• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Back from a split stay, POP and POFQ.

We were in the 50's building, so location wise for transportation was pretty good. I like it cold when I sleep, and I did not find the AC worked that great, or at least not as good as POFQ, and there are no ceiling fans in POP, but I was able to get a box fan from the Front Desk, and that was a life saver for me.

Edit to add:

Found the mattress on the regular queen bed to be hard as a rock. The mattress on the pull down bed was better. Had to switch with my wife, as it really bothered me the first night.

That's interesting about the mattresses as both beds have the exact same mattress. Maybe the one on the regular bed was recently replaced and just needs to be broken in.

Hey all, curious about something for our upcoming trip. Do the little refrigerators in Pop rooms have one of those small freezer sections to lets say keep an ice pack in over night to prepare for the next day? If not, any suggestions on how to keep a little cooler bag cold for a day in the parks?

Hey all, curious about something for our upcoming trip. Do the little refrigerators in Pop rooms have one of those small freezer sections to lets say keep an ice pack in over night to prepare for the next day? If not, any suggestions on how to keep a little cooler bag cold for a day in the parks?
I dont think so, but you could bring ziplock bags and grab some ice from the food court on your way out? Or use a flat tupperware container to make an ice pack?

Ice machines! 🤦‍♂️of course. I completely forgot about those haha. Thanks for the suggestions!

Hi all! First time posting on this thread, but lurked a bit before our quick trip! Just got back from 2 nights at Pop and had a great time. Still my favorite value for sure!

Stayed with my mom and special needs brother. Requested the 50s or 70s section to be close to the Skyliner as walking a long distance would have been doable, but very tough, after a long day at the park. We got 50s - building 3 (room 3311 to be exact) and really liked the location! Overlooked the bowling pin pool, but if you had a room on the other side you would have gotten a lake view. Maybe a 5 minute walk to the Skyliner and to the main lobby. If you have a car, the parking lot is pretty much a straight shot down the path from the building.

First time staying since remodel. Really liked the space, wood floors, the more modern feel and all the outlets! Thought the beds were super comfortable - no complaints there. I do wish there was maybe touch more of Disney? Thought there could have been something on the wall where the TV is. Full size H2O toiletries in the shower, which I like.

DH and I will be going in February and plan on requesting the same building. Fingers crossed!

Hi all! First time posting on this thread, but lurked a bit before our quick trip! Just got back from 2 nights at Pop and had a great time. Still my favorite value for sure!

Stayed with my mom and special needs brother. Requested the 50s or 70s section to be close to the Skyliner as walking a long distance would have been doable, but very tough, after a long day at the park. We got 50s - building 3 (room 3311 to be exact) and really liked the location! Overlooked the bowling pin pool, but if you had a room on the other side you would have gotten a lake view. Maybe a 5 minute walk to the Skyliner and to the main lobby. If you have a car, the parking lot is pretty much a straight shot down the path from the building.

First time staying since remodel. Really liked the space, wood floors, the more modern feel and all the outlets! Thought the beds were super comfortable - no complaints there. I do wish there was maybe touch more of Disney? Thought there could have been something on the wall where the TV is. Full size H2O toiletries in the shower, which I like.

DH and I will be going in February and plan on requesting the same building. Fingers crossed!
GROOVY!!!!

Another BIG Building 3 fan here!

The view SCREAMS Disney!

1667577024479.png

will be staying at pop first time this February.
Can anyone comment about access to the upper floors? I can’t see an any staircases in any pics. are they located at the end of the building? in the center? elevators? Just wondering which rooms are more convenient to get in and out of

Can anyone comment about access to the upper floors? I can’t see an any staircases in any pics. are they located at the end of the building? in the center? elevators? Just wondering which rooms are more convenient to get in and out of
There are elevators in the middle of the buildings and staircases at the ends. Being older, we take elevator up and stairs down!

Elevators and stairs in the middle (behind the big icon) plus stairs at the ends (hidden in bowling pins or yoyos).

I saw someone asked about ice cream a cpl. pages back, but I don't think it was answered. - Is there any?

What about Dole Whips?

I don't see an option to order either on the app, but I know at some point they were getting Dole Whips and a long timr ago they had hand dipped ice cream.

Any info. would be appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter