• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We made our room request when we arrived. No issues. Granted, we didn't ask for a specific room, we only gave criteria, but not a single problem getting exactly what we wanted.

With such a big resort how do you narrow down a request? I originally booked preferred but added a day and only standard was available but now I am seeing there are standard rooms in every building. I am so confused. lol

I put ours in months before our arrival.

How do you request room months in advance? and did yu get exactly the room number you wanted?

With such a big resort how do you narrow down a request? I originally booked preferred but added a day and only standard was available but now I am seeing there are standard rooms in every building. I am so confused. lol

How do you request room months in advance? and did yu get exactly the room number you wanted?
You can request a decade or building. Some people request a specific room using Touring Plans but, all of these are requests only. Pop guest services will do their best to honour requests but nothing is guaranteed, especially as the resort runs at/near capacity at all times. Also the majority of people want similar locations so it is impossible for everyone to have their requests honoured.

If you receive a room assignment and it isn’t anywhere near where you want to be, you may go to the front desk and ask to see if anything else is available with the understanding this may or may not be granted based on availability.

Also, there is a map on the first page that may assist you in adding a request. There are also written descriptions re: closest to…..

When we arrived at the resort, we asked if maybe we could be in the 50's, facing the lake, so we could more easily get to the Skyliner. No issues.

I have our TA add our requests to the reservation whenever I decide where I want to be in the resort. I just add the basics as a request...something like: first floor, close to main building. I also do a fax/email request through the Touring Plans website using their room finder tool. I make sure the requests I have the TA put on our reservation don't contradict the room request through TP. I've had very good luck with my Touring Plans requests always getting either the exact room I request or one very close to it (one or two doors away). I don't ever need a specific room, I just like to be in a certain area. I always include a note with the TP request indicating why the specific room is appealing to us (again, usually something like: first floor, close to main building, etc.) so that the room assignor knows what we're looking for. I know not everyone has been as lucky with requests.

I have our TA add our requests to the reservation whenever I decide where I want to be in the resort. I just add the basics as a request...something like: first floor, close to main building. I also do a fax/email request through the Touring Plans website using their room finder tool. I make sure the requests I have the TA put on our reservation don't contradict the room request through TP. I've had very good luck with my Touring Plans requests always getting either the exact room I request or one very close to it (one or two doors away). I don't ever need a specific room, I just like to be in a certain area. I always include a note with the TP request indicating why the specific room is appealing to us (again, usually something like: first floor, close to main building, etc.) so that the room assignor knows what we're looking for. I know not everyone has been as lucky with requests.

Thanks!
This is helpful.

Since the discontinuation of DME, we’ll be renting a car to drive to Disney (flying into JAX to save $800) and then returning it same day to the National counter at the Car Care Center on property. I assume we can drive to pop and drop the luggage before returning the car without having to pay for parking?

Since the discontinuation of DME, we’ll be renting a car to drive to Disney (flying into JAX to save $800) and then returning it same day to the National counter at the Car Care Center on property. I assume we can drive to pop and drop the luggage before returning the car without having to pay for parking?

Yes you can. If they charge you just have them remove it or tell the person at the guard gate that you will be returning the car and tell the person at checkin if you go to the desk to check in.

I've made requests as much as a year in advance. They add them to your reservation so it can be done at any point. I would do it as early as possible.

LOL Last week I booked Pop for next October 28-Nov 11 and made my very specific room request while I was on with the CM: Building 8, any room between room 9101-9112 as it fits our criteria: ground floor, poolside. Not a popular section so I domt anticipate any issues having my request fulfilled :)

LOL Last week I booked Pop for next October 28-Nov 11 and made my very specific room request while I was on with the CM: Building 8, any room between room 9101-9112 as it fits our criteria: ground floor, poolside. Not a popular section so I domt anticipate any issues having my request fulfilled :)
I wish I had more luck with requesting through a Disney CM over the phone. The two times that I requested through the CM when I booked were my worst locations. I seem to have better luck just requesting via MDE since I like 70s section anyway.

Might just be a typo but the information you gave us conflicting. Building 8, all rooms start with the number 8.

You should be fine with building 8 as it isn’t as popular an area due to the distance to the Skyliner. It’s close to the buses though.

You should be good to get your location once you square up building 8 or 9.

Edit: found my answer on the 1st page! Swear I looked, but just missed it!

Just booked Pop again for our trip in early February. All that was available was a Preferred room, so I snagged it. Haven't ever booked one before!

Question is are all Preferred rooms in the 60s section? Our main request is being close to the Skyliner so the 60s works great for that. Just didn't know if Preferred rooms are in any other locations where I'd need to bother making a request.

If adding room requests to your reservation or faxing etc. then it's important that if you do the online check-in to skip doing any room requests from the site. we found out that this pretty much overrides any other requests. If you do not have a specific building that you want to request then I would suggest requesting something like this:
Corner room close to Generation Gap bridge or 3rd floor room close to Classic Hall etc.

Edit: found my answer on the 1st page! Swear I looked, but just missed it!

Just booked Pop again for our trip in early February. All that was available was a Preferred room, so I snagged it. Haven't ever booked one before!

Question is are all Preferred rooms in the 60s section? Our main request is being close to the Skyliner so the 60s works great for that. Just didn't know if Preferred rooms are in any other locations where I'd need to bother making a request.

I just investigated this because I added a day and had to switch my preferred room to a standard.
and from what I have found there are standard rooms in every building.
Preferred rooms 2queen are in buildings 1, 3 4, 5, 6, and 10. Preferred King beds only in 3, 4, 6, and 10.
there are also,2 other room categories: preferred pool and standard pool

the 60's is building 4+5 so prefferred would be view of lake/skyliner not of the pool

Question about bell services. On our departure day, if I call for bell services to collect our luggage from our room can/will they take it for it to be stored directly from our room while we go about our day until it's time to retrieve it to head to the airport?

Or will we need to go to the front desk with bell services to get. the luggage stored?

Question about bell services. On our departure day, if I call for bell services to collect our luggage from our room can/will they take it for it to be stored directly from our room while we go about our day until it's time to retrieve it to head to the airport?

Or will we need to go to the front desk with bell services to get. the luggage stored?
You will take your luggage to the luggage area at the back of Classic Hall. They will keep your luggage and give you claim tags for you to claim your bags later.

Pictures of this area are on the first page of this thread in post 9.

I am going to be booking 4 rooms for January 2023 for ourselves & our 3 adult children‘s families and want us all to be in the same building and close together. How do I make this request with POP?

Might just be a typo but the information you gave us conflicting. Building 8, all rooms start with the number 8.

You should be fine with building 8 as it isn’t as popular an area due to the distance to the Skyliner. It’s close to the buses though.

You should be good to get your location once you square up building 8 or 9.

Not sure if its building 8 or 9, but its definitely room 9101-9012 I want because we just stayed in 9101 (right next to the giant Walkman lol). We have stayed at Pop 5 times and always ended up in this building but last time was first time we specifically requested it. People say its far from everything but its literally one minute to the busses, 2 mins to dining hall and 5 minutes to Skyliner. Cant wait to go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter