while out for meals?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter