• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

LOL, that's too bad- I did at least like that the buses played the theme song to "Grease" more than once.

Art of Animation was the one that really ground my gears last time, as I had to stay in the main hall for an hour once and I swear they play the same four songs over and over again.

This is why my daughter won’t ever stay at AoA! The sound track drives her crazy! We usually stay in 50’s at pop which has a much better sound track lol

One fun memory I have is being on a Pop bus when the Lavern and Shirley theme song came on. It was a great time of the adults all singing along as our teens/tweens pretended they didn't know us! :) It was followed by a few other sing-a-long songs and was a time of such fun with total strangers!

Same thing happened to us and my daughter thought we had lost our minds. She had never heard of it lol

The music is part of why I love staying in the 50s. Such a fun way to start or end my walk to/from wherever.
Same here!

Below is "my" Bench where I sit with my Coffee and listen to Elvis Presley and all the great artists on the 1950s Soundtrack.
There is a speaker behind the bench and one right across the walkway at Bowling Pool-stereo!lol.

The Classic Hall Soundtrack is also amazing-I always try to catch Harvest Moon by Neil Young a few times each trip!

Neil Young and Disney World-FAR OUT!!!!

1648915136383.png

Okay despite multiple trips to POP over the years I don't think I ever noticed each area having its own soundtrack. I guess because I mostly use hotels as a "home base" and then bail for the parks, lol.

Same here!

Below is "my" Bench where I sit with my Coffee and listen to Elvis Presley and all the great artists on the 1950s Soundtrack.
There is a speaker behind the bench and one right across the walkway at Bowling Pool-stereo!lol.

The Classic Hall Soundtrack is also amazing-I always try to catch Harvest Moon by Neil Young a few times each trip!

Neil Young and Disney World-FAR OUT!!!!

View attachment 659469

this is the bench I always sit on when waiting on my daughter to finish getting ready! It is a great place to listen to the music I agree!

Whoa, I must have gotten very unlucky with the hour+ I was in Classic Hall!
Most of what I heard were late 90-ish and not great or classic or enjoyable -- the songs I heard were symbolic of the era in that they were overplayed. I have to say this again: I heard the Dawson's Creek song ("I don't want to wait...") twice that day, and there's no reason that should ever happen. I need someone to agree with me on that. I swear I also heard Nickelback.

I'm relieved to hear that this isn't a 24/7resort-wide issue..maybe Classic Hall just cycles through each decade and I caught the worst of it, which was magnified because IIRC the main pool was playing the same songs but much louder?

It’s so funny how people complain that new Disney hotels/renovations are too bland then turn around and complain how much a resort is leaning into its theme and needs to tone it down
I'm not complaining about a resort leaning into its theme -- I really enjoy themed resorts and their details but also have never said any reno is too bland -- it's just that I was surprised at the choice of songs and how much it affected me...sort of laughing at myself...as others have pointed out, resort music isn't something that's often top of mind when you're choosing a place to stay, but it often plays a role, however small, in the experience.

Just back from a split stay for Springtime Surprise weekend. Spent our first few nights at POP (Thurs-Sun) and had a great stay. When we got to the resort, our room wasn’t ready yet but the woman at the check in desk called and found a room that was ready and open for us. Since I was there for the race, she asked the person on the phone who assigns rooms to get me a room in 90s since it was close to the bus stop where the RunDisney buses would be picking up. She got us 9324 which was right on the inner corner (near the elevator hallway) and was perfect. Super easy walk down to the buses and because it was on the corner, we only had one neighbor so noise was at a minimum!

The room was clean and exactly what I’d expect out of a stay there.

Always love a good stay at POP.

Just finished up our stay at Pop - part one of a split stay. We had an amazing room…requested first floor close to the Skyliner and that’s what we got: 60s building 4, about 6 rooms away from the Skyliner bridge. Very convenient to everything!

The Skyliner is a complete game changer for us. So fast, rarely a wait, and so enjoyable. I hope Disney invests and expands it to more parks and more resorts!

Pop was a lot of fun. Hippy Dippy was always crowded with lots of kiddos so our older teens teens enjoyed the pool near the 80s.

The room was small, but the beds were comfortable and the storage was absolutely ingenious. SO. MUCH. STORAGE. We planned our long park days to coincide with our Pop stay so we weren’t in the room a ton.

Cast members at Everything Pop we’re very friendly, and we had housekeeping stop by 3 out of 5 days, including a wipe/towels/sheets/beds made on day 4…even though we were checking out the next morning. I did miss having the beds made daily. Without a regular fitted sheet they got messed up every night and we could never get them just right. But, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Overall we had a lovely time and wish we were planning to head “home” to Pop soon!

Hi, staying with my party of 6. Booked 2 adjoining rooms at Pop. Does anyone know if all connecting rooms have 1 room with 1 queen bed and the other with a King? Or is it 2 rooms with 2 queen beds? Tia!

Hi, staying with my party of 6. Booked 2 adjoining rooms at Pop. Does anyone know if all connecting rooms have 1 room with 1 queen bed and the other with a King? Or is it 2 rooms with 2 queen beds? Tia!

The vast majority of rooms at Pop are 2 queen beds. There are a few King rooms although these are often accessible rooms.

You may request a king + queen but there is no guarantee.

Also, I notice you used the term that you ‘booked 2 adjoining rooms.’ Adjoining rooms can be requested but are never guaranteed and, you may wish to update your request to connecting rooms. If connecting rooms are the most important thing, you may wish to list that as your only request. Another option is if you arrive and your rooms are not connecting, you may wish to enquire at the front desk to see if the could possibly move you.

Oddly specific question here. When you get to the resort by car on your check-in day. If you have done online check-in do you have to stop by the guard's gate or can you use the middle lane where you just scan your magic band?

Oddly specific question here. When you get to the resort by car on your check-in day. If you have done online check-in do you have to stop by the guard's gate or can you use the middle lane where you just scan your magic band?
You have to stop at the guard gate on your arrival entry. We tried it - even had our room number already - and it didn’t work.

You have to stop at the guard gate on your arrival entry. We tried it - even had our room number already - and it didn’t work.

Yup, I've made that mistake, too. The signs are not super clear - I thought since we'd done online check in we were "registered guests", but nope.

If you need to go to the front desk to say request a different room, building, pay down your balance with gift cards.... Are the lines long?

If you need to go to the front desk to say request a different room, building, pay down your balance with gift cards.... Are the lines long?
Depending on the time of day... Yes! Sometimes crazy long. But the CM's there really do their best to move things along.

What time of day is best, you ask? After 11PM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter