Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

What is SATG?

Where are you reading SATG? That’s new to me.
I didn't go back far enough to see the context, but if my memory is correct SATG stands for South American Tour Groups. Large groups of teens that have flocked to the Values in the past. They would bother some folks on here because they would get loud with chanting etc in the parks and resort.

Can confirm CBR still has half gallons. Took the skyliner there for dinner and figured I would check. Also, pretty sure I’ve seen on the fridges they don’t go below 40. Bacteria can start growing.

I have a few questions regarding this resort.
Is the bed closest to the door the "murphy bed" in all rooms that have 2 queen beds? If so, is the "murphy bed" automatically pulled down in the bed position when you check into the room? Because if I remember correctly a few years back when I stayed here, if there was a "murphy bed" in the room I stayed in "50s section, Bldg 3", the "murphy bed" was pulled down when I checked into the room.
When the "murphy bed" is pulled down, where are the chairs that go with the table get placed? I am assuming whereever the guest staying in the room chooses to place the chairs, since the table would be folded down while the "murphy bed" is pulled down? When the "murphy bed" was pulled down when I stayed here, the chairs that went to the table was placed near the "connecting room" door, since we never used the "connecting room" at all what-so-ever.
That said: when I stayed here last, I slept in the bed closest to the entrance door, not the bathroom. I enjoyed having my carry bag next to the bed that was closest to the entrance door, and using the wall outlet next to the bed that was closest to the entrance door to charge my phone, etc.
Anyways, a very brief overview from when I stayed here last, which was a few years ago:
The resort was great. Outdoor atmosphere was decent, weather was good "October", not too hot, but plenty warm for Florida.
I enjoyed the food court here, and the folks at the front desk were wonderful to deal with. Food was nice, correctly cooked and fresh at the food court as well. Food court was cleaned to a acceptable degree given the crowd of guests that come and go from the food court.
The Pool in the 50s section was decent for swimming. Managed to get some extra towels as well, not sure if I got the towels from either front desk or from my room.
Noise was quiet, especially given that it was in Disney's Value Resorts, which can get rowdy crowds during periods. Noise in room was quiet as well, (back of bldg 3, 50s section), only noise I could hear was water running from a neighboring room, but it wasn't anything that the majority of folks would pay attention to.
TV worked okay in the room, was able to get at least the local stations to come in (say Channels 2, 6, and so on, didn't watch much TV since I primarily used it to get weather/news)
Wifi worked okay as well, also didn't use it that much since I only used it pretty much to check weather.
Bus service was decent heading to/from parks, although did have to stand a few times, which was to be expected during crowded periods.
Overall, a decent resort for the most part.

Last edited:
I have a few questions regarding this resort.
Is the bed closest to the door the "murphy bed" in all rooms that have 2 queen beds? If so, is the "murphy bed" automatically pulled down in the bed position when you check into the room? Because if I remember correctly a few years back when I stayed here, if there was a "murphy bed" in the room I stayed in "50s section, Bldg 3", the "murphy bed" was pulled down when I checked into the room.
When the "murphy bed" is pulled down, where are the chairs that go with the table get placed? I am assuming whereever the guest staying in the room chooses to place the chairs, since the table would be folded down while the "murphy bed" is pulled down? When the "murphy bed" was pulled down when I stayed here, the chairs that went to the table was placed near the "connecting room" door, since we never used the "connecting room" at all what-so-ever.
That said: when I stayed here last, I slept in the bed closest to the entrance door, not the bathroom. I enjoyed having my carry bag next to the bed that was closest to the entrance door, and using the wall outlet next to the bed that was closest to the entrance door to charge my phone, etc.
Anyways, a very brief overview from when I stayed here last, which was a few years ago:
The resort was great. Outdoor atmosphere was decent, weather was good "October", not too hot, but plenty warm for Florida.
I enjoyed the food court here, and the folks at the front desk were wonderful to deal with. Food was nice, correctly cooked and fresh at the food court as well. Food court was cleaned to a acceptable degree given the crowd of guests that come and go from the food court.
The Pool in the 50s section was decent for swimming. Managed to get some extra towels as well, not sure if I got the towels from either front desk or from my room.
Noise was quiet, especially given that it was in Disney's Value Resorts, which can get rowdy crowds during periods. Noise in room was quiet as well, (back of bldg 3, 50s section), only noise I could hear was water running from a neighboring room, but it wasn't anything that the majority of folks would pay attention to.
TV worked okay in the room, was able to get at least the local stations to come in (say Channels 2, 6, and so on, didn't watch much TV since I primarily used it to get weather/news)
Wifi worked okay as well, also didn't use it that much since I only used it pretty much to check weather.
Bus service was decent heading to/from parks, although did have to stand a few times, which was to be expected during crowded periods.
Overall, a decent resort for the most part.
One small correction. When a guest checks in, the Pull-down bed near the door not down. It is up with the table and chairs available. Housekeeping will keep it in the manner they find it (up or down) when they clean the room.

There are a few places available for guests to place the chairs when the bed is down.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

When I checked into room, the Murphy Bed was already pulled down, and the chairs that go with the table were nearby the connecting room door, since we did not use connecting room at all during trip. Murphy Bed was left down entire stay in my situation, with a couple pillows placed there for a person to sleep.
Mostly when Housekeeping showed up, I was in parks.
I was mentioning this after reading some earlier posts and seeing how my experience was compared to a few others.
Still had a good experience here during the trip.

When I checked into room, the Murphy Bed was already pulled down, and the chairs that go with the table were nearby the connecting room door, since we did not use connecting room at all during trip. Murphy Bed was left down entire stay in my situation, with a couple pillows placed there for a person to sleep.
I was mentioning this after reading some earlier posts and seeing how my experience was compared to a few others.
Your experience I will say does not represent how the room is normally set up. I'm not saying it did not happen to you but saying what you experienced is not representative of how the room is set up when a new guest arrives. We have stayed at Pop 5+ times since the refurbishment and always had the bed up upon arrival.

Has anyone else checked in for the very first day of their stay and found the pull-down bed to be down when you first arrived?

Your experience I will say does not represent how the room is normally set up. I'm not saying it did not happen to you but saying what you experienced is not representative of how the room is set up when a new guest arrives. We have stayed at Pop 5+ times since the refurbishment and always had the bed up upon arrival.

Has anyone else checked in for the very first day of their stay and found the pull-down bed to be down when you first arrived?
My experience matches yours. 10+ stays at Pop since the refurb and have never had the bed down on arrival.

Hmmmm....we've always had the bed in the upright position when we arrive as well. I'm wondering if her room was cleaned but not prepped for a new guest?

We stay at POP regularly and, so far, the murphy has always been in the up position on check-in day. It really would not matter to us, whether it's up or down when we arrive. During our stays, our DDs will sometimes leave the bed down and sometimes push it back up. LOL We love the skyliner transportation option, it really is a great option, even during the rainy times. We just put the chairs wherever there is space.

I believe this was a one off. Never has the Murphy Bed been down when we’ve checked in and we’ve stayed at POP a lot, before and after refurb.

You could’ve pushed it up if not using it. If it’s down housekeeping won’t put it up if they are in cleaning.

Hey everyone, heading to POP in a couple of months. Looking for advise on which area to request and room location. We booked a standard pool view room, We most definitely don't want an adjoining room, we are always unlucky and get loud people beside us. Want somewhere that is quiet in the evening after 10pm, we never stay in the hotel during the day so daytime noise doesn't bother us. We are big coffee drinkers in the morning so I'll be heading down to the main building to grab a couple of cups of java before heading to the parks. Main mode of transportation is skyliner and a couple of days on the buses. Also are the walls thin at POP? We stayed at riverside and could here everything beside and above us.
Any building/room suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks

Hey everyone, heading to POP in a couple of months. Looking for advise on which area to request and room location. We booked a standard pool view room, We most definitely don't want an adjoining room, we are always unlucky and get loud people beside us. Want somewhere that is quiet in the evening after 10pm, we never stay in the hotel during the day so daytime noise doesn't bother us. We are big coffee drinkers in the morning so I'll be heading down to the main building to grab a couple of cups of java before heading to the parks. Main mode of transportation is skyliner and a couple of days on the buses. Also are the walls thin at POP? We stayed at riverside and could here everything beside and above us.

Standard pool is going to be either 50's or 80's/90's. I'd recommend 50's building 1 or building 3. Building 1 is a little closer to the food court and building 3 is a little closer to the Skyliner.

My room requests for a standard pool view room would be a non connecting 4th floor room in the 50s. For me a non connecting highest floor room is important.

Apologize if this has been asked already in the 130+ pages, but one question about the Skyliner.

Thank you @scrappinginontario for your info in the first couple of posts, and the typical timing of getting from POP to EP and HS via Skyliner. As a rule of thumb, if you are trying to get to the parks at a busy time, like the early morning rush, what's a typical duration to get to EP or HS via the Skyliner? 30 minutes, 40? 50?

I'm not asking for an answer like "Get there 90 minutes prior to insure that you get to park open", I'm more so looking for what folks have experienced in general. Thanks!

Definitely 1950s!

We enjoy the theming and music there much better than the Computer Pool area.

You will want to request a non-CONNECTING Room.

Also just in case you aren't aware you will not be able to get Coffee until 7 AM when Everything POP Shopping and Dining opens,but you can always make it in your room until then.

Have fun-it is a super groovy Resort!!!!

1706290776926.png

Apologize if this has been asked already in the 130+ pages, but one question about the Skyliner.

Thank you @scrappinginontario for your info in the first couple of posts, and the typical timing of getting from POP to EP and HS via Skyliner. As a rule of thumb, if you are trying to get to the parks at a busy time, like the early morning rush, what's a typical duration to get to EP or HS via the Skyliner? 30 minutes, 40? 50?
The trip from POP to Caribbean Beach is about 5 minutes.
Then to EPCOT is 12 minutes.
To HS is 5 minutes.

The typical duration to get to EP or HS via the Skyliner depends on the line. And there is can be a line for the EP Skyliner at the change-over point. Typically at the early morning rush the line at Hourglass Lake is between 40 and 90 minutes. Once the Skyliner opens the line moves quickly.

During a busy time like the early morning rush you should plan on 40 to 90 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter