Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi, all! We’re staying at Pop for 10 days in August. 🎉 (Yes I know it’s surface of the sun hot-been there done that) We’ve been to Pop a few times and love it but I have a couple questions:
1. We were just at Caribbean Beach and noticed the AC struggled to keep up a bit. How is Pop’s AC in the summer?
2. We have the worst luck with room placement at Disney resorts. We always seem to be placed the furthest away from the main areas of the resort. Unfortunately preferred rooms are sold out on our dates. Any particularly better-than-most standard view buildings I can request? If preferred rooms pop up (pun intended) before we go I’ll definitely book one but they’re out for now.
We like the 70s the best for non preferred. 2nd choice is the 50s. We had a 70s lake view room that was so quiet, yet not far from anything. Honestly, I would take a non preferred room over a pool view room any day for the noise level.

Last edited:
Leaving Pop now and no bounce back offer. Might be fate because after the struggle to get back to catch the mears shuttle it as been a nightmare end to the trip. Skyliner was fine epcot to Pop but both the studios line and the pop/ApA lines were down. After a bit they took a group to catch a bus but left the rest of us standing at the skyliner. After 30-45 minutes of waiting they got the pop line running again. I asked a manager twice why we were left standing - I could see a lot of busses rolling into Caribbean beach resort but they said none were for Pop and that they would get another Pop bus at some point. Clearly they prioritized people going to the riviera and studios. I was having a lot of anxiety because of having to catch the mears bus. Then when we got to pop on the skyliner our door didn’t open. I full on panicked and pounded on it. Turns out they made it a wheelchair cabin even though it wasn’t one to begin with. Never heard of that happening. I still have not recovered from the fear. My family isn’t speaking to me now because I embarrassed them. It was a terrible end of our trip.
On a positive note we had room 4159 and it was perfect. No connecting door and skyliner view. We never heard any other guests. It was at the lake end of 60’s - second room from end on backside. Time will tell if I recover from the skyliner terror or not

Leaving Pop now and no bounce back offer. Might be fate because after the struggle to get back to catch the mears shuttle it as been a nightmare end to the trip. Skyliner was fine epcot to Pop but both the studios line and the pop/ApA lines were down. After a bit they took a group to catch a bus but left the rest of us standing at the skyliner. After 30-45 minutes of waiting they got the pop line running again. I asked a manager twice why we were left standing - I could see a lot of busses rolling into Caribbean beach resort but they said none were for Pop and that they would get another Pop bus at some point. Clearly they prioritized people going to the riviera and studios. I was having a lot of anxiety because of having to catch the mears bus. Then when we got to pop on the skyliner our door didn’t open. I full on panicked and pounded on it. Turns out they made it a wheelchair cabin even though it wasn’t one to begin with. Never heard of that happening. I still have not recovered from the fear. My family isn’t speaking to me now because I embarrassed them. It was a terrible end of our trip.
On a positive note we had room 4159 and it was perfect. No connecting door and skyliner view. We never heard any other guests. It was at the lake end of 60’s - second room from end on backside. Time will tell if I recover from the skyliner terror or not
I know that fear all too well about the skyliner door not opening. We were seated in a wheelchair gondola on one of our trips to CBR from Riviera and our door didn't open when we got there. At first I was okay and just tapped on the door but the CM seemed to just ignore my tapping so I began knocking and finally pounding until he looked at me like I was a wild woman. It was definitely scary for me as well. Sorry it happened to you too. I didn't even know it was possible until that day.

I know that fear all too well about the skyliner door not opening. We were seated in a wheelchair gondola on one of our trips to CBR from Riviera and our door didn't open when we got there. At first I was okay and just tapped on the door but the CM seemed to just ignore my tapping so I began knocking and finally pounding until he looked at me like I was a wild woman. It was definitely scary for me as well. Sorry it happened to you too. I didn't even know it was possible until that day.
That was literally what I did. I mean they could warn a person or something. I wouldn’t have cared if we weren’t running late from the thing malfunctioning. I would normally have been fine making a whole loop but not today. I have too much anxiety on travel day anyway. Sorry that happened to you too.

Does a pack and play fit in the bathroom area at Pop? I've read some reviews that implies that it does, but not real pictures of where and I'm having a hard time envisioning it. Making the trip with our toddler for the second time, but our first time staying with him in just a standard hotel room.

I just googled that question because I have stayed at POP many times and was thinking No way but I guess if you call and request a King Room at POP and request a PaknPlay package …the answer is Yes .

Guest services 407-939-1936

I just googled that question because I have stayed at POP many times and was thinking No way but I guess if you call and request a King Room at POP and request a PaknPlay package …the answer is Yes .

Guest services 407-939-1936
The challenge with this is that there are very few King rooms and they are not guaranteed. Many of the king rooms are handi-accessible so would be given to guests who require them first.

Does a pack and play fit in the bathroom area at Pop? I've read some reviews that implies that it does, but not real pictures of where and I'm having a hard time envisioning it. Making the trip with our toddler for the second time, but our first time staying with him in just a standard hotel room.
We didn’t test it but I don’t think it would without really jamming it in there.

We put it up against the front door, and then pulled down the Murphy bed and stacked all the pillows on it so baby doesn’t see us.

Also if you put it in the RR and have to go in the middle of the night…

I would have totally panicked just like you did!

So excited! Just booked two standard rooms at POP for Aug. 15th-20th. There will be 6 of us. Me, DH, DS24, DD20, and taking 2 nieces ages 10 and 12. DD and I were last at POP in 2021, but it will be a first stay at POP for DH and first time staying on property for my nieces. They were last at Disney about 6 years ago so they don't remember too much of their trip. Can't wait! DD and I both love POP and we're excited to show it off!

Hi, all! We’re staying at Pop for 10 days in August. 🎉 (Yes I know it’s surface of the sun hot-been there done that) We’ve been to Pop a few times and love it but I have a couple questions:
1. We were just at Caribbean Beach and noticed the AC struggled to keep up a bit. How is Pop’s AC in the summer?
2. We have the worst luck with room placement at Disney resorts. We always seem to be placed the furthest away from the main areas of the resort. Unfortunately preferred rooms are sold out on our dates. Any particularly better-than-most standard view buildings I can request? If preferred rooms pop up (pun intended) before we go I’ll definitely book one but they’re out for now.
I've only had issues with the AC once in many many stays at Pop. I'm usually too cold in the room and they don't give enough blankets for the beds.

There are standard rooms in every building. I prefer 60's and 70's for a central location.

Is there a variety of refillable mug styles available at Pop? It's been so long since we stayed on Disney property (pre-kids yikes!!). I saw that there are holiday and different versions, a stainless Skyliner, and the elusive StarWars style on the Disney Food Blog. But can they be found at Pop, or should we search another resort for other styles?

Is there a variety of refillable mug styles available at Pop? It's been so long since we stayed on Disney property (pre-kids yikes!!). I saw that there are holiday and different versions, a stainless Skyliner, and the elusive StarWars style on the Disney Food Blog. But can they be found at Pop, or should we search another resort for other styles?

From what I understand the metal mugs are no longer available anywhere. I just started a mobile order for Pop and they are only listing the regular plastic mugs, currently the Disney 100 design.

They had a buzz light year mug with either pink or green top (I only saw one side of them and it had buzz on it. ). They also had purple 100yr mugs with either a purple or silver top. Those were the only options.

Anyone know why the online room requests are so limited. Only options are 50s, 70s, king, ground. There use to be so many more.

We prefer 60's, the back of the building with the jungle book characters. It's close to both the lobby and skyliner.

Hi! Long time POP-lovers, but haven't been since FEB 2020. Can anyone tell me if Dole Whip is still available at the resort, or if that's disappeared as one of the recent changes?

Hi! Long time POP-lovers, but haven't been since FEB 2020. Can anyone tell me if Dole Whip is still available at the resort, or if that's disappeared as one of the recent changes?

I don't actually know for sure, but yesterday's guide to Dole Whip Day (July 20th) lists a lot of location across the world where Dole Whip-related food items are available, but Pop Century isn't one of them: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/07/disney-eats-foodie-guide-to-dole-whip-day-2023/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter