Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

The ride from Pop to MK is normally 13-16 mins. I will say when we’re heading home we step aside and allow others to board if we’re going to have to stand.

We hop the AoA bus also when we have the chance instead of waiting in line for the Pop bus. It's a great tip that can save a lot of time if you hit it right instead of waiting for maybe 2 Pop busses if the line is long.
Definitely.

We enjoy doing this at any time of the day not only for the convenience,but it gives us a walk through some of AoA which is nice-if it is after dark we usually walk through the amazing CARS section before heading for Generation Gap Bridge.

Today is the Anniversary of the passing of Elvis.

I have always thought it would be cool if Pop Century had ELVIS DAY every year on this date.

The Activities Cast could start the day at Bowling Pool playing his 1950s songs,have Elvis 1950s trivia,etc. and then later in the day move to Hippy Dippy Pool and play his 1960s/1970s songs,have 1960s/1970s trivia,etc. and end the day by showing Aloha From Hawaii.

They could bring back The King Cupcake for the day.etc.

I think I will run it by a manager next time I am down there and see the response.

1692236850712.png

Personally, I think transportation from Pop to MK is excellent, especially in the morning. There always seems to be a line of buses waiting to head to MK. Middle of the day, you might wait 10-15min as buses just aren't as frequent - and sometimes we hop the AoA bus if one is there waiting since it's such a short walk over to Pop, particularly preferred pool view rooms. We rarely stay until park close at MK so I'm not sure how crazy that gets.

Also, I really appreciate the bus queues set up at Pop, which seems to lead to much more orderly loading in the morning compared with when I stayed at DVC resorts in the past.
Thanks for the info here. I've heard great things about Pop which is why we chose it over the other values when we decided to do another trip for a long weekend. I also personally like the theming of the decades.

Any Requests?

We will be visiting Pop next week and I have packed a measuring tape. Are there any requests for measurements that are not included in the thread on page 1?

So far ones I've seen requested are:
- inside measurements of window (for lights, etc.)
- distance from side of pulldown bed to window
- distance between wall and dresser (where connecting door is in some rooms)

Any Requests?

We will be visiting Pop next week and I have packed a measuring tape. Are there any requests for measurements that are not included in the thread on page 1?

Have a great trip!

SO, just how comfy is the pull down bed?

I am sure this has been discussed, but I honestly can't seem to find it in the 125 pages. I may have just missed it through!

My friend has decided to come with me next year and I have PoP booked because I am only doing Epcot for F&W except for one MNSSHP night. She will be taking the pull down bed. So I am worried about just how comfortable it is.

I am sure this has been discussed, but I honestly can't seem to find it in the 125 pages. I may have just missed it through!

My friend has decided to come with me next year and I have PoP booked because I am only doing Epcot for F&W except for one MNSSHP night. She will be taking the pull down bed. So I am worried about just how comfortable it is.
The pull down bed has a real mattress - I think it might be the same mattress as the regular bed. I've slept on the pull down every trip since they added them. Feels like a normal bed to me. It's definitely way better than pull out sofa beds. I'd love to see Disney replace all the sofa beds with murphy beds with a real mattress.

The pull down bed has a real mattress - I think it might be the same mattress as the regular bed. I've slept on the pull down every trip since they added them. Feels like a normal bed to me. It's definitely way better than pull out sofa beds. I'd love to see Disney replace all the sofa beds with murphy beds with a real mattress.
You are right, the mattress is exactly the same. The pulldown is as comfortable as the regular bed and we find them very comfortable!

Have a great trip!
Thanks so much!

Any Requests?

Thanks so much for offering! Can you measure the door within the frame? Also the door frame exterior (width and height)? Thinking of decorating the door on my next trip and need to know the space I'm dealing with.

Any Requests?

We will be visiting for 10 nights, but only hiring a car for 5 days, taking 2 car seats. Can we keep the car seats with bell services for the days we are dont have a car, to free up space in the room?

I just got back from my 10th stay at Pop Century.

I love the Skyliner, it is 100% worth the additional money over All-Star Movies and is enough of an advantage that I would not consider a moderate. The access and ease of half or more of my park days not requiring buses is magical.

I did not enjoy the preferred pool view. Was a massive mistake to upgrade to. I lasted from Tuesday until Thursday before I went down to the front desk and asked for help fixing my idiotic mistake. I slept probably 6 or 7 hours total from Tuesday to Friday because of the noise. Not just the pool noise but they start doing the pressure washing in and around the pool at 4am. Never again. I got moved into a preferred room in one of the 70s buildings and it was amazing. Only about a minute extra in walking but 100% calmer. Lesson learned. And thankfully the front desk was willing to help fix my blunder despite the situation being 100% on me.

I did notice some room repair work. I think my second room was one that had recently been redone because the room was very nice. Was only a room here and there. Not entire blocks of rooms. Seemed to only work between about 10am and 4pm.

Everything Pop was disappointing. Not a whole heck of a lot of variety like there use to be. In general the food was fine and hot. But it use to be better.

Last edited:
Just returned from a few nights stay at Pop (end of a split stay after staying 6 nights at Boardwalk). As usual we loved our time at Pop! The AC kept up amazingly despite record breaking heat outside, the front desk cast member was so friendly, food was fine, nice selection at the gift shop, & 0 issues with the Skyliner.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I love the Skyliner. It’s completely changed the way we vacation at Disney and honestly feels like a little ride in itself. I’m obsessed with the fact we can easily access the other resorts now for dining (1 day we popped over to CBR for an iced coffee from Joffrey’s and lunch bc we love their food court), as well as getting to the parks obviously. I use an electric wheelchair due to my chronic illness and it’s just so much easier than the busses to get back to the room when my symptoms flare up. We love Pop!

We will be visiting for 10 nights, but only hiring a car for 5 days, taking 2 car seats. Can we keep the car seats with bell services for the days we are dont have a car, to free up space in the room?
You absolutely can store the car seats with the luggage team. They'll give you a receipt/ticket for the car seats. Explain that you're storing them for a few days (or whatever) as it sometimes makes a difference on where in the storage facility they stow things. That's a great idea for freeing up space in your room.

Just returned from a few nights stay at Pop (end of a split stay after staying 6 nights at Boardwalk). As usual we loved our time at Pop! The AC kept up amazingly despite record breaking heat outside, the front desk cast member was so friendly, food was fine, nice selection at the gift shop, & 0 issues with the Skyliner.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I love the Skyliner. It’s completely changed the way we vacation at Disney and honestly feels like a little ride in itself. I’m obsessed with the fact we can easily access the other resorts now for dining (1 day we popped over to CBR for an iced coffee from Joffrey’s and lunch bc we love their food court), as well as getting to the parks obviously. I use an electric wheelchair due to my chronic illness and it’s just so much easier than the busses to get back to the room when my symptoms flare up. We love Pop!
Totally agree! The skyliner is such a game changer and has spoiled us.

I just got back from my 10th stay at Pop Century.

I love the Skyliner, it is 100% worth the additional money over All-Star Movies and is enough of an advantage that I would not consider a moderate. The access and ease of half or more of my park days not requiring buses is magical.

I did not enjoy the preferred pool view. Was a massive mistake to upgrade to. I lasted from Tuesday until Thursday before I went down to the front desk and asked for help fixing my idiotic mistake. I slept probably 6 or 7 hours total from Tuesday to Friday because of the noise. Not just the pool noise but they start doing the pressure washing in and around the pool at 4am. Never again. I got moved into a preferred room in one of the 70s buildings and it was amazing. Only about a minute extra in walking but 100% calmer. Lesson learned. And thankfully the front desk was willing to help fix my blunder despite the situation being 100% on me.

I did notice some room repair work. I think my second room was one that had recently been redone because the room was very nice. Was only a room here and there. Not entire blocks of rooms. Seemed to only work between about 10am and 4pm.

Everything Pop was disappointing. Not a whole heck of a lot of variety like there use to be. In general the food was fine and hot. But it use to be better.
We miss the Mom's Night Out "TV Dinners".

They were such a fun and creative addition to Everything Pop Dining.

1692548848986.png

Me too...I love the skyliner...I’m not crazy about being high but it’s wonderful if you are using an ECV and dont have to feel guilty about taking up seats like on a bus.

We decided to take a quick, long weekend in February and also booked the preferred pool view after originally doing the regular pool view. The price increase was about $20 per night to guarantee being closest to the skyliner.

Hoping for a fun trip -- we stayed at Polynesian over spring break and I'm a little anxious about the travel to/from MK but I think having a super easy trip to EPCOT and HS will even it out. I think the potential lower crowds will probably even things out given that our past trip was Easter week and super busy.
I have always had good experiences with Pop's travel to MK. I definitely prefer Pop's queue to the mods and deluxes where there is no line. Those stress me out; it seems like people get frustrated with each other. That could just be me though. I am a super worry wart! :oops: I am always fearful of getting in front of someone who was there first.
We have hopped on the AoA bus from MK when it showed up first. I love the walk between the 2 resorts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter