• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I was just atPoP Easter Sunday for one night.
Coming from MK the bus stop has been moved up closer to the very front ! Maybe they were having too many problems at that far end location with different resort guests merging late at night park closing .. Or maybe the double length busses are needed and easier for bus drivers to glide into their parking spot.

We had no issues with DS buses from Pop. They came pretty frequently during every trip. Coming back to Pop, the Pop bus is one of the longest walks. You pretty much will walk past every other resort bus stop before you get to Pop's. Art of Animation bus depot is right beside Pop so feel free to take the AofA bus if it comes quicker. The walk through AoA back to Pop is a nice one if nobody has any mobility issues.
Oh yes perfect. I almost forgot about taking the AOA bus. Thanks!

We returned today from our stay at POP and we loved it! We are deluxe people and I was not sure how we’d feel about POP, but it was great! The room was small, but it was just right for two people. Had my sons been along, it would’ve been too tight for two adults and two 15-year-olds. The addition of the Skyliner is great and it makes getting to two parks quick and convenient. It makes me only want to stay at a Skyliner resort in the future. I loved the food court and all the options! My DH and I will definitely be back!

On a side note, our plane only landed after 11:00pm and we arrived after midnight. I never got a room ready text or had a room number showing in MDE. We had to go to the front desk and there were only two CMs working and both were helping other guests. I think both parties must have been having issues because we waited well over 30 minutes for someone to help us. A third CM finally came from somewhere and was so sweet and apologetic. We were assigned a room in the 90’s section, but she was able to move us to the 60’s section. Our new room location was perfect!

Thanks for answering my questions over the last few months! We had a great trip!
Wooohooo!! Glad you had such a fun stay at Pop. We are normally Deluxe people also but after our great stay at Pop in March, I know we will return. Loved so much about the room and the fun vibe at Pop!

Hi! Staying one night at Pop before checking in Poly next Friday. It’s just DH and I and we want to go to Disney Springs that night. How are the Springs buses? Debating booking disney springs hotel to walk instead.

Thanks
We were able to get a bus easily to DS while on our trip during early March. The only time we had an issue with a bus was an early morning for MK, it was almost 30 min late. We heard someone say the bus broke down but I just don't know what to think about that - it would seem like there are many buses that could head over to Pop, but what do I know! It was frustrating for sure, but things happen everywhere. We are normally Deluxe people but we very much enjoyed our stay at Pop. We will return!

Question about using magic bands for buying goods. For example I set up a credit card to my magicband and use it to buy a T-shirt from one of the park's gift shops. Does the purchase get directly charged to my bank? Or does it get charged to my room? I keep seeing comments from people about paying a bill at check out. I've already paid for the room and our tickets seeing how Disney requires payment 30 days out from your trip. Or do things only get charged to your room if purchase something from the resort your staying at.

Question about using magic bands for buying goods. For example I set up a credit card to my magicband and use it to buy a T-shirt from one of the park's gift shops. Does the purchase get directly charged to my bank? Or does it get charged to my room? I keep seeing comments from people about paying a bill at check out. I've already paid for the room and our tickets seeing how Disney requires payment 30 days out from your trip. Or do things only get charged to your room if purchase something from the resort your staying at.

When you're a Disney resort guest, you can use a Magic Band for purchases (in parks, at hotels, etc.) and they will be added to your resort folio (a.k.a "charge it to the room"). When you leave/check out, anything on the folio gets charged to the credit card on file.

When you check in, they will place a $100 hold on your card — the charges to your band come off of that — not sure if that’s changed recently!

When you're a Disney resort guest, you can use a Magic Band for purchases (in parks, at hotels, etc.) and they will be added to your resort folio (a.k.a "charge it to the room"). When you leave/check out, anything on the folio gets charged to the credit card on file.
To piggy back off of this if you want to pay with another form of payment you can go to the front desk and pay for it with another credit/debit card and possibly cash? Not sure about cash in this post covid world.

Just a heads up that depending on the length of your trip or the amount charged to your room, Pop may charge your CC during your trip. I'm not sure if there is a $$ amount before it is charged or a certain number of days.

I will say my experience has varied too. In 2019 we had a 9 night trip and our CC was charged after about 4 days and then at the end.

This past January (2022) we had another 9 night trip and charged about the same amount to my cc and it wasn't charged until the very end of our trip.

My recommendation is if you wish to pay things off before they reach your cc, go to the main desk at Pop and pay off your room charges ever 3 or so days to be on the safe side.

Pop has cribs available for the rooms right? I know they have bed rails but one of our kids will be closer to a year old and not ready for the bed yet.

Just a heads up that depending on the length of your trip or the amount charged to your room, Pop may charge your CC during your trip. I'm not sure if there is a $$ amount before it is charged or a certain number of days.

I will say my experience has varied too. In 2019 we had a 9 night trip and our CC was charged after about 4 days and then at the end.

This past January (2022) we had another 9 night trip and charged about the same amount to my cc and it wasn't charged until the very end of our trip.

My recommendation is if you wish to pay things off before they reach your cc, go to the main desk at Pop and pay off your room charges ever 3 or so days to be on the safe side.
Good to know thank you.

I do have another question about magic bands. I used my discover card to pay for the room and the tickets. Is it possible to change cards if I do want to use my magic band for purchases? At least for mobile ordering and genie+. I rather use my banking card for that.

I did read you need to go the front desk add other cards to link to different magic bands for other members in your party. I'm amusing this would be the case if one wanted to change their the card on file.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter