• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We have a HIGH success rate with Room Requests(around 80 %)since we went to Snail Mail-probably because we are the ONLY ones!!!!lol!!!!

In all my many Disney resort stays I am fortunate to count only on one hand the times I didn't get my room requests but was always able to have them changed. And since Pop Century is my favorite and most stayed at Disney resort and this is the Pop thread thanks to @scrappinginontarios great room location information I know when I check ✔️ in at the front desk whether I need to ask about a room change or not. I might also add I am in the minority here because in all of my many many Disney resort stays I have never used online check in and always call 📞 in my room requests. When I arrive I wait patiently in line and check in at the front desk. I am sure it makes no difference just my preference. LOL

And I also might add that a non connecting room is always my 1st request and thanks to @ @scrappinginontarios great room info I always know if I need to ask for a room change.

Just a reminder that room requests submitted in any way are only requests, not guarantees. It is best to submit via the method you wish but with the understanding you may need to go to the front desk and request a change.

I have submitted via:
- phoning Disney
- MDE request
- Touring Plans FAX

My experience is, very rarely are my room requests honoured regardless of how I submitted them. I don't find one method to have a higher success rate than others and we've stayed at Pop 30+ times.

Once we receive our assignment I consider the location of the room and from there decide if I will keep it or, go to the front desk and request a change. I would guess it's 50/50 accept vs. request a move.

I have found after visiting the front desk that have been able to honour our request 100% of the times. Often that day and occasionally the following day.

I'm honestly not sure why they have the room requests as part of check-in as I'm not convinced they use them when assigning rooms.

Possibly I've just had bad luck but wonder if our experience is more common than I think?
Thanks for the information. This is an interesting strategy. If I make my room request in advance, then do the early check-in from the app, I might get the assignment early and be able to think it over and research it a bit. If I decide it isn't ideal can they usually change it at front desk when we arrive? Or is it better just to visit front desk and decide from their once the give you your room allocation?

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. This is an interesting strategy. If I make my room request in advance, then do the early check-in from the app, I might get the assignment early and be able to think it over and research it a bit. If I decide it isn't ideal can they usually change it at front desk when we arrive? Or is it better just to visit front desk and decide from their once the give you your room allocation?
There really isn’t any ‘advance assignment.’ You will receive your room assignment once your room is ready to be occupied and this is normally close to the time you indicate you will arrive. The earliest arrival time available to select is now 3PM.

If it’s not in a location you want you can go to the front desk and request a new room assignment. They will do their best to accommodate. On the rare occasion, if your desired location/room is not available they may ask if you are willing to change rooms the following day. This happened to us the last time we were there.

The range is pretty big because there are many factors. You asked about the busy time. First thing in the morning 90 is more typical - the line at Caribbean Beach alone can be 30 minutes. And time of year also makes a difference. You didn't mention if you are going during a peak period or a slower period so I offered a broader range.

The Skyliner can take less than 50 minutes to get to Hollywood Studios during the morning rush. With minimal line at Caribbean Beach the entire trip and be 20/30 minutes in the morning.

Most people line up to make rope drop because the ropedroppers want to be on the Skyliner the moment it starts running. So if the park opens at, say, 9AM the line at POP should be shorter by 8:30/8:45. You could be in the park by 9:15/9:30.

I'm sure crowd levels definitely affect the amount of time the Skyliner takes but I agree that it can be much closer to 20-30 minutes in the morning. Our experience with EE rope drop for DHS in late June last year was way less than 50 minutes. Crowds were pretty big but not holiday week big. We got in line at 6:55 a.m. (for an 8:00 EE opening time) and Skyliner had been running for 10 minutes already according to our son who was just about ready to board when we were walking to the end of the line. The line was back to Bldg. 3 in the 50's station. Based on the time stamps on my pictures, we were in flight on the Skyliner by 7:08, through security, and in line to enter at DHS at 7:22 (with about 50 people in front of us in our line). We were let in to the park about 7:35. We didn't rope drop EP that trip so I have no personal data to share on that one but our son did rope drop EE at EP one day and it took him about 30 minutes total from the time he got in line at the Skyliner until he was in line to enter EP.

I have a few questions regarding this resort.
Is the bed closest to the door the "murphy bed" in all rooms that have 2 queen beds? If so, is the "murphy bed" automatically pulled down in the bed position when you check into the room? Because if I remember correctly a few years back when I stayed here, if there was a "murphy bed" in the room I stayed in "50s section, Bldg 3", the "murphy bed" was pulled down when I checked into the room.
When the "murphy bed" is pulled down, where are the chairs that go with the table get placed? I am assuming whereever the guest staying in the room chooses to place the chairs, since the table would be folded down while the "murphy bed" is pulled down? When the "murphy bed" was pulled down when I stayed here, the chairs that went to the table was placed near the "connecting room" door, since we never used the "connecting room" at all what-so-ever.
So funny story. We checked in yesterday and went to the room. Upon entering, I saw only 1 bed (and it looked big, like a king in my mind). I turned to my family and was like "oh no, we need to get a new room; this one only has 1 bed." I had my family wait there while I walked back to the lobby (though I could have just called the front desk, but my brain was fried from travel and drudgery think of it). I spoke to a very nice CM, and she quickly checked her computer. She verified that we were in a room with 2 beds and not a king. Then she said "oh, did you remember about the pull down bed?" *facepalm* DUH! Lol 🤣. And I've stayed here several times since the murphy bed has been here.

Anyway, I thought the bed would already be pulled down since they saw we had more than 2 guests on that room. When I only saw the one bed, I didn't look to closely at its size. The table and chairs were there in is place, effectively looking like a king sized bed room.

We leave the murphy bed pulled down for our whole trip. We move the 2 chairs between the dresser and food counter and use it as a suitcase stand. We also set up the ironing board in the space between the dresser and bathroom wall to give us added surface area.

So funny story. We checked in yesterday and went to the room. Upon entering, I saw only 1 bed (and it looked big, like a king in my mind). I turned to my family and was like "oh no, we need to get a new room; this one only has 1 bed." I had my family wait there while I walked back to the lobby (though I could have just called the front desk, but my brain was fried from travel and drudgery think of it). I spoke to a very nice CM, and she quickly checked her computer. She verified that we were in a room with 2 beds and not a king. Then she said "oh, did you remember about the pull down bed?" *facepalm* DUH! Lol 🤣. And I've stayed here several times since the murphy bed has been here.

Anyway, I thought the bed would already be pulled down since they saw we had more than 2 guests on that room. When I only saw the one bed, I didn't look to closely at its size. The table and chairs were there in is place, effectively looking like a king sized bed room.

We leave the murphy bed pulled down for our whole trip. We move the 2 chairs between the dresser and food counter and use it as a suitcase stand. We also set up the ironing board in the space between the dresser and bathroom wall to give us added surface area.
FUNNY!!!!

That sounds like me about 3 days into a sleep deprived trip when I try to work the Elevator with my MagicBand!!!!lol!!!!

Here now weather has been beautiful although of course once sun goes down it’s a bit nippy. Lines for Skyliner have been super long in morning but once skyliner opens line moves quickly. Skyliner was down on Wed. Around 5:30ish for awhile but than opened again. Seems to be large group of teens here. Wed morning we couldn’t even get out door to get to MK bus stop due to horde of kids blocking the area. Have seen quite a few people in the pools but pool area hasn’t been crowded. pop Century has been at 100% occupancy all week but we haven’t had a problem getting in and out of the food court area.

Here now weather has been beautiful although of course once sun goes down it’s a bit nippy. Lines for Skyliner have been super long in morning but once skyliner opens line moves quickly. Skyliner was down on Wed. Around 5:30ish for awhile but than opened again. Seems to be large group of teens here. Wed morning we couldn’t even get out door to get to MK bus stop due to horde of kids blocking the area. Have seen quite a few people in the pools but pool area hasn’t been crowded. pop Century has been at 100% occupancy all week but we haven’t had a problem getting in and out of the food court area.
Thx for the report. If you have a chance could you check on the milk situation...are you able to buy something larger than an individual size?

TIA!

Thx for the report. If you have a chance could you check on the milk situation...are you able to buy something larger than an individual size?

TIA!
I read somewhere that the room fridges don't cool lower than 40 degrees. Is this true? I believe milk needs to be stored at temperatures cooler than this...

I read somewhere that the room fridges don't cool lower than 40 degrees. Is this true? I believe milk needs to be stored at temperatures cooler than this...
One person has said this on this thread but there is no evidence that I have seen to support this. There are MANY people who have stored milk and other dairy products in the fridges at Pop and not one incidence shared of it spoiling. I would take what you heard with a grain of salt until someone can provide factual evidence that the fridges do not cool lower than 40 degrees. My experience is that what I've stored in various fridges is that it is very cold and I have had no concerns of it not being cold enough.

One person has said this on this thread but there is no evidence that I have seen to support this. There are MANY people who have stored milk and other dairy products in the fridges at Pop and not one incidence shared of it spoiling. I would take what you heard with a grain of salt until someone can provide factual evidence that the fridges do not cool lower than 40 degrees. My experience is that what I've stored in various fridges is that it is very cold and I have had no concerns of it not being cold enough.
They are beverage coolers only and have warning stickers on them that say so. I have stayed at Pop a lot and I keep a fridge thermometer in my Owner's Locker to check their fridge temps. I certainly have had coolers on the warmer side that wouldn't have kept things like dairy or meat safe, and I know a few people who have had their food spoil. But the max temps really can vary wildly from one room to the next. Plenty do get colder than 40 degrees (and even can freeze drinks solid) and work just fine as fridges. You just really have no way of knowing about your cooler's temps in particular until you check in.

Attachments

• 1000010623.jpg
    1000010623.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 15
They are beverage coolers only and have warning stickers on them that say so. I have stayed at Pop a lot and I keep a fridge thermometer in my Owner's Locker to check their fridge temps. I certainly have had coolers on the warmer side that wouldn't have kept things like dairy or meat safe, and I know a few people who have had their food spoil. But the max temps really can vary wildly from one room to the next. Plenty do get colder than 40 degrees (and even can freeze drinks solid) and work just fine as fridges. You just really have no way of knowing about your cooler's temps in particular until you check in.
I would agree with this. My family had two connecting rooms and my daughter had milk for grandson in her room fridge but she didn't feel like it was cool enough. She brought it next door to our room and stored it in ours because ours was cooler.

IDK, but we've always stored milk in them and go multiple times a yr and have never had an issue. I do appreciate you letting me know but for us it'd not a concern.

Thank you. This is the information we were looking for. Appreciate you sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter