Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I’m just over halfway through my trip and I’m so enjoying being here. Such a fun resort.

**Supplies available:
I’m here until Sunday lunchtime. I’m going to have most of a 12 pack case of water left and maybe a few sodas. I kind of overestimated my shopping order, but I figure better too much than too little.

If anyone is arriving between now and Sunday let me know and I can definitely get some water to you anytime from now. It would be a shame for it to go to waste. Please message me or tag me. I’ll try and remember to check.

Oh! I also have several sheets of window clings I’m not going to take home, and a small string of battery operated lights that sit nicely on the window ledge. The clings are available now, the lights can go Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Is the food court any different now during the Covid protocols or is it pretty much like it used to be?
The grab and go is back, which makes all the difference for me. All the windows are now open and you don't have to mobile order but I don't think there is as much variety as the pre-covid days. Still, the grab and go being open was a saving grace for me.

I’m just over halfway through my trip and I’m so enjoying being here. Such a fun resort.

**Supplies available:
I’m here until Sunday lunchtime. I’m going to have most of a 12 pack case of water left and maybe a few sodas. I kind of overestimated my shopping order, but I figure better too much than too little.

If anyone is arriving between now and Sunday let me know and I can definitely get some water to you anytime from now. It would be a shame for it to go to waste. Please message me or tag me. I’ll try and remember to check.

Oh! I also have several sheets of window clings I’m not going to take home, and a small string of battery operated lights that sit nicely on the window ledge. The clings are available now, the lights can go Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Edit 2am (yes I’m a late night packer):

I ended up leaving them outside my door earlier this evening with notes on them as suggested by a lady I met earlier tonight. The people next door took the window clings, lights and spare batteries when they came back about half an hour later. The drinks disappeared sometime in the last couple of hours.

I’m so glad they’ll be used :)

Last edited:
Question are the microwaves back in the food court? I know at least when I was at Carribean last year they were gone due to COVID. And I kind of survive on those things for multiple reasons. If I need some sort of sub I probably need to look into getting it now

Question are the microwaves back in the food court? I know at least when I was at Carribean last year they were gone due to COVID. And I kind of survive on those things for multiple reasons. If I need some sort of sub I probably need to look into getting it now
Yes they are available.

The posts on page 1 have all the current status of things at Pop.

Just back from a 4 day trip at Pop. I was in the 50's building literally right around the corner from luggage check in. Great stay overall. Happy to answer questions about anything...I ate in the food court several times, used buses and the skyliner, did early entry, all the things over a busy Thanksgiving weekend. Let me know if you have questions!

What time did you get to the bus stop for an EE at MK? And then do you recall what time the bus arrived and then what time you arrived at Pop?

What time did you get to the bus stop for an EE at MK? And then do you recall what time the bus arrived and then what time you arrived at Pop?
Not the OP but lots of shares on other threads (Here Now snd Just Back; Everything Early Theme Park Entry). It is recommended to be at the Pop bus stop 90 mins before ETPE hours begin.

We stayed at POP this weekend. Originally we had a room request in via TP (standard room in 60s). I got notifications that my room wasn't ready yet as we arrived at the hotel via DME (which was around 10:30am). We changed our clothes and were about to check our bag with luggage services when my old school husband convinced me to check with the desk if we could indeed get a room instead of waiting. It worked. They switched us to another room in the 60s building. We did request a 4th floor room (quiet) and ended up with a first floor room instead, but we much preferred having the room ready (however it WAS much more noisy and we could even hear the games going on at the pool when we took a quick rest/nap).

Also, I looked on the first page and didn't see it, but the food court doesn't (at least as of yesterday) open until 7am. So if you are hoping to head to a park very early (before 7am) it's not open. We saw people sitting/waiting in the lobby next to the big grate/fence they pull down. It didn't impact us, but we noticed on our way to the DME at a little before 7am yesterday.

I got to the bus stop about 7:10 for an 8:30 ETPE. The line was already through the entire "corral". The first bus arrived and was full before I got on. It was then a decent wait for the next bus (I saw 5 Animal Kingdom buses come before another MK bus). But then 3 buses for the MK showed up at once. I still got to the park by 8:10 and got in the mass of people headed into tomorrow land by 8:15 and then waited for "rope drop" at 8:30 to head to Space.

I got to the bus stop about 7:10 for an 8:30 ETPE. The line was already through the entire "corral". The first bus arrived and was full before I got on. It was then a decent wait for the next bus (I saw 5 Animal Kingdom buses come before another MK bus). But then 3 buses for the MK showed up at once. I still got to the park by 8:10 and got in the mass of people headed into tomorrow land by 8:15 and then waited for "rope drop" at 8:30 to head to Space.

appreciate the input!!!

Hi. Headed to Pop Dec. 20-26. Is there any way to know if the Skyliner isn’t going to be running without having to walk all the way over to it? I know I can see if it’s moving or not, but what if it’s raining really hard before it starts running for the day (before rope drop)? I’m seeing some potentially big rain in the forecast early next week and am wondering if there’s any way to know if we should just go out to the busses or if we have to walk over and see if the sign is out that it’s not running. I know it runs in rain if no lightning, but what if it’s a heavy downpour with no lightning?

Hi. Headed to Pop Dec. 20-26. Is there any way to know if the Skyliner isn’t going to be running without having to walk all the way over to it? I know I can see if it’s moving or not, but what if it’s raining really hard before it starts running for the day (before rope drop)? I’m seeing some potentially big rain in the forecast early next week and am wondering if there’s any way to know if we should just go out to the busses or if we have to walk over and see if the sign is out that it’s not running. I know it runs in rain if no lightning, but what if it’s a heavy downpour with no lightning?
Not that I know of, but you’ll have to pass the skyliner if it’s not running anyway because the busses for Epcot and and Hollywood run from AOA when the skyliner has to shut down.

Not that I know of, but you’ll have to pass the skyliner if it’s not running anyway because the busses for Epcot and and Hollywood run from AOA when the skyliner has to shut down.
Sorry, this information is not quite correct.

Buses run to/from Epcot and DHS from AoA all day, every day.

Buses run to/from Epcot and DHS from Pop only when the Skyliner is shut down.

Sorry, this information is not quite correct.

Buses run to/from Epcot and DHS from AoA all day, every day.

Buses run to/from Epcot and DHS from Pop only when the Skyliner is shut down.
When we were there last week they didn’t call the busses to pop, they made everyone go to AOA and get on the busses there. I was told at present due to lack of buses when the skyliner shuts down due to emergency buses will leave from AOA. when it’s a scheduled shut down they run from Pop

When we were there last week they didn’t call the busses to pop, they made everyone go to AOA and get on the busses there. I was told at present due to lack of buses when the skyliner shuts down due to emergency buses will leave from AOA. when it’s a scheduled shut down they run from Pop
This is the first time anyone has reported experiencing this. I’m not saying it didn’t happen to you but is different from what has happened since Pop reopened in July 2020.

Has anyone else had this rotation when the Skyliner shuts down because if so, it’s new.

This is the first time anyone has reported experiencing this. I’m not saying it didn’t happen to you but is different from what has happened since Pop reopened in July 2020.

Has anyone else had this rotation when the Skyliner shuts down because if so, it’s new.
I’ll be back again in 3 weeks if it goes down I’ll send you picture of the sign they had placed up.

I’ll be back again in 3 weeks if it goes down I’ll send you picture of the sign they had placed up.
Thanks so much!! I’m happy to update the first post if we find this is the new routine they’re following. Just need to ensure it happened more than one week so that the first posts are sharing the most accurate information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter