Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone gotten a case of water lately. Do you remember how much you paid?

We are booked at Pop for March 2024! This will be our first stay at this resort. We’ve been diehard AKL but I’m looking forward to a change! We voted on where to stay and it came down to FQ or Pop, Pop won!

Just a mini-report on a recent stay at Pop:

We were there from July 24 through July 30. My 28 yo daughter and I in one room and my sister and her kids (18 and 20 yo) in the connecting room. I'd made a room request through Touring Plans and asked for higher floor standard rooms in building 6. This was at least my 10th stay at Pop and I like that location for purposes of the Skyliner, buses, and Classic Hall. I asked for rooms near one another, but they didn't need to be next door or connecting rooms. My sister and I checked in together and our kids headed straight for Typhoon Lagoon (we'd moved over from Universal). I got room 6330 and my sister's was 6331; they were connecting rooms. Perfect location for us.

Cast members were fantastic. Very friendly and responsive (much better than at Universal's Endless Summer Surfside). Housekeeping took care of our rooms every other day. We were advised at check-in that there would be room checks every day; not sure if that really happened or not. We were typically out early and then back for an afternoon refresh before heading back out for more fun.

Room 6329 was having new flooring put in and that was a bit loud one afternoon when I wanted a nap. I went to the registration to see if it was a multi-day project or what and was told that there had been a flood so all the flooring needed replacement, but that it was supposed to be completed in a couple of days. They offered to move us, but it wasn't worth that hassle. I noticed that there were a number of random rooms around the resort being fixed/refurbished.

We mostly used the computer pool. My sister and I enjoyed the music over there (I'm 61, she is 55). She did some laundry one day and said the dryers got really hot, so beware. (I almost never do laundry on vacation, so ...)

Skyliner worked great. There were days it rained, but it still ran. I'm sure they closed it for thunderstorms, but it never affected us. Bus transportation was terrific.

We didn't eat at Classic Hall much, just snacky stuff. The bread sticks with sauces were surprisingly good. My sister and her kids got the refillable mugs. We didn't notice the 24 hour beverage station at the pool bar until near the end of our stay and they were disappointed we didn't discover it earlier.

I received an email from Disney on our check-out day with a bounce back offer. I called yesterday and booked my husband and me at the Yacht Club for a January trip. The rates were about 25% less than posted on the website. I'm an AP holder and AP rates will come out in the fall. They may be better and the CM told me to check back to have that rate applied if it is better and available.

I can try to answer specific questions about Pop if anyone has any. In short, we had a great time at Pop.

Just a mini-report on a recent stay at Pop:

We were there from July 24 through July 30. My 28 yo daughter and I in one room and my sister and her kids (18 and 20 yo) in the connecting room. I'd made a room request through Touring Plans and asked for higher floor standard rooms in building 6. This was at least my 10th stay at Pop and I like that location for purposes of the Skyliner, buses, and Classic Hall. I asked for rooms near one another, but they didn't need to be next door or connecting rooms. My sister and I checked in together and our kids headed straight for Typhoon Lagoon (we'd moved over from Universal). I got room 6330 and my sister's was 6331; they were connecting rooms. Perfect location for us.

Cast members were fantastic. Very friendly and responsive (much better than at Universal's Endless Summer Surfside). Housekeeping took care of our rooms every other day. We were advised at check-in that there would be room checks every day; not sure if that really happened or not. We were typically out early and then back for an afternoon refresh before heading back out for more fun.

Room 6329 was having new flooring put in and that was a bit loud one afternoon when I wanted a nap. I went to the registration to see if it was a multi-day project or what and was told that there had been a flood so all the flooring needed replacement, but that it was supposed to be completed in a couple of days. They offered to move us, but it wasn't worth that hassle. I noticed that there were a number of random rooms around the resort being fixed/refurbished.

We mostly used the computer pool. My sister and I enjoyed the music over there (I'm 61, she is 55). She did some laundry one day and said the dryers got really hot, so beware. (I almost never do laundry on vacation, so ...)

Skyliner worked great. There were days it rained, but it still ran. I'm sure they closed it for thunderstorms, but it never affected us. Bus transportation was terrific.

We didn't eat at Classic Hall much, just snacky stuff. The bread sticks with sauces were surprisingly good. My sister and her kids got the refillable mugs. We didn't notice the 24 hour beverage station at the pool bar until near the end of our stay and they were disappointed we didn't discover it earlier.

I received an email from Disney on our check-out day with a bounce back offer. I called yesterday and booked my husband and me at the Yacht Club for a January trip. The rates were about 25% less than posted on the website. I'm an AP holder and AP rates will come out in the fall. They may be better and the CM told me to check back to have that rate applied if it is better and available.

I can try to answer specific questions about Pop if anyone has any. In short, we had a great time at Pop.
Do you happen to remember what drinks were available at the pool bar refill station? Was it sodas/ lemonade/ Powerade? Any iced tea?

Do you happen to remember what drinks were available at the pool bar refill station? Was it sodas/ lemonade/ Powerade? Any iced tea?

Early July they had a sugar free lemonade and vitamin water and I believe blue Powerade there. Also coke, Diet Coke and sprite and maybe another soda or two. Tea is only inside at a specific tea dispenser. I got vitamin water a lot. It was really good. Prob was the kind with sugar but honestly I never checked lol.

I know there were soda pops, lemonade, water, and ice. I do not believe there was iced tea. I could be wrong. I didn’t get a refillable mug because I mainly stick to wafter.

I know there were soda pops, lemonade, water, and ice. I do not believe there was iced tea. I could be wrong. I didn’t get a refillable mug because I mainly stick to wafter.
Early July they had a sugar free lemonade and vitamin water and I believe blue Powerade there. Also coke, Diet Coke and sprite and maybe another soda or two. Tea is only inside at a specific tea dispenser. I got vitamin water a lot. It was really good. Prob was the kind with sugar but honestly I never checked lol.
Thank you both so much!

Unfortunately no Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate-just a Fountain Drink Station like the ones inside Everything Pop Dining.

These were the choices 2 weeks ago.

Coca Cola Original
Sprite
Fanta Orange
Diet Coke
Vitamin Water
Powerade Mountain Berry Blast
Coca Cola Zero Sugar

1691373682723.png

Unfortunately no Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate-just a Fountain Drink Station like the ones inside Everything Pop Dining.

These were the choices 2 weeks ago.

Coca Cola Original
Sprite
Fanta Orange
Diet Coke
Vitamin Water
Powerade Mountain Berry Blast
Coca Cola Zero Sugar

View attachment 783455
I just want to add that anyone can get ice and water at this station — I filled my Hydro Flask there with no issues. There is also a water fountain and a filtered water dispenser near the restrooms in Classic Hall.
Thanks for posting this photo. So helpful.

I'm staying at Pop for the first time next month! It's my goal to get to stay at all the Disney resorts and I haven't been here yet and am really excited about it and the skyliner!
I do love POP! We are looking forward to staying here again next year. I think it truly is one of the best resorts on property. Have a MAGICAL trip!!

Is Skyliner access worth 166USD? We're a family of three and will be visiting Hollywood Studios and Epcot in May 2024 on 2 separate days (no park hopping). Should we keep our 3-nt Pop reservation or switch over to ASM and save some money? Is there a website that shows when the Skyliner closed down historically?

Is Skyliner access worth 166USD? We're a family of three and will be visiting Hollywood Studios and Epcot in May 2024 on 2 separate days (no park hopping). Should we keep our 3-nt Pop reservation or switch over to ASM and save some money? Is there a website that shows when the Skyliner closed down historically?

I'd also pay the extra. Not just for skyliner but for POP itself!!

Skyliner refurbishments for the past 2 years have happened in January.

You’re asking on the Pop thread.
Pretty much everyone here will tell you to stick with Pop. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter