Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you both so much for the info! We are in the same category room for both reservations. Sounds like both calling ahead and heading to the front desk at check in is the best thing to do! Thank you again so much!
We are in a similar situation. Our last day will be either an overnight near MCO, or we catch an extra night at Pop (if anyone cancels).

I have had to switch rooms once. We had to break up a 2 week vacation into two parts for a discount and we booked the same type of room for both parts. I asked at the desk to be kept in the same room but unfortunately we had to move to a different room. It was fairly unique situation because the south american tour group was there and they put them in the 60's building right where our room was so we had to move to a room in the 50's. They told me to pack everything and leave it in the room. They said they would move it to the new room. I was extremely doubtful they would actually do it especially since they told us to leave items in the fridge and that they would move that too. They actually did it and put the fridge items into the fridge in the new room. That being said I don't know if they still do it like this since it was pre covid. I think if you book the same level of room you have a very very good chance of not having to move. If that giant tour group wasn't there we would not have had to - also they knew we would not want to be in a room right in the middle of all those kids.
We changed rooms at All-Star Sports once(our choice) and were instructed the same way.

They told us to pack our things,place them in front of the window and open the Curtain.(We left a Tip with our bags.)

We headed on to the Parks that AM and when we got back that PM,everything had been moved.

Just like MAGIC! :)

Hoping someone can give me an idea of what to expect.. We booked an extra night at POP at the beginning of our trip, so now we have two separate reservations. Will we need to switch rooms after that first night? If so, what will we need to do? We plan on going to a park that first full day, so I'm wondering what we will need to do to get our luggage switched over to the new room, or do we just need to leave it with bell services before we head to the parks and pick it up when we get back to the resort? I'm probably waaay overthinking this, but I just want to make sure I'm prepared whatever we need to do! :-)
I did this exact same thing for our upcoming Sept trip... added an extra day at the beginning... I called and asked to combine the two ressies so I wouldn't have to move. The CM did that in about 5 minutes for me. easy as pie. I think I even saved another $10.00. They refunded my 1 night room cost back to my CC, and added the amount to my amount due to be paid in full in August.

I did this exact same thing for our upcoming Sept trip... added an extra day at the beginning... I called and asked to combine the two ressies so I wouldn't have to move. The CM did that in about 5 minutes for me. easy as pie. I think I even saved another $10.00. They refunded my 1 night room cost back to my CC, and added the amount to my amount due to be paid in full in August.

Ahhh yes you can call and ask for them to do that. I was not able to as we had one night longer than the discount would allow. I think we were staying 15 nights. Oh how I wish we could do that again!

Thank you both so much for the info! We are in the same category room for both reservations. Sounds like both calling ahead and heading to the front desk at check in is the best thing to do! Thank you again so much!
When you call, ask them to make it a "continuing reservation." That seemed to be some magic language that helped when we had a similar situation.

Hi everyone! We are staying in Jan. We’ll be renting a car at MCO, driving to Disney, parking for the first night at Pop and then returning it late the next day (after visiting Kennedy Space Centre). Will we only be charged for the one night of parking we use? Or will we be charged parking for every night of our stay?

Hi everyone! We are staying in Jan. We’ll be renting a car at MCO, driving to Disney, parking for the first night at Pop and then returning it late the next day (after visiting Kennedy Space Centre). Will we only be charged for the one night of parking we use? Or will we be charged parking for every night of our stay?

You should only pay for one night but keep an eye on your room charges . They will be visible once you arrive in MDE. If you see charges for additional nights the front desk should be able to refund these. They have no way of knowing you won’t have a car after the first night as many guests arrive and park their car for their stay and use Disney transportation..

We are staying at Pop in the coming week. Is it worth it to upgrade to a Preferred Room vs. Standard room? Thanks!

We are staying at Pop in the coming week. Is it worth it to upgrade to a Preferred Room vs. Standard room? Thanks!
Personally no. We never book anything but standard rooms at Pop.

Also, unless you’ve checked and found surprise availability, it would be almost impossible to change room category for the coming week. Pop is filling to capacity often 8-10 months in advance.

No. We stayed in a standard room last October. Prior to the trip, I had a request for the 60s noted on my reservation. It was honored and we had an awesome ground floor room that was close to everything. We were in Building 5 in room 5123, facing the lake, though it was very much a view of greenery. It was two doors down from the breezeway by Baloo.

Is there an advantage to putting in room requests on the app earlier? I don’t want to start the check-in process yet because I don’t know what my US phone number will be yet (I’ll pick up a SIM when we arrive in America, about 12 days before we get to Disney). Can I check in then, or should I just do it now without the phone number - and can I add it later if I do?

Is there an advantage to putting in room requests on the app earlier? I don’t want to start the check-in process yet because I don’t know what my US phone number will be yet (I’ll pick up a SIM when we arrive in America, about 12 days before we get to Disney). Can I check in then, or should I just do it now without the phone number - and can I add it later if I do?
Room assignments are believed to be done 3-5 days before arrival. When requests are added is not believed to have an influence in which room you are assigned.

You can always go back in and update your check in after you initially do it, to change your email, phone, room preferences, credit card.

1656328650364.png

Does anyone know what kind of coffee creamer they have in the room? If it's just the powder packets, I need to bring something from home.

Morning. We are thinking of staying at Pop next May. We would like to do some days at Universal. Is it easy to find transportation to Universal and maybe Discovery Cove or should we switch to a universal hotel for our universal days. Thanks.

Morning. We are thinking of staying at Pop next May. We would like to do some days at Universal. Is it easy to find transportation to Universal and maybe Discovery Cove or should we switch to a universal hotel for our universal days. Thanks.
I would suggest a Universal hotel. Once there, you’ll have free bus service to and from the parks. We love the Endless Summer resorts & Cabana Bay.

I would suggest a Universal hotel. Once there, you’ll have free bus service to and from the parks. We love the Endless Summer resorts & Cabana Bay.
I was going to recommend the same, especially if you were going to purchase their upgrades that are included with a stay at their hotel. Often those balance one another out, especially when you don't need to factor in cost and time for transportation each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter