Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Does it seem that the penny pinching is growing by leaps and bounds lately? Not just at POFQ but RESORT wide.

I wonder why. New bean counter? Trying to pay for all the new construction? Or???

I think I need to stop reading the boards and just bury my head in the sand.

This is a whole new level of cheap. For the price you pay I think they can give you individual bottles. Even cheap hotel lines don't do this. I am baffled.

There have been threads on the boards about people trying to book certain lengths of stays at certain resorts but being unable to, but when they take off a day or add a day (or just fiddle with the length of stay) there is availability for all the nights they want. Maybe that's why nothing showed up for you? I know when I check out our dates on the website there is no availability, but if I remove a day - viola - availability. We stayed at riverside our last trip and enjoyed it. Trying French for something new.

Thank you so much for responding. I thought about that- that maybe it was the length of our stay or something, etc., but since this is our first time, I am clueless. I looked a few days prior and the site was only showing me King Bed room availability, so I wasn't sure if they had legitimately sold out or what!

Does it seem that the penny pinching is growing by leaps and bounds lately? Not just at POFQ but RESORT wide.

I wonder why. New bean counter? Trying to pay for all the new construction? Or???

I think I need to stop reading the boards and just bury my head in the sand.

I empathize with you.
At least the food portions are still good, the drinks are strong and AFOP is pretty a darn magical ride.
As long as the rest of POFQ and the other resorts don't get "cheapened". I can't fathom paying 500 a night for a room in a deluxe and pumping shampoo of the wall like the ymca.

Re: the soaps. I just hope they change the bottle each time a new guest arrives to stay in that room. Means they have a fresh bottle for their entire stay but wouldn't really want a half empty bottle on arrival - bleugh!

That actually looks nice. Heck, they technically don't have to give us soap or shampoo do they?

It reminds me of a cruise ship. It's actually much nicer than what I have seen on cruise ships.
That's because it has not been used yet. Wait and see how nasty the holder and the squirt parts are going to get if they do not replace them frequently or clean them real good. I sure hope they replace the bottles after each guest and not just top the existing bottles off. What are they doing by the sink?

That's because it has not been used yet. Wait and see how nasty the holder and the squirt parts are going to get if they do not replace them frequently or clean them real good. I sure hope they replace the bottles after each guest and not just top the existing bottles off. What are they doing by the sink?
I can't see them replacing the bottles each time. I bet they refill and/or replace only when empty.

Re: the soaps. I just hope they change the bottle each time a new guest arrives to stay in that room. Means they have a fresh bottle for their entire stay but wouldn't really want a half empty bottle on arrival - bleugh!

I worked at a resort that put in the dispensers. After three years of breakage and the fact they get ugly when not cleaned properly, they took them out and toiletries were not even provided anymore. Hope it doesn't happen like this at WDW, but I am not optimistic.

I just returned from 8 nights at this great resort on a mother/daughter trip with my teen daughter. Loved POFQ! Previously we had mostly stayed at deluxe resorts, and after staying here and 1 night at CSR on the tail end, I'm loving the moderates!

We were in room 6321, which was a garden view overlooking the courtyard between buildings 5 and 6. It was a quick walk to the pool, the bus stop, the food court, and took us about 5 minutes to walk to POR. It was incredibly quiet; I don't think I ever really heard anyone outside our room. It was quieter than most (if not all) of our deluxe stays, because between the stairs and the elevator in both directions, there is so little traffic. The curtain separating the sink area is so smart; I wish the deluxe rooms had something like that.

Bus service was excellent. We shared buses with POR going to AK once late afternoon, and once to HS late afternoon. The single bus stop is great. The buses were rarely full when it was just POFQ.

We really liked the Coke freestyle options in the food court. I liked that I could get Dasani sparkling lime water and just so many more options than the standard refill. We ate at the food court a few times and it was sufficient. I'm no expert on southern food, but thought the shrimp and grits were tasty. The option to walk to POR for more choices was great, but we liked the size of POFQ overall. The best of both worlds.

We did opt to turn down housekeeping because it was just the 2 of us. It was easy to get refills/replacements of whatever we needed. Honestly, we stayed at Beach Club near Christmas last year, and housekeeping was really inconsistent, so it was liberating to not think about it this time except when we needed something.

I did use the laundry room, which had tons of washers/dryers and was in a convenient location right next to the pool. I used laundryview to know when my loads were finished. Very handy.

Anyone know of the boat times to/from Springs? We arrive around 6pm on our first day and are looking for a TS meal...

Anyone know of the boat times to/from Springs? We arrive around 6pm on our first day and are looking for a TS meal...
The boat runs about every 20 minutes and ends around 11:00pm. From starting time, 10:00am I think, until near 5:00pm the boat is shared with POR. After that each resort has its own boats the rest of the day until it stops. Other than the start and ending times there is no schedule posted. The bus runs a bit longer but we only use it if weather stops the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter