• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Unfortunately there aren't any real shortcuts from the building you're in to the Skyliner as the paths often wander rather than go straight. The one time we were put in that building I decided it would be our last time as it just doesn't work well with our touring style.
It’s definitely a hike! I booked 2 days ago and there were no preferred rooms available so I’m not surprised but the walk can be long after a day in the parks.

Hi everyone,

We’re at Pop now and I have a couple questions.

We’re on the opposite side of the resort from the Skyliner (90’s section building 8 near the parking lot). What’s the quickest route to the Skyliner? Following the walkway that runs along the lake? Are there any shortcuts I’m missing?

Are there any quiet little nooks/areas here that work well for remote work? My husband unfortunately has to work whenever we travel and I’d like to show him alternate places to work if he gets sick of working in the room.

We were in that same building 2 weeks ago. We found it slightly faster to cut thru the middle of the resort, so head toward the main pool, around it and straight to the Skyliner. It isn't much faster though, and I guess it depends on where in building 8 you are.

I was wondering if anyone knows what kind (brand?) of hot chocolate that the food court has? Is it creamy or kind of watery? Good chocolate taste?

Thanks!

I wanted to provide a brief report on my recent stay at Pop. We were there 10/12 to 10/17 as part of a split stay. We arrived via Magical Express around 1:20pm. We were the second stop, stopping at AoA first. We got notification about our room while we were on the bus. Upon arrival, we headed straight to our room. We were in 5120, exactly the location I wanted. The Hippy Dippy pool was just a minute away, the food court just two minutes, and perhaps a three minute walk to the Skyliner. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect location.

Housekeeping was fine throughout the stay. I did gather up some trash most days and threw it out in a trash can. Housekeeping came every other day though, leaving fresh towels, emptying trash, and restocking coffee and toiletries. I called for additional towels once at the start of the trip and they provided more than enough.

We did mobile order once at the food court and ordered at the counter as well. Both worked just great. The food court was well staffed and we were pleased with whatever we got.

We spent one day at the Hippy Dippy pool. It was a nice, relaxing atmosphere. I really enjoyed the music played there and throughout the resort. We also enjoyed some Piña Colavas from Petals. Very good!

Transportation was pretty flawless the entire time. Of course, we used Skyliner to Epcot and Studios. We were at the parks for rope drop and had zero wait at both the Pop and CBR stations. We never shared a Skyliner cabin with another party, which was nice. As for the buses, we never waited more than 5 minutes for one, whether at Pop or at the parks. In fact, we were waiting for a bus to AK in the late afternoon when a driver who was sitting at the empty MK stop came up and told us to hop on and that he’d take us to AK. We had the whole bus to ourselves!

Oh, and I loved the shop at Pop. Everything Pop is a well stocked shop with a nice variety of merchandise. And the staff at the shop, as well as the whole resort was friendly and helpful. We wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again. We had never stayed at any Value before, only having done Moderates on the past. I was apprehensive, but so glad we chose Pop.

I wanted to provide a brief report on my recent stay at Pop. We were there 10/12 to 10/17 as part of a split stay. We arrived via Magical Express around 1:20pm. We were the second stop, stopping at AoA first. We got notification about our room while we were on the bus. Upon arrival, we headed straight to our room. We were in 5120, exactly the location I wanted. The Hippy Dippy pool was just a minute away, the food court just two minutes, and perhaps a three minute walk to the Skyliner. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect location.

Housekeeping was fine throughout the stay. I did gather up some trash most days and threw it out in a trash can. Housekeeping came every other day though, leaving fresh towels, emptying trash, and restocking coffee and toiletries. I called for additional towels once at the start of the trip and they provided more than enough.

We did mobile order once at the food court and ordered at the counter as well. Both worked just great. The food court was well staffed and we were pleased with whatever we got.

We spent one day at the Hippy Dippy pool. It was a nice, relaxing atmosphere. I really enjoyed the music played there and throughout the resort. We also enjoyed some Piña Colavas from Petals. Very good!

Transportation was pretty flawless the entire time. Of course, we used Skyliner to Epcot and Studios. We were at the parks for rope drop and had zero wait at both the Pop and CBR stations. We never shared a Skyliner cabin with another party, which was nice. As for the buses, we never waited more than 5 minutes for one, whether at Pop or at the parks. In fact, we were waiting for a bus to AK in the late afternoon when a driver who was sitting at the empty MK stop came up and told us to hop on and that he’d take us to AK. We had the whole bus to ourselves!

Oh, and I loved the shop at Pop. Everything Pop is a well stocked shop with a nice variety of merchandise. And the staff at the shop, as well as the whole resort was friendly and helpful. We wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again. We had never stayed at any Value before, only having done Moderates on the past. I was apprehensive, but so glad we chose Pop.
So glad to hear you enjoyed your first visit at Pop!! Many here love it as we have stayed numerous times but it's great to hear it from a fresh set of eyes!

Glad you had such a great trip!

Been to Pop before but first with tea drinker - are all the tea selections in room and food court the same? Green tea and Earl Grey? Or does the food court have a better selection?

Been to Pop before but first with tea drinker - are all the tea selections in room and food court the same? Green tea and Earl Grey? Or does the food court have a better selection?

When we were there a few weeks ago the food court only had English Breakfast Tea available, which was a bummer since we both love Earl Grey and only had the 2 packets in our room to start. We weren't in the room enough to care to ask if it was possible to get more though.

Hi! We made breakfast reservations at whispering canyon cafe. Am I correct in my thinking that the best way (using Disney transportation) to get there is to take the bus to MK and then take the boat to wilderness lodge?

Hi! We made breakfast reservations at whispering canyon cafe. Am I correct in my thinking that the best way (using Disney transportation) to get there is to take the bus to MK and then take the boat to wilderness lodge?
Depending on the time of your breakfast, yes, that is the option I would choose. What time is your breakfast and, what time does MK open that day?

Another option would be to Skyliner from POP to DHS and take a WL bus from DHS.

An advantage to that route would be not having to go through Security Screening at DHS to access the WL Bus as opposed to having to go through Security Screening at MK to access the WL Boat.

Your ADR time will determine if this Route is feasible.

I bring my own tea and different coffee pods for my coffee drinkers.

An advantage to that route would be not having to go through Security Screening at DHS to access the WL Bus as opposed to having to go through Security Screening at MK to access the WL Boat.

Ooo, if it works out timing wise, this is a better option!

Everything hinges on the time of your dining reservation @CouponGirl.

Depending on the time of your breakfast, yes, that is the option I would choose. What time is your breakfast and, what time does MK open that day?

Ooo, if it works out timing wise, this is a better option!

Everything hinges on the time of your dining reservation @CouponGirl.
Thanks, guys! Our reservation if for 9:35am. MK regular opening that day is 8am and DHS regular opening is 9am.

Has anyone used car service to get to Pop that had a grocery delivery stop? I am hoping Pop will store the groceries for us.

Any recommendations?

We had an accessible room at Pop 9/29 to 10/3 and 11/6 to 11/8/2021. We were in building 10 both times by the big wheel in an accessible standard room.
We had no problems getting to the skyliner. Sometimes we went around the lake, other time we went to the pool and directly to the skyliner.
We did not do mobile order, but went inside the food court and ordered directly. On 10/30 I bought a refillable mug old design, and the next day
the new "50" designs came out so I exchanged my mug no charge.
11/6 we got off the Fantasy and took DCL transfers from the ship. Arrived at 10AM and checked our luggage and off to the skyliner we went.
Epcot was a ZOO since it was F&W, & Marathon Weekend. Tried to get a virtual for Ratatouille at 7AM on the ship with paid internet but it was too slow.
At 11AM I decided to do a PAID Lightening Lane for Ratatouille and the only slot left was 7:45 PM. Ouch........Went around Epcot, ate at China, did Sorin and American Adventure
and at 6PM I went to
the LL entrance and asked to please let us tired old folks in with paid LL. She did an override and let us in. Cute was not worth the 6 hour wait.
Anyway, Pop was good and we were so tired from the Cruise we did not go to the Parks on Monday. We rode the skyliner and got off at Epcot and did a holiday resort tour.
Also took the bus to MK and rode the monorail around the loop to look at decorations.

We had an accessible room at Pop 9/29 to 10/3 and 11/6 to 11/8/2021. We were in building 10 both times by the big wheel in an accessible standard room.
We had no problems getting to the skyliner. Sometimes we went around the lake, other time we went to the pool and directly to the skyliner.
We did not do mobile order, but went inside the food court and ordered directly. On 10/30 I bought a refillable mug old design, and the next day
the new "50" designs came out so I exchanged my mug no charge.
11/6 we got off the Fantasy and took DCL transfers from the ship. Arrived at 10AM and checked our luggage and off to the skyliner we went.
Epcot was a ZOO since it was F&W, & Marathon Weekend. Tried to get a virtual for Ratatouille at 7AM on the ship with paid internet but it was too slow.
At 11AM I decided to do a PAID Lightening Lane for Ratatouille and the only slot left was 7:45 PM. Ouch........Went around Epcot, ate at China, did Sorin and American Adventure
and at 6PM I went to
the LL entrance and asked to please let us tired old folks in with paid LL. She did an override and let us in. Cute was not worth the 6 hour wait.
Anyway, Pop was good and we were so tired from the Cruise we did not go to the Parks on Monday. We rode the skyliner and got off at Epcot and did a holiday resort tour.
Also took the bus to MK and rode the monorail around the loop to look at decorations.
Where did you go from Epcot for your holiday resort tour? Sounds like a fun thing to do on our arrival day!

Where did you go from Epcot for your holiday resort tour? Sounds like a fun thing to do on our arrival day!
Took the skyliner to the international gateway. Took the boat to Yacht Club, no tree yet but the merry-go-round was decorated, Beach Club, no tree yet, then we took the bus to MK, got on the monorail and went
to the Grand Floridian, no tree yet, but they did have the gingerbread house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter