• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

A fun way would be to take Disney Skyliner from Pop Century to Hollywood Studios and then take a Bus from Hollywood Studios to Contemporary Resort.

We love the Skyliner and always look for ways to use it and also starting the Monorail Crawl at CR will eliminate having to go through Security at Magic Kingdom. :)
And bonus no security.

4 beds at Pop vs 3 at All Stars. Sorry, not familiar with All ⭐️ - is the 3rd bed a bed or pullout? I would always choose a bed vs pullout.

And, Skyliner is a game changer!! We’ve stayed at both resorts but other than for a 1 night, non-park stay, we’d always choose Pop!!!

I've not stayed at the All-Stars, so I can't comment on the All-Stars vs. POP. However, I recently stayed at POP Century and can agree that the Skyliner is a game changer. Riding that to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios was real nice.

Family of 6 here (2 adults, 4 kids ages 3-11). Looking at Pop vs All Star Music family suites. Pop is about $300 more for a week-long stay. Other than the skyliner at Pop and the full fridge + micro at All Star, what main differences are there? Why would you choose one over the other?
The guaranteed connecting rooms always makes me nervous.
All Star resorts will sometimes share a bus. Pop's bus service is really good and never shares with another resort. Plus the skyliner!

I would definitely go with 2 rooms at Pop as opposed to (the other resort that shall not be named🙄). We’ve done it a few times and having 4 queen size beds, 2 full baths plus 2 refrigerators is sooo nice. The Skyliner makes it so easy to visit other resorts along it as well as the Boardwalk area, oops sorry, mentioned a different resort. Plus going to Hollywood Studios or Epcot at night for a couple hours is so easy.

Last edited:
Family of 6 here (2 adults, 4 kids ages 3-11). Looking at Pop vs All Star Music family suites. Pop is about $300 more for a week-long stay. Other than the skyliner at Pop and the full fridge + micro at All Star, what main differences are there? Why would you choose one over the other?
The guaranteed connecting rooms always makes me nervous.
I already answered on your POP vs ASMU thread but since you asked here specifically about POP.

POP is my favorite value with 40+ stays. I think the resort feels much more upscale than the AllStars with it's nice landscaping, lake views, pathways to wander especially over to AoA. The SkyLiner has taken it to a new level (if operating) and gives you fast access to multiple deluxe and a moderate dining options in addition to two parks. They never share bus service and their quiet pools are large. The footprint is such that Standard isn't necessary. The only thing they miss are the suites. I think the only down side is your connected rooms are not guaranteed.

4 beds at Pop vs 3 at All Stars. Sorry, not familiar with All ⭐️ - is the 3rd bed a bed or pullout? I would always choose a bed vs pullout.

And, Skyliner is a game changer!! We’ve stayed at both resorts but other than for a 1 night, non-park stay, we’d always choose Pop!!!
The AllStar Music suites have two queen murphy beds in the living room like POP. When folded one is a table/chair and one is a sofa. This is a huge plus if spending any time in room. The bedroom has a real bed, queen. One bath is off living room and one is private to bedroom. Kitchen sits between the bathrooms.

I would definitely go with 2 rooms at Pop as opposed to (the other resort that shall not be named🙄). We’ve done it a few times and having 4 queen size beds, 2 full baths plus 2 refrigerators is sooo nice. The Skyliner makes it so easy to visit other resorts along it as well as the Boardwalk area, oops sorry, mentioned a different resort. Plus going to Hollywood Studios or Epcot at night for a couple hours is so easy.
This is the POP CENTURY RESORT INFORMATION thread. Questions/answers relate to POP. The thread became a comparison thread (which the person asking the question has already asked on another thread ⬇️) so a moderator only asked nicely we keep the conversation POP specific. :confused3 Resort specific threads are best when staying on topic.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wwyd-family-of-6-pop-vs-all-star-music.3931981/#post-65095294

Last edited:
In an attempt to get this back on track...

When do holiday decorations appear in the lobby at Pop? Aside from guests decorating their own rooms, are there any decorations done around the resort grounds?

In an attempt to get this back on track...

When do holiday decorations appear in the lobby at Pop? Aside from guests decorating their own rooms, are there any decorations done around the resort grounds?
There aren't a lot of Christmas decorations at Pop, but they do put up a tree. No way to know the date - resort holiday decoration dates are chosen with a lottery system every year, so it's random. But it'll be done before Thanksgiving.

There aren't a lot of Christmas decorations at Pop, but they do put up a tree. No way to know the date - resort holiday decoration dates are chosen with a lottery system every year, so it's random. But it'll be done before Thanksgiving.
Dec 2021 was our first time at DW during the Christmas season and it was fantastic. Loved all the trees and decor all over property.

Does Pop Century currently stock the allergy-friendly mini brownie cupcakes from Erin McKenna's Bakery?

Anyone booked Pop with the AP discount for early Dec on a weekend? I want a Sat night and am seeing normal but not discount availability and am having a vague memory of seeing complaints that weekends aren't included in the discounts?

ETA- NVM. Finally saw the print in the AP discount ad that said valid Sun-Thurs

Last edited:
I have an 08:40 ADR for Topolino's one morning. I plan on taking the Skyliner from Pop. I know that I will have to get off at CBR since its the transfer station. I will be using an ECV. With that said, should I just go ahead and "motor" over to Riviera from CBR? Or should I transfer at CBR and ride the Skyliner to Riviera?

Also, how much time should I allow for the trip from Pop?

I have an 08:40 ADR for Topolino's one morning. I plan on taking the Skyliner from Pop. I know that I will have to get off at CBR since its the transfer station. I will be using an ECV. With that said, should I just go ahead and "motor" over to Riviera from CBR? Or should I transfer at CBR and ride the Skyliner to Riviera?

Also, how much time should I allow for the trip from Pop?
I have done that route a couple of times. Personally I would recommend transferring at CBR and taking the Epcot line of the Skyliner to Riviera as it would be quite a long ECV ride. Doable yes, but long. Totally personal choice. Will you be on your own or will there be others with you?

I would recommend you arrive at the Pop station at least 1 hour before your ADR to allow for potential lines, transportation, transferring and time needed after arriving at Riviera.

I have done that route a couple of times. Personally I would recommend transferring at CBR and taking the Epcot line of the Skyliner to Riviera as it would be quite a long ECV ride. Doable yes, but long. Totally personal choice. Will you be on your own or will there be others with you?

I would recommend you arrive at the Pop station at least 1 hour before your ADR to allow for potential lines, transportation, transferring and time needed after arriving at Riviera.
Yeah, to echo what @scrappinginontario said, we decided to walk from the CBR station to Riviera the first night we were there and it's longer than you think. I would transfer to the Epcot skyliner and get off at Riviera too.

I'll be on my own. I looked at Google maps and it does look longer that I was originally thinking. I guess I was trying to avoid having to queue up twice for the Skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter