Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I'll be on my own. I looked at Google maps and it does look longer that I was originally thinking. I guess I was trying to avoid having to queue up twice for the Skyliner.
It can change often but I will say when we were at Disney in Aug, we travelled through the hub often and normally the queue at CBR for the accessible cars appeared to be little/none except at park close. Unfortunately around park close the line was often very long to the point that I felt bad for those in that line. Quite often it was 8+ ECVs long meaning a substantial wait for those groups. Around park close would be the time I would be prepared for a longer wait at CBR.

Does anyone remember what is service there was from Pop to Blizzard Beach?
Would we have to transfer at Animal Kingdom?

We have a 9:30 reservation at B&C we are just having ice cream. How late does the skyliner run to get back to Pop?

Just booked POP for 3 nights mid-Dec...kinda concerned about the noise. I would like to at least put in a request for a room in a quieter area (with full knowledge that we may not get our first choice), but hearing several different locations mentioned...what would YOU recommend? thanks!

Just booked POP for 3 nights mid-Dec...kinda concerned about the noise. I would like to at least put in a request for a room in a quieter area (with full knowledge that we may not get our first choice), but hearing several different locations mentioned...what would YOU recommend? thanks!
I would recommend requesting Building 2, 7 or 8 but all of those are furthest from the Skyliner and Classic Hall.

I would definitely recommend avoiding Preferred Pool View rooms and Standard Pool View rooms as those have potential to be louder.

If you have not stayed at Pop before I think you will find that the majority of the rooms are quiet. I've honestly only had one bad experience in a room and it was an excited family arriving in the middle of the night. We have stayed at Pop more than 30 times and a few hundred nights.

I have stayed at Pop many times. I wouldn’t request a particular building or location. You can have noise in any hotel, anywhere, depending on your neighbors. I would request a top floor, NON-connecting room. The only times I have had real noise issues at Pop were the times I was in a connecting room. Occasionally we could hear muted sounds like chairs moving in rooms above us when we were not on the top floor, but they were bearable. If you have to choose between those two requests, having the non-connecting room would be more important in my opinion.

We have a 9:30 reservation at B&C we are just having ice cream. How late does the skyliner run to get back to Pop?
It's going to depend on how late the parks are open. There is a sign each day (although in our experience it has not always been correct) that gives the times for the day. I think a 930 reservation may be pushing it though. If you're just getting ice cream anyways I'd probably just get something at the window either earlier (they have some tables you can sit at) or get it to go.

Just left, anyone have luck streaming from iPhone to the new Pop TVs? Followed the directions, entered code etc and it would never connect. Tried everything and I’m good with tech. Phone couldn’t find the device(tv). Is this feature actually turned on?

Just left, anyone have luck streaming from iPhone to the new Pop TVs? Followed the directions, entered code etc and it would never connect. Tried everything and I’m good with tech. Phone couldn’t find the device(tv). Is this feature actually turned on?
We had the same issue at Riviera, and my BIL is an IT guy. He spent about an hour trying before we talked him into just watching regular tv. He got close though. He got the two to connect so the logo for the streaming service would appear on the screen, but that’s as far as it would go.

Is our best bet to receive connecting rooms by calling/sending a fax a few days before arrival? I know they aren’t guaranteed but I’d like to boost our chances. We already mentioned connecting rooms and the confirmations numbers when we booked, but wasn’t sure there was anything else we could do to increase the odds of getting one

We had the same issue at Riviera, and my BIL is an IT guy. He spent about an hour trying before we talked him into just watching regular tv. He got close though. He got the two to connect so the logo for the streaming service would appear on the screen, but that’s as far as it would go.

I've also had this issue! At this point, I just take my Firestick and don't bother trying to fiddle with trying to cast anything.

Oddly enough, I have no problem with my Firestick at the TVs at Pop, but when I tried to use it at the Riviera or Grand Floridian, I wasn't able to. I can't recall if it was because the TVs didn't stretch far enough from the wall to get the HDMI plugged in, or something else. But either way, a win for the rooms at Pop Century!

I would recommend requesting Building 2, 7 or 8 but all of those are furthest from the Skyliner and Classic Hall.

I would definitely recommend avoiding Preferred Pool View rooms and Standard Pool View rooms as those have potential to be louder.

If you have not stayed at Pop before I think you will find that the majority of the rooms are quiet. I've honestly only had one bad experience in a room and it was an excited family arriving in the middle of the night. We have stayed at Pop more than 30 times and a few hundred nights.
Agree. If you have noisy neighbors it really does not matter which resort you're at. Our worst experience was at AKL, after 2 nights we were going to switch rooms but luckily they checked out:)

Booked for next May and worried with the Skyliner. We are a family of 4 with a 10 and 3 year old. Is it hard to make it to rope drop at Epcot or DHS? And how’s the nightly commute back at park close.

Booked for next May and worried with the Skyliner. We are a family of 4 with a 10 and 3 year old. Is it hard to make it to rope drop at Epcot or DHS? And how’s the nightly commute back at park close.
Zero trouble making it to rope drop if you arrive at the Skyliner with enough time to allow for the line and transporting you to the park. If you want to be towards the front of the crowds it's recommended you arrive 90 mins before ETPE begins. The later than that you arrive at the Skyliner, the greater the line and transportation time will be.

As it is with all parks, park close can be busy but the line moves at a steady pace. We would choose the Skyliner over the bus 100% of the time.

How is the internet connectivity at PoP? My friend that I am traveling with next year will have to do some homework while we are gone (she is in online college classes atm). I just want to be sure that shouldn't be a problem.

Zero trouble making it to rope drop if you arrive at the Skyliner with enough time to allow for the line and transporting you to the park. If you want to be towards the front of the crowds it's recommended you arrive 90 mins before ETPE begins. The later than that you arrive at the Skyliner, the greater the line and transportation time will be.

As it is with all parks, park close can be busy but the line moves at a steady pace. We would choose the Skyliner over the bus 100% of the time.

Agreed! I honestly feel like the Skyliner has given us the best opportunity at rope dropping DHS and Epcot; only second to those who can walk to those parks. I think it has the edge over the busses.

Totally agree. Do not let the line size fool you, the Skyliner line moves very fast. We were leaving Epcot after close and the line was way back on the walkway to BC, so DW and I decided to sit on the wall and let our DDs stand in line, figuring we would have a good 20-25 minute rest before joining them in line. Well! Less than 10 minutes they were already upon us. LOL

This is always our MO.

Watch the Ecpot Fireworks from the Bridge between UK and France.

Upon the sound of the last Fireworks,IMMEDIATELY walk with purpose off the Bridge,out the International Gateway and to the IG Skyway Station.

Doing this always gives us a walk on experience. :)

How is the internet connectivity at PoP? My friend that I am traveling with next year will have to do some homework while we are gone (she is in online college classes atm). I just want to be sure that shouldn't be a problem.
I didn't have any problems using it to get G+ or check emails but didn't use it for school or work processes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter