• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I just returned from 8 nights at this great resort on a mother/daughter trip with my teen daughter. Loved POFQ! Previously we had mostly stayed at deluxe resorts, and after staying here and 1 night at CSR on the tail end, I'm loving the moderates!

We were in room 6321, which was a garden view overlooking the courtyard between buildings 5 and 6. It was a quick walk to the pool, the bus stop, the food court, and took us about 5 minutes to walk to POR. It was incredibly quiet; I don't think I ever really heard anyone outside our room. It was quieter than most (if not all) of our deluxe stays, because between the stairs and the elevator in both directions, there is so little traffic. The curtain separating the sink area is so smart; I wish the deluxe rooms had something like that.

Bus service was excellent. We shared buses with POR going to AK once late afternoon, and once to HS late afternoon. The single bus stop is great. The buses were rarely full when it was just POFQ.

We really liked the Coke freestyle options in the food court. I liked that I could get Dasani sparkling lime water and just so many more options than the standard refill. We ate at the food court a few times and it was sufficient. I'm no expert on southern food, but thought the shrimp and grits were tasty. The option to walk to POR for more choices was great, but we liked the size of POFQ overall. The best of both worlds.

We did opt to turn down housekeeping because it was just the 2 of us. It was easy to get refills/replacements of whatever we needed. Honestly, we stayed at Beach Club near Christmas last year, and housekeeping was really inconsistent, so it was liberating to not think about it this time except when we needed something.

I did use the laundry room, which had tons of washers/dryers and was in a convenient location right next to the pool. I used laundryview to know when my loads were finished. Very handy.

Glad you both had a great time. We also learned this:) Our family has made the Mods our primary level with POFQ being our favorite of them. GF is still our #1 overall resort, but the $$$ difference makes it sooooo hard to find it worth it.

We are planning our end of Jan trip to POFQ. We have a river view booked. I really like the views from bldg 2, but I'm concerned about noise from the ferry. Do they use a horn like the ones at the Boardwalk?

We are planning our end of Jan trip to POFQ. We have a river view booked. I really like the views from bldg 2, but I'm concerned about noise from the ferry. Do they use a horn like the ones at the Boardwalk?
We have had river view in all but building 2. The boats sound the horn at various intervals approaching and leaving the dock. We didn't really notice the noise. They stop before midnight . FWIW the boats are not the same as those at the Boardwalk so the horn wouldn't be the same.

Has anyone faxed room requests to POFQ? Wondering if its worth it to send a fax or not...for those that did, did you use the fax number on the first post of this thread and were they granted?

Also....for those that order a grocery order..do you use Garden Grocer or someone else? I ve never ordered , not sure how to tell them to send it to a hotel

Has anyone faxed room requests to POFQ? Wondering if its worth it to send a fax or not...for those that did, did you use the fax number on the first post of this thread and were they granted?
We have had very good luck in getting most if not all our requests when we started faxing them in. I know there are posters that say WDW does not look at them but I can only tell you my experiences.

I just read a trip report where they stayed at POFQ. They claimed that the beds were terribly uncomfortable and that they would never stay at POFQ ever again for this reason. Is this a common complaint? We are currently booked at POR, but we were thinking about switching to POFQ to enjoy the smaller resort. Thanks for your thoughts and input.

I just read a trip report where they stayed at POFQ. They claimed that the beds were terribly uncomfortable and that they would never stay at POFQ ever again for this reason. Is this a common complaint? We are currently booked at POR, but we were thinking about switching to POFQ to enjoy the smaller resort. Thanks for your thoughts and input.
We have had great to ok beds at POFQ as we have had at other places we have stayed several times. Any hotel can have a bad beds in some rooms but others are are fine. Plus everyone has a different comfort levels and bed types.

We have stayed at POFQ a few times in King Rooms. Once the bed was horrible. I think it was a Riverview corner room in building 6.

This may be a silly question, but I've tried searching and cannot find anything on it. The food court menus have no information on plain old regular coffee. I see that there is a beverage station though, with what looks like coffee dispensers. Do you have to have the refillable mug for coffee? Can you just buy it and for how much? Thanks.

Edit: If you have to have the mug to get coffee in the food court, is it possible to request extra regular coffee in the room? I don't want it to seem like we're trying to get extra free stuff, but my husband is used to a large cup of coffee (so probably both cups' worth) and I want some too :)

Last edited:
This may be a silly question, but I've tried searching and cannot find anything on it. The food court menus have no information on plain old regular coffee. I see that there is a beverage station though, with what looks like coffee dispensers. Do you have to have the refillable mug for coffee? Can you just buy it and for how much? Thanks.

Edit: If you have to have the mug to get coffee in the food court, is it possible to request extra regular coffee in the room? I don't want it to seem like we're trying to get extra free stuff, but my husband is used to a large cup of coffee (so probably both cups' worth) and I want some too :)
You can buy it by the cup, or use a refillable mug. I don't know the cost though (I only had tea that I brought myself). In the room there is lots of coffee. I didn't pay too much attention, though. Maybe 3 packs. And I think they'd be refilled by housekeeping, but I'm not sure about that. Again, I just used the room machine to make my tea.

I was not a fan of the GF bed during our stay, I found it to soft, but that sure would not stop me from going back there. We have had stays where the 2 beds in the room felt totally different 1 bed felt firm and the other felt soft. Plus, they might have thought the bed was to firm, where I would have loved it because of that reason.

Just read a question on another resort thread about swapping the drink out for a snack/dessert when eating QDP in your resort.
Do POFQ allow this please?

Just read a question on another resort thread about swapping the drink out for a snack/dessert when eating QDP in your resort.
Do POFQ allow this please?
My experience has been that they politely say, "no" and guide you over to the cold beverage fridge and tell you to pick out a drink so you don't lose the credit when refilling your mug. But it's worth an ask! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter