Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Yes I'm bummed! That is a plus of Pop. I guess we will take it TO after hours so that's something
The bus really wasn't bad at all. If I remember correctly, I left maybe 15 minutes before the AH ended and there was a bus waiting. Was not crowded at all and the trip took less than 10 minutes.

I just got off the phone with Disney I wanted to add a room request for my Standard Room reservation in May. I wanted to request the 60's section like I always do. She told me 60's does not have any standard rooms. Did something change recently? I know we have stayed in 60's standard multiple times. The first page of this thread and everything I see online still says every building has standard rooms.

Love to know if anyone has any info about recent changes with pop room categories or if this cast member was just incorrect.

TIA!

I just got off the phone with Disney I wanted to add a room request for my Standard Room reservation in May. I wanted to request the 60's section like I always do. She told me 60's does not have any standard rooms. Did something change recently? I know we have stayed in 60's standard multiple times. The first page of this thread and everything I see online still says every building has standard rooms.

Love to know if anyone has any info about recent changes with pop room categories or if this cast member was just incorrect.

TIA!

They let me put in a standard room request for 60s, but when I arrived to check in the CM told me they have no availability for 60s at all. So not sure if they’ve made a change there.

TIA!
I always request 60’s standard and I’ve had that happen before. It’s probably just someone who doesn’t realize there are standard rooms in the 60’s. Call back and make the request with someone else.

I always request 60’s standard and I’ve had that happen before. It’s probably just someone who doesn’t realize there are standard rooms in the 60’s. Call back and make the request with someone else.
Thanks, I just called back and they put in the request no problem. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any recent changes before I called back. :-)

Thanks, I just called back and they put in the request no problem. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any recent changes before I called back. :-)
I also was allowed, by calling, to request my standard room to be in Building 5 which is 60's. I arrive in 15 days!

Originally,when POP opened,all of the 1960s was Preferred.

The Phone CM probably didn't know that some Buildings at POP are now "split" between Standard and Preferred.

Which doesn't speak well to their training.

Yes, their training (or more likely the information on their computers) is sometimes waaaayyy out of date. We received a pixie dust upgrade to a 60's building (back side, facing the lake) on our stay in 2004. I know when we returned to Pop in 2009 the room we had in 2004 was no longer a preferred room but was now listed as standard. So, it's been at least 14 years. :D

Yes, their training (or more likely the information on their computers) is sometimes waaaayyy out of date. We received a pixie dust upgrade to a 60's building (back side, facing the lake) on our stay in 2004. I know when we returned to Pop in 2009 the room we had in 2004 was no longer a preferred room but was now listed as standard. So, it's been at least 14 years. :D
Yes I am thinking they must have outdated maps or something. The original cast member I talked to, said she had a map up on her system and that 60s had no standard rooms.

TIA!
If you look at a map of the resort, the back side of building 4 and 5 in the 60's are standard rooms. It's is the corners that face the lake with the walking path. Last 3 times I have stayed there, I have faxed my request asking for building 4 or 5 with no floor preference and have gotten it every time. The last time being Sept 2022. I am heading there in May as well.

If getting up, dressed and fed isn't doable to be in line at 6AM what time do you think you CAN get everyone up, dressed and fed?
After reading these posts getting everyone in line by 6:00 am is going to be rough, I’m wondering if our AM transportation for only 2 park days should be Minnie van- then bus/skyline back for breaks and evening

After reading these posts getting everyone in line by 6:00 am is going to be rough, I’m wondering if our AM transportation for only 2 park days should be Minnie van- then bus/skyline back for breaks and evening
That sounds like a good plan. No need to stress on your vacation.

Unless your goal is to be near the front of the line for RoTR during EE, I don't think there's any need to be in line for Skyliner more than an hour before EE opening time. A few pages back I wrote about our DHS EE experience from last June. Basically, we got in line for Skyliner at about 6:55 (for an 8:00 EE). The line was wrapped back to Bldg. 3 in Pop Century. We were still through security and waiting at the entrance of DHS by 7:22 a.m. We were about 50 people back from the front of the line. We weren't doing RoTR at rope drop (we had ILL for that) so it wasn't critical that we be at the front of the line, but even if we *were* going to RoTR, I think if we were strategic with our positioning once we got through the entrance, we still could have gotten on RoTR during the first 30 minutes or so. But if Minnie Vans are in your budget, that's going to be the easiest thing to do in the morning. But don't stress if you need to use Skyliner.

Unless your goal is to be near the front of the line for RoTR during EE, I don't think there's any need to be in line for Skyliner more than an hour before EE opening time. A few pages back I wrote about our DHS EE experience from last June. Basically, we got in line for Skyliner at about 6:55 (for an 8:00 EE). The line was wrapped back to Bldg. 3 in Pop Century. We were still through security and waiting at the entrance of DHS by 7:22 a.m. We were about 50 people back from the front of the line. We weren't doing RoTR at rope drop (we had ILL for that) so it wasn't critical that we be at the front of the line, but even if we *were* going to RoTR, I think if we were strategic with our positioning once we got through the entrance, we still could have gotten on RoTR during the first 30 minutes or so. But if Minnie Vans are in your budget, that's going to be the easiest thing to do in the morning. But don't stress if you need to use Skyliner.
And a ride on the Skyliner is just such a FUN and PERFECT way to start a Disney Day!!!!:)

For anyone that has stayed at Pop Century recently, how often are you getting housekeeping? During online check-in, it said every other day, but I thought I had read somewhere that housekeeping was resuming every day.

Does anyone recall what time the marshmallow roasting happens in November and December?

Or better yet if anyone has links to historic activity calendars for November and December??
Thank you!

For anyone that has stayed at Pop Century recently, how often are you getting housekeeping? During online check-in, it said every other day, but I thought I had read somewhere that housekeeping was resuming every day.
Currently FULL Housekeeping every other day.

It was LIGHT Housekeeping every other day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter