• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

So spent week at Coronado and it was wonderful and moved over to Pop for 3 nights just to take advantage of the Skyliner….obviously when you visit Fla this time of year it’s with the understanding that you will prob at some point experience thunder storms or even a hurricane which will impact use of skyliner…however our experience today was really aggravating parks have early opening at 8:30 but the skyliner doesn’t begin until 7:30 am. This morning at 8:00 am the line waiting for the skyliner stretched all the way back to the farthest bowling pin (bldg 2) and then curved around. After waiting 30 min we gave up and went to front of lobby to get an Uber along with a hoard of others who had same idea. One CM told us problem was that resort didn’t expect so many guests which is ridiculous as they know exactly how many guests are at resort! Finally another CM told us that they were short handed as many CMs called in for whatever reasons…this would appear to be the case as there were definitely not as many around skyliner area as usual. There was no separate line for handicapped and it was just a mess all around. We are also disappointed with housekeeping the toilet wasn’t working and there were no wash cloths and candy wrappers and popcorn under the bed. We booked a Preferred room as there was no Standard option availability when I booked or when we checked in and I got the room I hate the most ground floor in building 5 which is great location but it’s right next to that little circular area where they park their little trucks with lots of noise and people talking outside your room beginning before 6am And continuing throughout the day. You would think you would have a decent view with a preferred room but apparently view has nothing to do with it as what they go buy is the distance from room to lobby. So the nicest rooms are actually the Standard rooms with a lake view. Anyway this afternoon I heard a woman outside my door very upset apparently her little one got ahead of her and ran smack into the wall outside my room which had just been painted bright yellow he was covered head to foot with paint. We’ve been disappointed in general with Disney lately and have such mixed feelings about all the new plans they are announcing this week…meanwhile the tye-dye cheese cake that used to come in nice slices than was put in bowls is now served in very small plastic cups. When we visited last Spring the food in food court was served on paper plates and now it’s just put in a small flimsy cardboard open container or box smaller portions. Some dessert items such as the Halloween Whoopie Pie is served on a small flimsy paper plate and when I asked for a plastic container like the ones used for some of the cupcakes I was told they can’t do that any more I was finally given a container after I wasn’t going to buy the dessert without the container but I had to really insist…the Magic is still around but there is a lot of obvious penny-pinching going on. One thing for sure the Magic of the CMs is still there🙂

PS (I bumped into the corner of the bed HARD!)

Just wanted to say I really appreciate this thread. I was supposed to check in yesterday with friends and we had our Magicbands shipped to the resort since that was the best option for us. One of them ended up testing for positive for covid at almost the last minute so the trip was pushed back a month. I forgot about the Magicbands until today and immediately checked the first page for a phone number to call Pop Century directly since all the other info I've gotten from here has been reliable. The front desk CM I spoke to found the bands and told me they'd hold on to them until we finally get there. Hopefully none of us will manage to catch covid before then. 🤞 I really don't want to deal with the headache of rescheduling everything again.

Oh, and I had better luck with the front desk number, fyi. I don't know exactly where the 407.938.4000 number goes to, but I was on hold for about a minute. It sounded like someone picked up, but I didn't hear anyone speaking and got no response when I said something. Then I got hung up on. 😅 The front desk number ending in 4011 worked though! A CM picked up right away.

what refillable mug designs are available at Pop right now? Head down in a few weeks and was curious. Wondered if they had something besides the 100 purple ones.

We'll be staying at Pop in October - thanks for the timely tips on the bed corners! 😂 We'll be coming from Port Canaveral on a Sunday and we'll probably have to drop our bags off with bell services because we will get there before our room is ready. We plan to do a monorail crawl from there and I have the silliest question. How do we get to the monorail from Pop to start our crawl? 🚝 Thanks!

We'll be staying at Pop in October - thanks for the timely tips on the bed corners! 😂 We'll be coming from Port Canaveral on a Sunday and we'll probably have to drop our bags off with bell services because we will get there before our room is ready. We plan to do a monorail crawl from there and I have the silliest question. How do we get to the monorail from Pop to start our crawl? 🚝 Thanks!
You'll need to take the bus from Pop to MK, then hop on the Resort monorail at MK. Have fun!

Thanks so much! That is what I thought, but it's good to have confirmation. We have spent much more time at DLR than WDW and clearly we don't know our way around instinctively. Thank you CarolynFH.....DISers are the best!
Just a heads up that you will go through security after riding the bus to MK before you can access the monorail.

So spent week at Coronado and it was wonderful and moved over to Pop for 3 nights just to take advantage of the Skyliner….obviously when you visit Fla this time of year it’s with the understanding that you will prob at some point experience thunder storms or even a hurricane which will impact use of skyliner…however our experience today was really aggravating parks have early opening at 8:30 but the skyliner doesn’t begin until 7:30 am. This morning at 8:00 am the line waiting for the skyliner stretched all the way back to the farthest bowling pin (bldg 2) and then curved around. After waiting 30 min we gave up and went to front of lobby to get an Uber along with a hoard of others who had same idea. One CM told us problem was that resort didn’t expect so many guests which is ridiculous as they know exactly how many guests are at resort! Finally another CM told us that they were short handed as many CMs called in for whatever reasons…this would appear to be the case as there were definitely not as many around skyliner area as usual. There was no separate line for handicapped and it was just a mess all around. We are also disappointed with housekeeping the toilet wasn’t working and there were no wash cloths and candy wrappers and popcorn under the bed. We booked a Preferred room as there was no Standard option availability when I booked or when we checked in and I got the room I hate the most ground floor in building 5 which is great location but it’s right next to that little circular area where they park their little trucks with lots of noise and people talking outside your room beginning before 6am And continuing throughout the day. You would think you would have a decent view with a preferred room but apparently view has nothing to do with it as what they go buy is the distance from room to lobby. So the nicest rooms are actually the Standard rooms with a lake view. Anyway this afternoon I heard a woman outside my door very upset apparently her little one got ahead of her and ran smack into the wall outside my room which had just been painted bright yellow he was covered head to foot with paint. We’ve been disappointed in general with Disney lately and have such mixed feelings about all the new plans they are announcing this week…meanwhile the tye-dye cheese cake that used to come in nice slices than was put in bowls is now served in very small plastic cups. When we visited last Spring the food in food court was served on paper plates and now it’s just put in a small flimsy cardboard open container or box smaller portions. Some dessert items such as the Halloween Whoopie Pie is served on a small flimsy paper plate and when I asked for a plastic container like the ones used for some of the cupcakes I was told they can’t do that any more I was finally given a container after I wasn’t going to buy the dessert without the container but I had to really insist…the Magic is still around but there is a lot of obvious penny-pinching going on. One thing for sure the Magic of the CMs is still there🙂

PS (I bumped into the corner of the bed HARD!)
Thank you for the info about the skyliner last year we stayed at Caribbean Beach and never had a problem.Staying at Pop in November.

A fun way would be to take Disney Skyliner from Pop Century to Hollywood Studios and then take a Bus from Hollywood Studios to Contemporary Resort.

We love the Skyliner and always look for ways to use it and also starting the Monorail Crawl at CR will eliminate having to go through Security at Magic Kingdom. :)

A fun way would be to take Disney Skyliner from Pop Century to Hollywood Studios and then take a Bus from Hollywood Studios to Contemporary Resort.

We love the Skyliner and always look for ways to use it and also starting the Monorail Crawl at CR will eliminate having to go through Security at Magic Kingdom. :)
@AlohaNow, this is entirely true and definitely something to consider. You can bus from DHS to any of the monorail resorts, whichever one you'd like to start your crawl at.

You will go through security, but not until you're getting ready to board the monorail to travel from the first resort to the second.

Just saw the Resort Recreation calendar for October, what Is the Psychodelic Glow Part on Sundays?

Just saw the Resort Recreation calendar for October, what Is the Psychodelic Glow Part on Sundays?
That one is new this month, but there have been glow parties at lots of other resorts lately and I've seen some of those - they all seem to be the same. Pretty much the same as the daytime pool activities, but they give the kids some glow sticks and have some light-up pool toys around. It's the usual trivia, poolside games, etc. Only difference is that it's at night.

My husband and I just got back from a very last-minute, unexpected weekend trip (drove down Friday and back on Sunday) and stayed at Pop for the first time. I have now stayed at all of the values and really enjoyed it!

We got a preferred room and were in 60s building 4, room 4335 so pretty convenient to the skyliner and away from the pool which is exactly what we wanted. We got the text our room was ready around 2:30. We were still on the Turnpike at that point, but it was nice to have the room ready when we got there.

We lined up about 7:05 Saturday morning and the line was just back to the skyliner sign at the beginning of the bridge. By 7:15, it was back to the 50s building. But once the skyliner started right at 7:30 it moved very quickly. I was worried about having to get in line again at CBR for Epcot, but I guess CBR resort guests had already cleared out and it was just a typical line of a few parties (I also looked at the HS line and it was the same).

We got VERY lucky with the weather as it was an 80% chance of thunderstorms all day and we wanted to come back to the room between Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Was worried we would have to trek to the front of the park and catch a bus, but it only ended up raining for 15 minutes about 9 o'clock that night. That morning we joked with the women in line in front of us at the skyliner that since we both brought our raincoats, it for sure wouldn't rain. So if you were at WDW Saturday, you're welcome! 😂

The MK bus stop line at close was very long (they combined two stops which I had never seen before, but maybe that's typical for Pop), but they started having one bus after the other come in so that went by pretty quickly too. We had to stand but that's what you expect at park close.

Granted this was a fairly slow weekend, but just thought I would share my transportation experience at Pop!

The limited time chicken adobo nachos were pretty good. The pizza was also pretty good, but we were starving when we got back to the room after a long day so that may have clouded our judgement. The tie dye cheesecake was eh.

We didn't really pay attention to the other activities since we were only there for one day essentially, but I did notice that hair wrapping was available at the same kiosk as the tattoos.

That one is new this month, but there have been glow parties at lots of other resorts lately and I've seen some of those - they all seem to be the same. Pretty much the same as the daytime pool activities, but they give the kids some glow sticks and have some light-up pool toys around. It's the usual trivia, poolside games, etc. Only difference is that it's at night.
Could anybody post the dates for the PoP Glow Parties and I am guessing at the main 60’s pool location.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter