Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We are planning our stay in May and was wondering if housekeeping will come daily to provide fresh towels and make the beds?

Hi everyone! My daughter and I will be staying at Pop for the first time this May (3 nights, and then transfer to SSR). Can you answer some questions for me?

1. Skyliner - we intend on being at skyliner 90 minutes before ETPE to get to HS. Based on park hours, though, this will be about the same time we need to make our LL selections for the day. What is the Wifi like near the skyliner entrance? We are Canadian so I don't mind using my data but it will be $$$, and I also heard the app is more reliable on wifi when using Android phones (???)

2. We are changing resorts the same morning we are going to RD at HS (lol, bad planning). I heard we can call bell services the night before to arrange a time to have our luggage collected, but are they pretty reliable? Or would it be better/worse to head down to bell services at like...6:30am with all our stuff? We will want to be at the skyliner around 7am. I don't want to have to be up that much earlier, but I'll do it if it makes sense!

Thanks! :flower1:

I don't know if Canadian cell service is different but I have an android phone and never use the wifi when I am at the parks or in my hotel room. I find it just isn't reliable so I always use my data. I don't know what that would cost though.

As for bell services, I would just take my luggage there at 6:30am. It probably won't have a long line at that time so it should be fairly easy to drop off and go about your day.

It costs about $12/day to use my data in the USA. Thanks for letting me know your android works just fine - I had heard that the MDE app wasn't working so well with Android users on their data (?) but maybe that was just a weird glitch.

Also thanks for the feedback re: bell services. We'll just plan to make that a super early morning, haha...

Hi everyone! My daughter and I will be staying at Pop for the first time this May (3 nights, and then transfer to SSR). Can you answer some questions for me?

1. Skyliner - we intend on being at skyliner 90 minutes before ETPE to get to HS. Based on park hours, though, this will be about the same time we need to make our LL selections for the day. What is the Wifi like near the skyliner entrance? We are Canadian so I don't mind using my data but it will be $$$, and I also heard the app is more reliable on wifi when using Android phones (???)

2. We are changing resorts the same morning we are going to RD at HS (lol, bad planning). I heard we can call bell services the night before to arrange a time to have our luggage collected, but are they pretty reliable? Or would it be better/worse to head down to bell services at like...6:30am with all our stuff? We will want to be at the skyliner around 7am. I don't want to have to be up that much earlier, but I'll do it if it makes sense!

Thanks! :flower1:
I am Canadian also so understand the cost of data. Thankfully my carrier just changed their plan to $8/day which for me was worth it so I budgeted and used data and it was SO nice not relying on sporadic Disney wifi.

I just asked my daughter and she thinks she had wifi in line for the Skyliner but she’s not positive.

Just a heads up that you may want to check in advance Re:luggage drop off for transfers. Not sure if you’ll leave you luggage at the front or back luggage services. I’m almost positive it’s at the back as you’re leaving Pop but better to ask.

Yeah, I may just cough up the $12 that morning. Luckily we have a few mornings before that to figure out the lay of the land and how spotty the wifi will be.

Good idea re: confirming where to drop off the luggage. I'll do that! TY

Just back from our stay at Pop. We were there March 2-10th. It’s taken me a week to post this because we came home SICK!

We’ve stayed at Pop every year since it opened until we took a break the last 3 years due to a kid in college and covid. But we’ve had MANY stays at Pop and my kids have sort of grown up there over the years so it’s special to us for that reason.
It was SOOOO nice to be back it felt like going home! I worried about many things with this trip and the lack of Disney magic was on of them but I just felt so at home being back at Pop. Yes, there are resorts that are nicer and fancier and we’ve had a few short trips to some of those but this place like I said has a special place from so many past trips. When we arrived via Tiffany Town car our room wasn’t ready but as we stored our luggage and grabbed a drink etc I just felt all the planning stress melt away and had this feeling of everything is going to good!!

I had requested 1st floor that was my one and only request. I use a scooter and find it convenient I don’t need a handicap room but do like 1st floor with the scooter. That didn’t happen we ended up with 2nd floor which wasn’t the end of the world and by the time we got back from the parks at 8pm our luggage had already been put in our room and we were too tired to go ask for anything else. The room was in the 70’s big wheel building at the farthest end. So, we ended up closest to the 90’s pool.

The room was nice and clean and we had no issues with it though we did notice that the murphy bed coming down was VERY noisy something we hadn’t had issue with on past trips.
The buses were good and came quickly when we used them. And we only ate at the food court twice once for breakfast and once for dinner and both were fine. My husband said the menu wasn’t as good as past trips but I didn’t notice it.

This was our 1st trip with the skyliner and we had the scooter too but we really liked it. the morning lines were long and we thought that we got lucky our 1st morning because the regular Skyliner line was huge but the scooter one was separate and much much shorter but it turned out that we waited longer because it was so much slower moving. We didn’t mind but it was just funny arriving and thinking we got lucky and then realizing nope! LOL
We did feel bad for the folks walking over for the skyliner from Art of Animation and seeing their faces as they saw where the line started! They had quite a hike just to get to the end of the Skyliner line over by the bowling pins at the 50’s section of Pop.

Also, we didn’t rope drop HS or Epcot so I can’t report on the timing of that. Sorry. (rope dropped MK twice) We ended up doing those parks in the afternoons/evenings. stacking LL’s etc. We did walk right on the skyliner leaving Epcot two different nights right at 9pm and watched the Fireworks from above which was cool. And I do like entering Epcot at the back of the park.

Also, skyliner related we were in Epcot the night of the major rain/flooding! WOW! And we were in the Creations gift shop waiting for family to meet up so we could all ride Test Track! Well, the rain hit and it was 8pm and we knew TT wasn’t going to open so we wanted to just head back to the hotel but we also knew the skyliner wasn’t going to be running. Unsure of if we should go to the front or back of park (Beach Club) for a bus we asked a store worker who grabbed a manager with an ipad and she looked at something and said front of park.
Our family members were at the back of the park and they exited to the Beach Club to see about either a bus or an uber. So basically, we tested out both exits! Lol DH and I got through the downpour and to the bus at the front and my son and his girlfriend went to the Beach Club where they wouldn’t let them into the hotel! CM’s at the doors to BC weren’t letting people enter. They didn’t know if they were guests of that hotel or not just looking at them but weren’t letting them in. I’m not sure how they finally got in but they did and turns out they had buses running from there also for the skyliner resorts so they ended up getting back to Pop before us! (we had lingered in gift shop hoping it would die down., it didn’t)
But I wanted to let people know about the buses at both the front and at the BC though I do not understand why CM’s weren’t letting people into the hotel there.

One last thing was that my son and his girlfriend were at Pop March 5-10 so a few nights less then us and she had never been to Disney before and she was impressed with the hotel and the rooms she commented that the rooms were in such good shape.

But they did have issues checking in. I had ordered them both magic bands for pick up at the resort and I had done it at different times trying to get the magic bands we wanted (cheap plain colored ones lol) and upon arrival they had hers but not his. After way too long of them checking in back and looking into it they said that the purchase never went through on my credit card and sent me to the gift shop where I had to spend $20 on a plain colored band.
Then off to the parks and they had recieved welcome texts and your room isn't ready texts a couple times that morning (very early flight) and that was fine we were in the parks and they were in no hurry for their room. However at 6-7pm when we got back to Pop still no room ready text so went to the lobby and waited in a long line and got the room number. Up to their room only to find out that their bands won't open the door! Back to the lobby and another long line only to be told that their bands weren't coded yet. ? This was all very frustrating at almost 8pm after being up and traveling since 3am!

With that said we still loved our stay at Pop and I think its going to be hard to stay at All Stars without the skyliner on a potential large family trip in the fall. So I'm working on switching it to Pop!

Sorry this was SO LONG! But I love reading peoples just back reports.
Great to read your report. We would be visiting in a good week. Also have a scooter. You say you need to stand in a different line at the skyliner for the scooters. Is this clearly signposted? Are we still allowed to stand in the normal queue (seeing as this moves faster)? I have a 3 wheeled smaller type of scooter. Is it a diffent queue again at the transfer point at Carribean beach?

Great to read your report. We would be visiting in a good week. Also have a scooter. You say you need to stand in a different line at the skyliner for the scooters. Is this clearly signposted? Are we still allowed to stand in the normal queue (seeing as this moves faster)? I have a 3 wheeled smaller type of scooter. Is it a diffent queue again at the transfer point at Carribean beach?
I'm not positive about the signage. The loading location for scooters at Pop is just past the other line.

The reason scooters board in a different location is that the cars for scooters are pulled off the line come to a full stop to allow scooters/wheelchairs to enter and exit a car that is completely stopped without stopping the entire line. The challenge using the regular line (if allowed) is that I don't believe there is room inside a Skyliner call to turn around so either entering or exiting the car would need to be done backwards from a car that is moving or, then entire line will need to be stopped which they try to avoid.

Okay so how do I get to that seperate line when there is already a long normal line queueing on the footpaths of POP? Do i need to ask them to move over to get pass them.....not something I feel like doing (don't want grumpy people for the start of our day already)

Okay so how do I get to that seperate line when there is already a long normal line queueing on the footpaths of POP? Do i need to ask them to move over to get pass them.....not something I feel like doing (don't want grumpy people for the start of our day already)
When we were there last, the scooters waited in line with everyone else. When they got up to the loading CM they would be moved to the scooter loading area. This was the same for all locations with the exception of the Riviera. If I remember correctly, there is not a place to pull cabins off the line at the Riviera so the line comes to a stop to load/unload scooters.

Also, When they pull you out of the line your complete party will go with you so that you’re still riding in the same cabin together.

When we were there last, the scooters waited in line with everyone else. When they got up to the loading CM they would be moved to the scooter loading area. This was the same for all locations with the exception of the Riviera. If I remember correctly, there is not a place to pull cabins off the line at the Riviera so the line comes to a stop to load/unload scooters.
How long ago were you last there? I know they combined lines for awhile after the reopening but my friend who was just there a month ago, staying at AoA, said it is now back to being two separate lines. I also saw that to be true while watching a livestream this past weekend.

Last edited:
At this time, towels and garbage are removed every-other day but those are the only housekeeping services offered at Pop at this time. There has been no announcement of when other services may be returned.
I declined when I did early check in I declined as I figured the site had not been updated post covid. I hope we will be able to get towels, trash and more coffee supplies.

We were there March 2-10th for 8 park days and we park hopped each day so we rode the skyliner at some point every single day.
The line for the scooters was separate on the bridge the line and at park opening it was long but yet still short enough that it was on the bridge whereas the park opening lines for everyone else stretched down towards the bowling pins. The line was easy to find and very obvious. We were new to the skyliner and had no issues. But for all 8 days scooters and wheelchairs had their own line. At slow times in the afternoons it was usually just a "ride/walk on" with no line.

And yes they stop the cabin and you drive straight in and then your party boards with you and when you get off your party exits and you back straight out. I LOVED IT! it was SOOOOOOO much easier then loading and unloading on the buses!! Also at CB where you switch they had separate lines for scooters/wheelchairs and the longest we waited was just one or two in front of us there.

How long ago were you last there? I know they combined lines for awhile after the reopening but my friend who was just there a month ago, staying at AoA, said it is now back to being two separate lines. I also saw that to be true while watching a livestream this past weekend.
We stayed at Pop August 2021.

We stayed at Pop August 2021.
Sounds like the process has changed since then. I know when we were there last month there were 2 definite lines so it appears that currently parties arriving at the Skyliner that include a wheelchair or scooter join that line immediately.

For those who have not been to the Skyliner, the line is closer to the Art of Animation and it’s very easy to access without going through the other line. The bridge is wide so there is room for both.

So i am booked for here mid May but arrive around 10am, didnt even think about check in time. Any suggestions of what we can do when we arrive? I was hoping they can hold our bags- we have swim suits ready and possibly eat on site and maybe enjoy pool time until our rooms are ready and then make some reservations in advance for Disney Springs. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

So i am booked for here mid May but arrive around 10am, didnt even think about check in time. Any suggestions of what we can do when we arrive? I was hoping they can hold our bags- we have swim suits ready and possibly eat on site and maybe enjoy pool time until our rooms are ready and then make some reservations in advance for Disney Springs. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
What you have planned sounds great! Yes, luggage services will hold your luggage for you. You can do as you've mentioned or, head straight to Disney Springs. Pop will do their best to have your room ready close to your arrival time but it is not guaranteed so having plans while your luggage is being well cared for is a great option. When your room is ready you will receive a text.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter