Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

In the past im talking a few years back (unless something changed) I was planning a trip that was delayed until our new upcoming trip, i have reservations tickets everything right now. But i also booked with RACK RATES. So if a promo comes between now and departure how does one apply it? in the past i remember them saying (CM) you need to cancel your reservation? and then immediately book it again (take your chance you dont lose your unit) If it gets fully booked im curious as to how one would get the promo applied ? or are you stuck just getting rack rates. 8-10 months FULL NO promos would be available for those bookings ?

If a Special Offer drops (and yes, sometimes these still include Pop) my routine is:

1. Go into MDE and see if I have a change button beside your current booking. If so, click it and see if there is a price change available on your existing reservation.

2. If change button isn’t there, try to price out a new reservation totally separate from your existing reservation. See what the price is. If it’s less you can book a new reservation and cancel your first one.

3. Call Disney.

I will say for our Jan/Feb trip earlier this year a special offer did drop but available dates at Pop were extremely limited due to Pop’s popularity. I looked within an hour of the offer dropping and could not find anything for our dates. A special offer dropping that includes your dates does not guarantee availability for all dates within the range.

Hope this helps.

Is the 70s area of the hotel exclusively preferred, or can I request one of the 70s buildings as I picked a standard room? Also, is it possible to request a building that isnt preferred. For example, #9 building which is in the 80s area for faster access to the lobby? :)

Is the 70s area of the hotel exclusively preferred, or can I request one of the 70s buildings as I picked a standard room? Also, is it possible to request a building that isnt preferred. For example, #9 building which is in the 80s area for faster access to the lobby? :)
Hi, just want to suggest that you check out touring plans room finder. You can filter buildings/rooms by room type, and also see views from specific rooms, etc.

Here's the link, https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-pop-century-resort

There are standard rooms in every building.

Oh I see, I thought the preferred areas like the 60s were preferred rooms only.
Everyone has their own opinion but if I could choose anywhere it would be in the 70s standard rooms which face the lake. We have stayed preferred a couple times in the 60s section and it can get noisy in rooms which face the pool. We were in 80s building one year and I didn't care for it much. Cutting through the parking lot is great in the daytime, but I didn't like doing so at night. I am a big chicken- I like to stick to well lit areas.

The back sides of the 60's buildings are standard rooms and is my favorite location -- close to the pool but not overlooking it so no noise issues; close to the main building; and now also close to Skyliner. Every section has standard rooms. There is a map on post #2 of this thread that shows where the preferred rooms are located in each section.

Originally,when Pop Century opened in 2003,the 1960s was entirely Preferred and everything else at the Resort was Standard.

As Disney loves changes,as time went on,they made the 1950s,1960s and 1970s "mixtures" of Preferred and Standard rooms.

When i booked i had a drop down options requests on disneygo app....Doesnt mean for sure , I believe, but gave me an option for building preferences i had 50's or 70's to choose from. not sure if thats because of accessible room option. Not really sure what that means. But i picked 70's. Would have preffered the 60's for our little ones mobility issues but I will take whatever i can get that helps. 60's is the preffered i believe with an additional price tag attached couldnt afford to pay that amount extra so will muck our way through it somehow.

Everyone has their own opinion but if I could choose anywhere it would be in the 70s standard rooms which face the lake. We have stayed preferred a couple times in the 60s section and it can get noisy in rooms which face the pool. We were in 80s building one year and I didn't care for it much. Cutting through the parking lot is great in the daytime, but I didn't like doing so at night. I am a big chicken- I like to stick to well lit areas.
:0 ohhh man that would be amazing to have a room that had a view of the lake I am (based off what i know) i have requested the 70's rooms as thats all i had to choose from or the 50's WIsh we could figure out what rooms we got? or if we could request lake facing etc. may call later when i have my big list of questions ....dont want to call every other day and annoy people lol

When i booked i had a drop down options requests on disneygo app....Doesnt mean for sure , I believe, but gave me an option for building preferences i had 50's or 70's to choose from. not sure if thats because of accessible room option. Not really sure what that means. But i picked 70's. Would have preffered the 60's for our little ones mobility issues but I will take whatever i can get that helps. 60's is the preffered i believe with an additional price tag attached couldnt afford to pay that amount extra so will muck our way through it somehow.
Please read the posts on page 1 as the information there is current and up to date.

The only 2 options on the app are 50’s and 70’s but you may call and request any decade. Just a heads up though that the more requests you add the more challenging it is to meet all requests and you may not get all your requests so it’s really best to narrow it down to one or two.

As shared recently, Pop is running at/near capacity so it’s challenging as many guests request the same areas.

As @maggnanimouse shared above, the touring plans link can help. A ‘lake view’ room is often hindered by a lot of foliage growth so you’ll want to be aware of that too. (Scrolling back a page or 2 in this thread I shared a pic).

Rooms are not assigned until a few days before arrival so at this point an actual room or decade has only been assigned to gusts arriving within the next few days.

Honestly Pop is a great resort and not huge so the majority of rooms are great!

Also, any rooms on the map on page 1 that does not have a coloured line beside it is a standard roo. There are some in all buildings.

I would recommend using the maps on page 1 to help you but truly not stress about it too much. If you arrive and would like a different location you may request it at guest services. They will do their best to accommodate.

Please read the posts on page 1 as the information there is current and up to date.

The only 2 options on the app are 50’s and 70’s but you may call and request any decade. Just a heads up though that the more requests you add the more challenging it is to meet all requests and you may not get all your requests so it’s really best to narrow it down to one or two.

As shared recently, Pop is running at/near capacity so it’s challenging as many guests request the same areas.

As @maggnanimouse shared above, the touring plans link can help. A ‘lake view’ room is often hindered by a lot of foliage growth so you’ll want to be aware of that too. (Scrolling back a page or 2 in this thread I shared a pic).

Rooms are not assigned until a few days before arrival so at this point an actual room or decade has only been assigned to gusts arriving within the next few days.

Honestly Pop is a great resort and not huge so the majority of rooms are great!

Also, any rooms on the map on page 1 that does not have a coloured line beside it is a standard roo. There are some in all buildings.

I would recommend using the maps on page 1 to help you but truly not stress about it too much. If you arrive and would like a different location you may request it at guest services. They will do their best to accommodate.
Yes mam. I am actually reading your AMAZING! detailed with pictures post as we speak. TBH as i have mentioned many times we are a modest family of 3 Our expectations are low as we just want to live and have a great time. EVERYTHING and anything BIG or SMALL that adds to or enhances the experience is just bonus for us. Im just nervous about the OVERALL experience and I know it differs person to person.

Thank you for this great post. XD I know i will or may have more questions as time goes by.

Yes mam. I am actually reading your AMAZING! detailed with pictures post as we speak. TBH as i have mentioned many times we are a modest family of 3 Our expectations are low as we just want to live and have a great time. EVERYTHING and anything BIG or SMALL that adds to or enhances the experience is just bonus for us. Im just nervous about the OVERALL experience and I know it differs person to person.

Thank you for this great post. XD I know i will or may have more questions as time goes by.
Questions are always welcome, we’re just trying to help you with information that will give you immediate answers on page 1.

In the part guests could list a number of requests they wanted but with Pop’s popularity it means narrowing down room requests.

I keep an eye on the incoming questions and update the posts on page 1 based on questions people have if they would help a number of guests. Keep your questions coming and we’ll do our best to answer.

Pop is an amazing resort and we (the Pop family here) are sure you’ll have a great time!!

I love reading posts of deluxe families who ‘settle’ for a night at Pop and become instant converts. I’m not saying this is you (totally not us either!) but we see it often. Hopefully you love your stay there too!!

We are going in August and plan to be at the pools a lot. Do they play themed music at each pool, or is music only at Hippy Dippy?

Are you able to get just hot water from the in room coffee machines? Does it taste like coffee?
Yes, you can use the coffee maker to make tea or hot water. My DD doesn’t like coffee but does like the tea. Honestly not sure if it has a mild coffee taste as I wouldn’t taste it. Sorry. Hopefully someone else can help with this.

Yes, you can use the coffee maker to make tea or hot water. My DD doesn’t like coffee but does like the tea. Honestly not sure if it has a mild coffee taste as I wouldn’t taste it. Sorry. Hopefully someone else can help with this.
We bring our own coffee (pre-measured in ziploc baggies) and use bottled water (or melted ice from the ice machines - it's filtered). Don't use tap water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter