Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Hello! I'm about to place an Amazon fresh delivery order. I put that I was a resort guest next to my name and added my cell to the notes in case the driver needs to contact me. Is there anything else I should add to avoid any issues?

Random question, does the gift shop at POP sell postcards? and is there a mailbox at the resort to send postcards? We are heading to WDW on Friday without our littles this time. I was hoping to send them a post card, I think they will love it!
I was just at Pop last week and can definitely confirm they have postcards. And there's a mailbox in the Business Center to send them from. Have a great trip!

I know some people were having issues recently with faxing. FYI, Pop still accepts faxes for room requests. I called the resort, and the fax number they gave me is 407-938-4022. It worked for me.

Update: left them in the ice room on the first floor.

I have some water bottles and Gatorade left if anyone wants them. Will be back in the room at noon. 50s section, building 1

Last edited:
We just returned from a 10 night stay at Pop. We really liked the resort. We had an upgrade to a preferred room, and were in 60's building 5 facing the lake, ground floor. We loved the location being so close to everything, and were very grateful for the pixie dust.

We just returned from a 10 night stay at Pop. We really liked the resort. We had an upgrade to a preferred room, and were in 60's building 5 facing the lake, ground floor. We loved the location being so close to everything, and were very grateful for the pixie dust.
My favourite location. :)
But if you were facing the lake, you were in a standard room.

For anyone there now or recently how has the skylines been with all the rain storms? Just wondering if it has been shutting down frequentl.

Does the resort have any special events or activities on Halloween? We will be there on the 31st and aren’t attending the Halloween party.

For anyone there now or recently how has the skylines been with all the rain storms? Just wondering if it has been shutting down frequentl.
Just returned from an 8 day stay, the skyliners were shut down almost every night of our trip due to thunderstorms. I am not sure if they ever opened back up because we just opted to leave the park early and take a bus back to POP

Just returned from an 8 day stay, the skyliners were shut down almost every night of our trip due to thunderstorms. I am not sure if they ever opened back up because we just opted to leave the park early and take a bus back to POP
We had the same dates! They did open back up but only when the lighting stopped.

We had the same dates! They did open back up but only when the lighting stopped.
Hope this doesn’t happen when I’m there on 9/11...I’m already really disappointed to find out that my favorite quiet pool at CSR is closed for refurbishment it’s the reason I booked there at all.

Ah my bad, I thought all 60's buildings were preferred.

Either way, if we stay again I'd love that location!
Lake side rooms in 50's, 60's and 70's are the best little secret at Pop. Generally quieter than pool side rooms but still a short walk to the main building, and to the bridge. Just a little piece of WDW resort magic at a reasonable price.

Staying in October and the wife will have to work from the resort one day. Any hidden gems for her to work from other than the room? Also she has to start at 6am, is the Classic Hall/Everything Pop seating area open, even if they aren't serving food yet?

Staying in October and the wife will have to work from the resort one day. Any hidden gems for her to work from other than the room? Also she has to start at 6am, is the Classic Hall/Everything Pop seating area open, even if they aren't serving food yet?
I'm not aware of any quiet locations to work other than the room but possibly someone else might have a suggestion. There are some benches scattered outside if she wants to be there. Along the waterfront there are quieter locations but I'm not sure how strong the wifi is and there are not tables.

Classic Hall and Everything Pop will be quite busy and noisy most of the day. It's personal choice but not a place I would choose to work except for the rare quieter moments which may arrive occasionally.

Seating within the food court area is closed until 7AM. Classic Hall has benches which will be open at 6AM but again, this will quickly become a high traffic area.

I'm not sure if other resorts may have areas that are more conducive to working if she'd prefer not to be in the room.

There's a really small "business" center right after you enter the doors that are between the lobby and everything pop. It's not quiet but generally there's no one there. It's where the fuel rod swap machine is. I've also organized my suitcase in there before taking ME back to the airport after a park day.

It's not ideal, but if she just needs a place at 6 to use until everyone is up or out of the room, it would be a decent option for not traffic.

My concern, esp in the room, is if the Wi-Fi is good enough for her to work. I gave up paying bills on my laptop last sept and just used my phone on data. I know some rooms have better connectivity than others. If she's using her phone as a hotspot this won't be a problem. This was also mid day when most will be out and not in their room online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter