Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We bring our own coffee (pre-measured in ziploc baggies) and use bottled water (or melted ice from the ice machines - it's filtered). Don't use tap water.
We've been staying at Pop since it opened and have used their coffee makers as long as they've had them in the rooms. Have always used tap water without problems. If it wasn't drinkable, it would have to be posted as such.

We've been staying at Pop since it opened and have used their coffee makers as long as they've had them in the rooms. Have always used tap water without problems. If it wasn't drinkable, it would have to be posted as such.
I think it’s not that the water isn’t safe it’s that the water isn’t filtered and has that slight sulfur taste common in Florida. It can effect your coffee or tea depending on how sensitive your taste buds are.

I can not use the tap water. I have tried and it’s just a no go. I travel with refillable bottles and go by the food court and fill them from the soda dispensers since it’s required to be filtered.

No problem using that water to make in room coffee or hot water for other stuff.

Last edited:
I think it’s not that the water isn’t safe it’s that the water isn’t filtered and has that slight sulfur taste common in Florida. It can effect your coffee or tea depending on how sensitive your taste buds are.

I can not use the tap water. I have tried and it’s just a no go. I travel with refillable bottles and Ho by the food court and fill them from the soda dispensers since it’s required to be filtered.

No problem using that water to make in room coffee or hot water for other stuff.

Thanks for clarifying. A lot of people new to Pop use this thread to help plan their trips so when someone says ‘Don’t use tap water’ it makes it sound like unsafe, nor just personal taste. I respect your choice to use filtered water.

Of course. I meant WE don't use the tap water... not that it COULDN'T be used

Everyone has their own opinion but if I could choose anywhere it would be in the 70s standard rooms which face the lake. We have stayed preferred a couple times in the 60s section and it can get noisy in rooms which face the pool. We were in 80s building one year and I didn't care for it much. Cutting through the parking lot is great in the daytime, but I didn't like doing so at night. I am a big chicken- I like to stick to well lit areas.
We stayed in the 70's facing the lake back in Dec 2021 and loved the location!

Does anyone with recent experience suggest driving to MK for rope drop or taking the bus? I know when you drive you have to ferry or monorail to the main entrance so that can take up some time. I have read on other sites people lining up for the bus as early as 6 am for a 8:30 early entry. That just seems too early to me. But I could be wrong.

Does anyone with recent experience suggest driving to MK for rope drop or taking the bus? I know when you drive you have to ferry or monorail to the main entrance so that can take up some time. I have read on other sites people lining up for the bus as early as 6 am for a 8:30 early entry. That just seems too early to me. But I could be wrong.
From my experience, if you drive to the TTC you'll be behind the buses crowds. And yes it's early but if you wait for later, you might be 3 or 4 buses deep in line at the bus stop.

The bus is much more direct. Yes, if you wish to be towards the front of the crowds for rope drop you will want to arrive at the bus 90 mins before ETPE begins.

If you wish to drive and be towards the front of the crowds, you would need to start driving at almost the same time as you would line up for the bus, if not earlier. When driving you need to leave time for the drive, wait at parking, parking, walk/tram to TTC, monorail or ferry to MK.

All in all the bus is much easier and will get you there probably earlier than driving.

Can someone update me the latest on Mousekeeping. Do they stop in every other day, daily, or only if called? Arriving next Wednesday.

Can someone update me the latest on Mousekeeping. Do they stop in every other day, daily, or only if called? Arriving next Wednesday.
Rooms are no longer cleaned. It may come back at some point but to date, this service is not in place at Pop. Security may check your room each day. Sometimes they remove towels and garbage.

If you wish additional towels, coffee supplies or to have garbage removed more frequently, you may call the front desk.

Hoping someone can give me an idea of what to expect.. We booked an extra night at POP at the beginning of our trip, so now we have two separate reservations. Will we need to switch rooms after that first night? If so, what will we need to do? We plan on going to a park that first full day, so I'm wondering what we will need to do to get our luggage switched over to the new room, or do we just need to leave it with bell services before we head to the parks and pick it up when we get back to the resort? I'm probably waaay overthinking this, but I just want to make sure I'm prepared whatever we need to do! :-)

Hoping someone can give me an idea of what to expect.. We booked an extra night at POP at the beginning of our trip, so now we have two separate reservations. Will we need to switch rooms after that first night? If so, what will we need to do? We plan on going to a park that first full day, so I'm wondering what we will need to do to get our luggage switched over to the new room, or do we just need to leave it with bell services before we head to the parks and pick it up when we get back to the resort? I'm probably waaay overthinking this, but I just want to make sure I'm prepared whatever we need to do! :-)
Are both rooms the same category? If so, Pop will do their best to keep you in the same room but if not possible they will let you know. In this situation, I would advise calling in and adding a note to your reservation, advising of both numbers and requesting if possible that you stay in the same room. Also, stopping by the front desk on your arrival day wouldn't hurt as you could request keeping the same room.

I'm not sure about luggage but hopefully someone else here can help you with that.

I have had to switch rooms once. We had to break up a 2 week vacation into two parts for a discount and we booked the same type of room for both parts. I asked at the desk to be kept in the same room but unfortunately we had to move to a different room. It was fairly unique situation because the south american tour group was there and they put them in the 60's building right where our room was so we had to move to a room in the 50's. They told me to pack everything and leave it in the room. They said they would move it to the new room. I was extremely doubtful they would actually do it especially since they told us to leave items in the fridge and that they would move that too. They actually did it and put the fridge items into the fridge in the new room. That being said I don't know if they still do it like this since it was pre covid. I think if you book the same level of room you have a very very good chance of not having to move. If that giant tour group wasn't there we would not have had to - also they knew we would not want to be in a room right in the middle of all those kids.

I have had to switch rooms once. We had to break up a 2 week vacation into two parts for a discount and we booked the same type of room for both parts. I asked at the desk to be kept in the same room but unfortunately we had to move to a different room. It was fairly unique situation because the south american tour group was there and they put them in the 60's building right where our room was so we had to move to a room in the 50's. They told me to pack everything and leave it in the room. They said they would move it to the new room. I was extremely doubtful they would actually do it especially since they told us to leave items in the fridge and that they would move that too. They actually did it and put the fridge items into the fridge in the new room. That being said I don't know if they still do it like this since it was pre covid. I think if you book the same level of room you have a very very good chance of not having to move. If that giant tour group wasn't there we would not have had to - also they knew we would not want to be in a room right in the middle of all those kids.
You don't see the large South American groups anymore. I read somewhere that Brazil's failing economy has put paid to a lot of that.

Are both rooms the same category? If so, Pop will do their best to keep you in the same room but if not possible they will let you know. In this situation, I would advise calling in and adding a note to your reservation, advising of both numbers and requesting if possible that you stay in the same room. Also, stopping by the front desk on your arrival day wouldn't hurt as you could request keeping the same room.

I'm not sure about luggage but hopefully someone else here can help you with that.

Thank you both so much for the info! We are in the same category room for both reservations. Sounds like both calling ahead and heading to the front desk at check in is the best thing to do! Thank you again so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter