• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Another question - does the bathroom in the Pop rooms have a magnifying mirror? Trying to avoid bringing mine if I can, hah! Thanks!

Took the skyliner to the international gateway. Took the boat to Yacht Club, no tree yet but the merry-go-round was decorated, Beach Club, no tree yet, then we took the bus to MK, got on the monorail and went
to the Grand Floridian, no tree yet, but they did have the gingerbread house.
Nice! Thanks!

Hi everyone,

My apologies as I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find after reading 7-8 pages of this thread.

We are going end of January and staying at Pop. If we want to ride the skyliner to Epcot and HS and rope drop rides at those respective resorts, what time is a good time to be in line for the skyliner/leave Pop to ensure we are by the rides when they open? We are thinking of using this Frozen at Epcot and Mickey/Minnie at HS (hopefully with ILL for ROR and Genie+ for SD along with VQ for Remy). I know that we get access to the rides 30 min early but I've also heard that they will let you in the gates even earlier than that so you can start lining up for the rides. For reference the dates we will be there Epcot opens at 10 and HS opens at 9.

Thanks for any help/guidance you can provide.

Hi everyone,

My apologies as I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find after reading 7-8 pages of this thread.

We are going end of January and staying at Pop. If we want to ride the skyliner to Epcot and HS and rope drop rides at those respective resorts, what time is a good time to be in line for the skyliner/leave Pop to ensure we are by the rides when they open? We are thinking of using this Frozen at Epcot and Mickey/Minnie at HS (hopefully with ILL for ROR and Genie+ for SD along with VQ for Remy). I know that we get access to the rides 30 min early but I've also heard that they will let you in the gates even earlier than that so you can start lining up for the rides. For reference the dates we will be there Epcot opens at 10 and HS opens at 9.

I would recommend going to the Everything Early Theme Park Entry thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/
Post 1 answers all of these questions plus has a lot of other information about Early Entry too.

I would recommend going to the Everything Early Theme Park Entry thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/
Post 1 answers all of these questions plus has a lot of other information about Early Entry too.

Thanks! Had no idea that thread existed. One question I'm not seeing a quick answer to is what is the approx transit time from pop to HS and EPCOT via the skyliner in the morning assuming normal lines at Pop and at the transfer?

Hi everyone,

Get to the Skyliner station 1 hour and 15 minutes before opening time.

The Skyliner is scheduled to close for maintenance the last few weeks of January — I would double check closure dates!

(Updated Nov 18, 2021)

Upcoming Skyliner Closure: The Skyliner from Pop Century between CBR and Epcot is scheduled to close for a few days in late January 2022. Jan 23 - 28, 2022.

The Skyliner from Pop/AoA to DHS will still be available during these dates.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

We were just there 11/5-11/12. For HS days we got to the Skyliner station at 645 (830 Early Entry) and were first in line both days. Skyliner started running around 710-715 both days. We we held at Caribbean Beach station for a bit, but made it to HS in time to be able to do both ROTR and MFSR before official park open time.

For Epcot days, we went to the Skyliner around 745 (930 Early Entry), line was long due to the HS folks, were held at Caribbean Beach for about 15-20 minutes each day, but were able to rope drop TT one day and Frozen the other. We were held by Canada once inside.

One caveat for Test Track is there is no "merge point" for guest coming from the IG, we ended up behind a lot of the people coming from the front because the queue formed in that direction. I made a suggestion to an experience team cast member to have some sort of merging for those coming from the IG, but I'm sure it'll be ignored.

We just got moved from our December reservation at Sports to Pop. So, I have some catching up to do on my resort planning...

I read above that we should arrive at the Skyliner station 1:15 minutes before park opening. When does the Pop/AA station open?? Also, we have a standard room. It seems like there are standard rooms in most all of the buildings. I would be grateful for any suggestions you can give about room requests. Our priority is to be as close as possible to Classic Hall.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
We just got moved from our December reservation at Sports to Pop. So, I have some catching up to do on my resort planning...

I read above that we should arrive at the Skyliner station 1:15 minutes before park opening. When does the Pop/AA station open?? Also, we have a standard room. It seems like there are standard rooms in most all of the buildings. I would be grateful for any suggestions you can give about room requests. Our priority is to be as close as possible to Classic Hall.

Thanks for your help!1

Skyliner "officially" opens 60 minutes before EE starts, so 730 for an 830 HS EE, but it opened at 710-715 the days we were there last week.

Thanks for your help!1
I would recommend arriving at Skyliner or buses a minimum of 90 mins before Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE). Transportation will probably not be running then but you will get towards the front of the line. Waiting until 1:15 before ETPE to arrive would mean you would probably encounter quite a line at Pop before being able to board transportation.

Upcoming Skyliner Closure: The Skyliner from Pop Century is scheduled to close for a few DAYS in late January 2022. Jan 23 - 28, 2022.
Is this correct? I just booked a trip during that time period, and the WDW site had a message that said:

"From January 23 through January 28, 2022, Disney Skyliner service between Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Riviera Resort and Epcot will be out of operation for refurbishment. "

I was hoping that I would at least be able to take the Skyliner from Pop Century to Hollywood Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter