Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

You're correct, that's what it says now. I will update my message above. I thought in the past it said that the Pop - CBR line was closed those dates but, I'm not sure if I have a screen shot of that so am not positive.

Thanks for pointing this out @RSHale. I will update my post above and page 1 of this thread.

I understand that Pop bus service to Epcot and HS has been reduced since the Skyliner opened. Is that correct? If yes, is it still possible to use the bus and get to those parks well before early entry?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

My apologies as I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find after reading 7-8 pages of this thread.

We are going end of January and staying at Pop. If we want to ride the skyliner to Epcot and HS and rope drop rides at those respective resorts, what time is a good time to be in line for the skyliner/leave Pop to ensure we are by the rides when they open?

In late September, I rope-dropped DHS from Pop and the Skyliner started around 7:15-7:20. Things could change, of course*, but that put me in the first 20 or so people on Rise of the Resistance.

*Especially considering that was before early entry. My notes say I got in the queue at 8:15am and walked out of the ride at 8:40am.

I understand that Pop bus service to Epcot and HS has been reduced since the Skyliner opened. Is that correct? If yes, is it still possible to use the bus and get to those parks well before early entry?
No. Buses no longer run between Pop and DHS or Epcot unless the Skyliner is not running.

Buses do run between Art of Animation and DHS and Epcot if you would prefer not to take the Skyliner. Access to AoA buses are an approx. 6-8 min walk from the Pop buses to the AoA buses, crossing over Generation Gap bridge.

Yes, it would be possible to arrive at DHS or Epcot in time for ETPE if you take the bus from AoA. It is recommended you arrive at the AoA bus stop 90 mins before ETPE if you wish to be towards the front of the ETPE crowd.

Thank you 🙏 for this post now I know what time extra do I need .
We got there at 645 both HS days and were first in line. When we got to Caribbean beach there were a few people from other resorts ahead of us for the HS line, but not many. By the time we got to HS we went right through security and tap styles and has less than 50-100 people ahead of us for ROTR both days. Essentially walked right to the first pre show once the line started moving.

To anyone at Pop now or who has been recently, do the showers at the pools remain unavailable? They were not available when we were there in August and the FAQs to this thread shows them as not available (post 6). I was hopeful that we‘d be able to use them for our trip next month.

Thanks for any up to date info and thanks to @scrappinginontario for maintaining this and other Disboards threads!

FYI I’m at Pop now and I’ve started to see non-Disney coaches being used to transport guests to Disney Springs and some of the parks. Not sure if that’s because of the additional overhead of the 50th but it made a nice change to be on a luxury coach. Only downside is that they cannot take ECVs.

Also, we have a standard room. It seems like there are standard rooms in most all of the buildings. I would be grateful for any suggestions you can give about room requests. Our priority is to be as close as possible to Classic Hall.

Thanks for your help!

I’d request the 60’s. You’re central to everything and close to the bridge to AofA if you want to take one of their buses.

FYI I’m at Pop now and I’ve started to see non-Disney coaches being used to transport guests to Disney Springs and some of the parks. Not sure if that’s because of the additional overhead of the 50th but it made a nice change to be on a luxury coach. Only downside is that they cannot take ECVs.
Thanks for this update. The coaches have been brought in since re-opening in July 2020 to help with transportation when crowds are larger of which this week is one of those weeks. They're a nice change in that nobody needs to stand and also strollers can be loaded below the coach without needed to be folded. You're quite correct though that unfortunately they are not accessible for ECV's or wheelchairs. Each bus stop has CMs working to monitor the need for accessible transit to be included in their rotation of buses.

Thanks for this update. The coaches have been brought in since re-opening in July 2020 to help with transportation when crowds are larger of which this week is one of those weeks. They're a nice change in that nobody needs to stand and also strollers can be loaded below the coach without needed to be folded. You're quite correct though that unfortunately they are not accessible for ECV's or wheelchairs. Each bus stop has CMs working to monitor the need for accessible transit to be included in their rotation of buses.
Didn’t realize the strollers don’t need to be folded with the coaches. That is a nice change.

Does anyone know if the casing around the windows is metal? I didn’t pay attention last time and am hoping I can use some magnetic hooks to hang decorations!

Does anyone know if the casing around the windows is metal? I didn’t pay attention last time and am hoping I can use some magnetic hooks to hang decorations!
I'm not sure if they're metal (hopefully someone else can help) but one trip we did use the little clear suction cup hooks to attach signs and decorations to our window.

It looks like there are standard rooms scattered in most all the the Pop buildings. Does that sound correct?

I'm always surprised the "Standard" rooms face the lovely lake. Our goal is quiet (we don't have little kids) and I feel like the back side of some of those buildings, pretty close to the skyliner are wonderful (and happy they are 'cheaper'). We made a room request last time that was met, so hoping same holds for our trip in 2 weeks!

I'm always surprised the "Standard" rooms face the lovely lake. Our goal is quiet (we don't have little kids) and I feel like the back side of some of those buildings, pretty close to the skyliner are wonderful (and happy they are 'cheaper'). We made a room request last time that was met, so hoping same holds for our trip in 2 weeks!
We love the standard rooms and technically, often our standard rooms in buildings 4 and 5 were less steps to things than the Preferred rooms and Preferred Pool View rooms due to how you exit the elevators and access the rooms. Not a lot of steps but technically, less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter