Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Did you ever head to the Skyliner for DHS rope drop?
We went to the skyliner Saturday 10/2/21 around 8:00am and got to the Studios by 8:30am For early entry. Skyliner line moved continuously. Went to Batu and got a DAS return time for 30 minutes For ROTR. Millennium Falcon was less than 30 minutes and So was Mickey and Minnie’s train. Slinky dog was also 30 minutes. We had a good morning. Hadn’t been to WDW since Oct 2019 so three rides were new to us. Loved staying at Pop..

Thanks! You never know with staffing and/or Covid. 🙂 Looks like a late arrival for groceries will work! Off to go find flat coffee pods now! 😂

Amazon has a good selection of coffee pods. Whole Foods also has them. I get an assortment pack, take enough for our vacation and stick the rest in the freezer for our next trip to Pop Century.

Did you ever head to the Skyliner for DHS rope drop?
Yes. On September 20 we hopped on the Skyliner around 8 a.m. with no wait at POP and only a short wait at CB and rope dropped. On September 23, the first day of ROTR standby queue, my daughter got a late start, so we didn't get on the Skyliner until 8:30 a.m. and still managed to rope drop MMRR. Granted, everyone was headed to Galaxy's Edge that day....

Doing a happy dance. Just snagged a last minute reservation for Pop for Thanksgiving! I'm heading to my happy place!! And this is also slightly hysterical to me because, before last year, I was a "I never stay at Values" person. Now, Pop is one of the first places I look for a ressie. Pina Colava and Hippy Dippy, I'm coming for you!!!

Does anyone know what the pool hours are? We arrive Oct 25 and I am curious, we tend to prefer the quiet pools but I just want to be able to swim :)

Hi all. I joined the Pop thread in 2016 when I had booked a trip to take my MIL to Pop. Things changed and we upgraded to POFQ, but I stayed and participated in the Pop thread for a long time as I had always hoped to stay.

I booked a solo trip for myself in late 2019 for Nov 2020. Well y’all know how that trip didn’t happen, so I’ve been off the board for a while. However I did rebook for the end of this Nov into Dec.

I live in the UK so even this trip has been up in the air all year, so I’ve pretty much stayed clear because I didn’t want to get excited to them not being going.

With things being what they are the US ‘May’ be open for me to travel, but I still need to feel safe enough with the case levels, so I’m still unsure, but hopeful.

In the meantime I decided to check out the forums again and was so happy to see that @scrappinginontario has finally been able to follow through on her promise to start a new and updated thread. Great job!! It looks fab and has amazing info. Thanks so much.

Reading through has been really helpful and finger crossed I’ll be able to go. In the meantime I’m back.

One quick question. I’m hoping to decorate my windows for Christmas with some window clings and battery operated timered Christmas lights. I’m hoping to just spread the lights on the window ledge if there is one rather than hang them, so can someone confirm there is a ledge please :)

Last edited:
Hi all. I joined the Pop thread in 2016 when I had booked a trip to take my MIL to Pop. Things changed and we upgraded to POFQ, but I stayed and participated in the Pop thread for a long time as I had always hoped to stay.

I booked a solo trip for myself in late 2019 for Nov 2020. Well y’all know how that trip didn’t happen, so I’ve been off the board for a while. However I did rebook for the end of this Nov into Dec.

I live in the UK so even this trip has been up in the air all year, so I’ve pretty much stayed clear because I didn’t want to get excited to them not being going.

With things being what they are the US ‘May’ be open for me to travel, but I still need to feel safe enough with the case levels, so I’m still unsure, but hopeful.

In the meantime I decided to check out the forums again and was so happy to see that @scrappinginontario has finally been able to follow through on her promise to start a new and updated thread. Great job!! It looks fab and has amazing info. Thanks so much.

Reading through has been really helpful and finger crossed I’ll be able to go. In the meantime I’m back.

One quick question. I’m hoping to decorate my windows for Christmas with some window clings and battery operated timered Christmas lights. I’m hoping to just spread the lights on the window ledge if there is one rather than hang them, so can someone confirm there is a ledge please :)
Yes there is a ledge. We have seen many windows decorated with stuffed animals sitting on the ledge.

Any recent experiences regarding baggage services? Last time I was at Pop, we had arrived at mid-day and wanted to drop our bags off before heading to Disney Springs, and the line to do so wrapped around the building. It would've taken hours to drop off a bag - our room would have been ready by then! We ended up just taking our bags with us, but it was okay since we both only had backpacks. I'll be arriving with similar timing this weekend, and was just curious what to expect. Thanks.

Any recent experiences regarding baggage services? Last time I was at Pop, we had arrived at mid-day and wanted to drop our bags off before heading to Disney Springs, and the line to do so wrapped around the building. It would've taken hours to drop off a bag - our room would have been ready by then! We ended up just taking our bags with us, but it was okay since we both only had backpacks. I'll be arriving with similar timing this weekend, and was just curious what to expect. Thanks.
Unfortunately luggage services is an area that ebbs and flows with guests. It's ever changing and seems to be dependent on day and time. There are others who have experienced what you did and many who have shared stories of similar times where there was a very short line. You really never know until you arrive. Very much like Disney's Magical Express.

One recommendation that has been made here is if you need to drop luggage and the line is long is to consider taking it across to Art of Animation and checking it there. Not ideal but an option when the Pop lines are long.

Unfortunately luggage services is an area that ebbs and flows with guests. It's ever changing and seems to be dependent on day and time. There are others who have experienced what you did and many who have shared stories of similar times where there was a very short line. You really never know until you arrive. Very much like Disney's Magical Express.

One recommendation that has been made here is if you need to drop luggage and the line is long is to consider taking it across to Art of Animation and checking it there. Not ideal but an option when the Pop lines are long.

Okay, thanks. I was really shocked last time because I had never seen such a line for that - it looked like the kind of line where you board Space Mountain at the end of it! Worst case, we bring our packs to Disney Springs. I'd rather not, but I travel light!

I'm pretty sure I've read it on here before but I can't find it. Are there microwaves in the rooms or can one be requested?

I'm pretty sure I've read it on here before but I can't find it. Are there microwaves in the rooms or can one be requested?

They are only in the Food Court. I don't believe we can request them for the rooms. I was going to take some oatmeal packs down with me but I think I'll stick to Pop Tarts so I don't have to walk to the main building for breakfast or try the coffee makers for hot water to mix with the oats.

They are only in the Food Court. I don't believe we can request them for the rooms. I was going to take some oatmeal packs down with me but I think I'll stick to Pop Tarts so I don't have to walk to the main building for breakfast or try the coffee makers for hot water to mix with the oats.
We've used the in room coffee makers for oatmeal for multiple trips. Instead of packets we brought the ones already in individual cups, like easy mac, and they worked great. DS would "brew" a hot water, fill his oatmeal cup and put the lid back over it like you do for cup-o-noodles. Then he'd brew my coffee. By the time the coffee was done brewing his oatmeal would be ready.

The easy mac type oatmeal cups do take up much more luggage space on the way there but that space freed up making room for bringing treats home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter