Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Stayed at Pop in August. We had breakfast reservations at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club at 8:30 a.m. one day and Topolino’s at the Riveria at 8:05 a.m. another. We were able to ride the skyliner with no problem. They do have all routes open that early in the morning specifically for dining reservations. In order to ride, you just need to show the cast member your reservation information and they will let you on the Epcot route even if it is not open for the parks yet. The only thing would change that would be unforeseen weather or maintenance issues. In that case, you could take a cab/ ride share if needed.
Technically it is open for taking guests to a park. Guests staying at the Boardwalk area resorts and at Riviera take the Skyliner to DHS. The Skyliner begins running approx. 1 hour before the earliest park opens.

Stayed at Pop in August. We had breakfast reservations at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club at 8:30 a.m. one day and Topolino’s at the Riveria at 8:05 a.m. another. We were able to ride the skyliner with no problem. They do have all routes open that early in the morning specifically for dining reservations. In order to ride, you just need to show the cast member your reservation information and they will let you on the Epcot route even if it is not open for the parks yet. The only thing would change that would be unforeseen weather or maintenance issues. In that case, you could take a cab/ ride share if needed.
Thank you for confirming! About what time did you get in line at Pop for the Cape May ADR? Thanks so much!

We got to the Skyliner about 7:40 and was able to walk right on both at the Pop station and then the Caribbean Beach station. I wanted to make sure we didn’t have to rush to get there. We used the Skyliner quite a bit on our trip. The day before our first reservation, I talked to a cast member at the Skyliner about our early dining reservations at both resorts to see if riding the Skyliner would be an option (if not, I was just going to get a cab) and he confirmed that they try to have it running so people can use it for those very early dining reservations. I just had to show them my dining reservations information. Obviously, things could change at any time, but we were able to use it for both of our reservations without issue. Maybe if you are using the Skyliner beforehand, you could ask as well. That way, if they have changed the operation, it gives you heads up to use a backup plan to get there.

Does anyone know/think that the food courts will get more variety come Oct 1?
I would not count on it although guests have reported there are more options when ordering at the 4 stations than are available through mobile ordering. All resorts had their quick service options greatly reduced in the summer of 2019 and there is far less variety now than there was in the past. I miss the AoA design your own pasta station.
We got to the Skyliner about 7:40 and was able to walk right on both at the Pop station and then the Caribbean Beach station. I wanted to make sure we didn’t have to rush to get there. We used the Skyliner quite a bit on our trip. The day before our first reservation, I talked to a cast member at the Skyliner about our early dining reservations at both resorts to see if riding the Skyliner would be an option (if not, I was just going to get a cab) and he confirmed that they try to have it running so people can use it for those very early dining reservations. I just had to show them my dining reservations information. Obviously, things could change at any time, but we were able to use it for both of our reservations without issue. Maybe if you are using the Skyliner beforehand, you could ask as well. That way, if they have changed the operation, it gives you heads up to use a backup plan to get there.
I would not anticipate this changing as it has been this way since the Skyliner opened. All lines are running so it’s not a problem to put guests with confirmed dining reservations on the Epcot line. They just don’t want to unnecessarily add people to the Epcot entrance so they hold them at CBR.

The one thing that may change what you experienced is the amount of people trying to get to DHS now that the virtual queue will be removed as of this coming Thursday. I anticipate we’re going to quickly see the Skyliner lines at the resorts go back to lines starting at 6:30AM with guests trying to get a place in the RotR standby line. This one is a game changer for sure!

Thank you so much for all your help! Great suggestion about asking before hand. We were at WDW in June. You are so right about changes. Things were changing from one day to the next.

The one thing that may change what you experienced is the amount of people trying to get to DHS now that the virtual queue will be removed as of this coming Thursday. I anticipate we’re going to quickly see the Skyliner lines at the resorts go back to lines starting at 6:30AM with guests trying to get a place in the RotR standby line. This one is a game changer for sure!

I completely agree with you. It's going to be crazy. We did ROTR before the pandemic and there was a ton of people waiting for the park to open -- literally crushed shoulder to shoulder. We stayed at YC for that visit and walked over. I think we got there around 6:00 am and were NOT at the front of the lines. I'm hopeful WDW has figured out how they are going to deal with this come 9/23. I see a disaster in the making.

The last two visits were in April (YC) and July/August (Pop). We were able to get virtual queue boarding passes for both visits. Finding a good space to get cellular service prior to 7:00 a.m. is far better than standing shoulder to shoulder at the HS entrance three hours before the park opens.

Great point! I had read about the long lines in the morning at the Skyliner and didn't realize they had been reduced. I missed the good times! 😉 I will keep an eye out here. Maybe someone will be able to report back about the lines once the VQ is gone.

I completely agree with you. It's going to be crazy. We did ROTR before the pandemic and there was a ton of people waiting for the park to open -- literally crushed shoulder to shoulder. We stayed at YC for that visit and walked over. I think we got there around 6:00 am and were NOT at the front of the lines. I'm hopeful WDW has figured out how they are going to deal with this come 9/23. I see a disaster in the making.

The last two visits were in April (YC) and July/August (Pop). We were able to get virtual queue boarding passes for both visits. Finding a good space to get cellular service prior to 7:00 a.m. is far better than standing shoulder to shoulder at the HS entrance three hours before the park opens.
I think they want a disaster. That way people will see how bad it is and pay the extra $ per person per ride. Just my opinion. 🙄

I think they want a disaster. That way people will see how bad it is and pay the extra $ per person per ride. Just my opinion. 🙄
^^^^Totally agree! They also want people to think there is still great reasons to pay inflated prices at onsite hotels even though most perks are disappearing. Since onsite people can arrive 30 minutes early, they will be ahead of the off site guests in line.

Great point! I had read about the long lines in the morning at the Skyliner and didn't realize they had been reduced. I missed the good times! 😉 I will keep an eye out here. Maybe someone will be able to report back about the lines once the VQ is gone.
I will let you know. We are here now and one of our HS days already was scheduled for Thursday.

Also, just tried for a BG this morning and they were immediately gone. My husband is already disappointed. (“That’s it?” he asked.) We’ll try again at 1. Then if we are again unsuccessful, I guess we will wait in line forever on Thursday.

I will let you know. We are here now and one of our HS days already was scheduled for Thursday.

Also, just tried for a BG this morning and they were immediately gone. My husband is already disappointed. (“That’s it?” he asked.) We’ll try again at 1. Then if we are again unsuccessful, I guess we will wait in line forever on Thursday.
I am sorry about getting a BG! There have been so many disappointments with Disney lately. I was just navigating the Space 220 ADR insanity. I bet you have luck at 1:00! Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for letting me know how your Thursday goes!

I hope you have a great trip.

I hope you got a BG on the 1:00 drop. I've had luck with that in the past. Let us know!

Just returned from another wonderful stay at Pop! We were there for 10 days and had a great time. We were in building 6 in the 70's section, ground floor facing the foosball area. We loved this location. It was so hot and rained more than we are used to but that's September! I must say, I see complaints about the buses at Pop but this trip we had nothing but great experiences - we never waited going to or coming from the parks for a bus. Not once! A bus was always pulling up or already there. We got on a lot of the coach buses this trip. The food court is still lacking with the food choices but they had that amazing pot roast every day, along with the turkey dinner and salmon - they weren't only available on certain days like the app says. They were available every day. I am kind of sad, next years trip we won't be booked at Pop but we cannot wait to return again.

Just returned from another wonderful stay at Pop! We were there for 10 days and had a great time. We were in building 6 in the 70's section, ground floor facing the foosball area. We loved this location. It was so hot and rained more than we are used to but that's September! I must say, I see complaints about the buses at Pop but this trip we had nothing but great experiences - we never waited going to or coming from the parks for a bus. Not once! A bus was always pulling up or already there. We got on a lot of the coach buses this trip. The food court is still lacking with the food choices but they had that amazing pot roast every day, along with the turkey dinner and salmon - they weren't only available on certain days like the app says. They were available every day. I am kind of sad, next years trip we won't be booked at Pop but we cannot wait to return again.
Considering staying here for a trip next month. We are only doing Epcot and HS days. So how was the skyliner? long lines? Do they run early enough to get to an ADR for 8:05 am breakfast ressie at the Yacht Club?

Considering staying here for a trip next month. We are only doing Epcot and HS days. So how was the skyliner? long lines? Do they run early enough to get to an ADR for 8:05 am breakfast ressie at the Yacht Club?
It's hard to say what lines will be like at the Skyliner starting tomorrow as Rise of the Resistance is changing to standby only. I would anticipate long lines for the Skyliner in the morning with guests probably starting to line up 90 mins - 120 mins before park opening. We will know more tomorrow.

What time does DHS open the day you have an 8:05ADR at Yacht Club? If the park opens at 8AM then the Skyliner would get you there as long as you leave enough time for the Skyliner line. If DHS opens at 9AM then no, it would not get you to Yacht Club for an 8:05 ADR as the Skyliner wouldn't start running until around 60 mins prior to DHS opening.

We never waited in line for the Skyliner at any point in the day - but that may change for DHS now with ROTR not having boarding groups. We had a 7:50am ADR for Topolinos this past Friday and we got there with no issue with the Skyliner.

With Disney's ridiculous money grabbing greed, a lot of former loyal Disney fans are saying "ENOUGH!". They are staying offsite with much better accommodations at a significant price savings. And some are going to Universal Studios, and other parks. It's time to stop blindly handing money over to a regime that no longer values it's customers!

OK - people have been saying this every year since I started visiting these boards 10+ years ago but the resort hotels and the parks stay pretty full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter