Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We’ve been at pop for about a week now and the buses have been absolutely fantastic!!! We have never experienced bus availability like we have this week. We love the non Disney coaches as you get to sit but even Disney buses have been readily available. We have never waited on a single bus this trip although this morning we waited in a long long line because we were three buses deep…. Yes they loaded three double buses before we got on a bus.

We’ve been at pop for about a week now and the buses have been absolutely fantastic!!! We have never experienced bus availability like we have this week. We love the non Disney coaches as you get to sit but even Disney buses have been readily available. We have never waited on a single bus this trip although this morning we waited in a long long line because we were three buses deep…. Yes they loaded three double buses before we got on a bus.
What a GROOVY report!

Hope the rest of your trip is just as FAR OUT! 😁

Arriving for my first stay at Pop tomorrow evening from the UK. I’ve been following these posts for a few years now as it’s always been the plan to stay someday (last time we planned to we ended up upgrading to POFQ, but I still followed this thread). I’m so excited that this trip is actually happening, and for the stay at Pop. To top things off when I did my online check in for my flight I received an upgrade from premium economy to business. Now that’s some serious pixie dust before I even reach Disney :tigger:

Arriving for my first stay at Pop tomorrow evening from the UK. I’ve been following these posts for a few years now as it’s always been the plan to stay someday (last time we planned to we ended up upgrading to POFQ, but I still followed this thread). I’m so excited that this trip is actually happening, and for the stay at Pop. To top things off when I did my online check in for my flight I received an upgrade from premium economy to business. Now that’s some serious pixie dust before I even reach Disney :tigger:
What a wonderful treat for your long flight! You'll arrive well rested and ready to hit the ground running. Have a great trip and stay at Pop!!

Just back from a 4 day trip at Pop. I was in the 50's building literally right around the corner from luggage check in. Great stay overall. Happy to answer questions about anything...I ate in the food court several times, used buses and the skyliner, did early entry, all the things over a busy Thanksgiving weekend. Let me know if you have questions!

Just back from a 4 day trip at Pop. I was in the 50's building literally right around the corner from luggage check in. Great stay overall. Happy to answer questions about anything...I ate in the food court several times, used buses and the skyliner, did early entry, all the things over a busy Thanksgiving weekend. Let me know if you have questions!
How early did you get to the skyliner at Pop when going for early entry?

How early did you get to the skyliner at Pop when going for early entry?
I got to the Skyliner about 7:15 or 7:20. Short line to get on. At the hub, there was a bit more of a line, but only down 1 side of the ramp (instead of down, up, down by the Joffrey's). I was walking through the turnstiles at DHS before 8.

There are 3 buildings in the 50's section. Which building were you in and if you don't mind my asking, how long did it take you to walk to the skyliner station? I was in building 2 in October and I felt like it was a pretty long walk. Thanks!

There are 3 buildings in the 50's section. Which building were you in and if you don't mind my asking, how long did it take you to walk to the skyliner station? I was in building 2 in October and I felt like it was a pretty long walk. Thanks!
Not the OP but if they were 'right around the corner from luggage check in' then they were in building 1.

You are correct that building 2 can be quite a hike! We stayed in building 2 only once and that was enough for us after long days in the park. If were were to be assigned building 2 again I might request to be moved although now with the Skyliner it holds a little more appeal.

I was in building 1, first floor. Literally 3 doors down from the end by the lobby. It was not a long walk to buses, lobby, or the skyliner (although it FELT long when my hips decided to be weird and hurt every 5 minutes.)

Any recent experiences with luggage assistance? Looking to store until my room is ready while I try to make park opening or close to it. What time do they usually start?

Perfect thanks! We are doing an overnight at the MCO Hyatt then taking the MDE over. How long should we estimate for that?

Any recent experiences with luggage assistance? Looking to store until my room is ready while I try to make park opening or close to it. What time do they usually start?
Luggage Services is open 24/7.
Perfect thanks! We are doing an overnight at the MCO Hyatt then taking the MDE over. How long should we estimate for that?
Unfortunately it's an area where the wait fluctuates. It can be quiet or busy anytime from about 6am to 10pm. One day it's busy at a certain time and the next day that same time can be quiet. Probably the longest I've waited at luggage services was 30 mins but normally it's around 10-15 mins average.

Luggage Services is open 24/7.

Unfortunately it's an area where the wait fluctuates. It can be quiet or busy anytime from about 6am to 10pm. One day it's busy at a certain time and the next day that same time can be quiet. Probably the longest I've waited at luggage services was 30 mins but normally it's around 10-15 mins average.
Thanks, that Good to know! I was asking more about the time to estimate from the airport to Pop, though. As an aside- whose idea was it to have a DME and MDE? LOL

Thanks, that Good to know! I was asking more about the time to estimate from the airport to Pop, though. As an aside- whose idea was it to have a DME and MDE? LOL
I agree! DME and MDE are confusing but sadly only for 31 more days. After Dec 31, 2021 any guests arriving at MCO will no longer be eligible for DME as they are ending their service. Normally the drive portion from MCO to Pop Century is approx. 35-40 mins, often including a stop a Art of Animation first.

Does anyone know yet if Pop will be a host resort for any cheer or dance in April 2022? We’re going the last week of the month, just trying to prepare! Lol

Does anyone know yet if Pop will be a host resort for any cheer or dance in April 2022? We’re going the last week of the month, just trying to prepare! Lol
Is there a specific competition planned that week? If there are any competitions on Disney property that week then all value resorts may be included in accommodations. They normally stay at the 'All Stars' but, will also stay at Pop Century.

Personally, I wouldn't give it another thought. I've stayed more than once when the resort had large groups of girls celebrating their 15th Birthdays and they were not any problem at all! In fact, it was fun to see them excited to be at Disney!

Is the food court any different now during the Covid protocols or is it pretty much like it used to be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter