Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Ord

Ordering at Everything Pop Dining has basically returned to Pre Covid status.

They are no longer "making it seem" like you HAVE to Mobile Order.

There are usually at least 2 Registers open and we have seen as many as 4 of the 5 Registers open.

You can just walk up to a Register and order just like Pre Covid.

You will be given a Pager and will pick up your food at the same tables where Mobile Orders are picked up.

It is "thought" that the reopening of the Food Stations and removal of the "pickup tables" is going to happen sooner rather than later-time will tell.
When I was last at Pop pre-Covid, you did not order your food at a cash register. You picked up a tray, got your food at the various serving areas and coolers, then went to the cash register to pay for it.

I believe the option to go to a register to order food has been available to those who cannot use mobile ordering all along since the post-Covid reopening. It is good to hear that they now have as many as four registers open at the busier times.

When I was last at Pop pre-Covid, you did not order your food at a cash register. You picked up a tray, got your food at the various serving areas and coolers, then went to the cash register to pay for it.

I believe the option to go to a register to order food has been available to those who cannot use mobile ordering all along since the post-Covid reopening. It is good to hear that they now have as many as four registers open at the busier times.

Yes there has always been a Register open for Guests who didn't have a Smartphone etc. In the "Covid setup ".

All Guests now have the option to Mobile Order or order at a Register.

At the Registers Guests are given a Pager and receive their orders at the same tables as the Mobile Orders.

When the Food Stations reopen Guests can go through with the trays again and Mobile Order pickup will return to its regular location.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates. I will leave the posts on page 1 the same for now as going to the food stations has not opened yet. When it does I'm sure people will be excited to let us know here.

Thanks for everyone's input and help keeping the posts in this thread current! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Pop is extremely popular right now until the rest of the year. We are coming down 9/29/21 for the 50th and
paying +$300.00 per night for POP standard room. Post cruise 11/6/21 we are paying $195+ standard room.
This hurts my budget...
:scared1: I am there 9/28 for the anniversary and thought my rate was bad at $200 per night, but I am checking out on 10/2, so I only have one night that is really bad rate wise. The other nights helped bring the average cost down. I couldn’t get a partial discount without changing resorts, and paying more overall. I really don’t think Pop is worth $200 per night, let alone $300. I think it’s more appropriately priced around $140 to $160 rack.

I was going to stay at Pop next January, but my dates hit while the Skyliner is down. I figured if I was going to have to ride a bus for most of my trip anyway, I would save $40 a night and stay at ASMo. I love the Skyliner, and will pay the premium to use it, but I am not paying the premium without it.

If you could measure the size (Height x Width x Depth) of the bathroom vanity unit shelf cubbies that would be awesome.
Thanks, Chokky

I think @scrappinginontario will be stuck in Canada after all, but I am going down next Thursday and will try to remember to measure the bathroom cubby. I'm throwing a measuring tape in my bag now!

A different question: As far as most expeditiously getting to DHS, is it best to take the Skyliner or to go over to AOA and try for a bus? I love the Skyliner, but the lines were looking pretty awful not that long ago. Thanks for any input.

I think @scrappinginontario will be stuck in Canada after all, but I am going down next Thursday and will try to remember to measure the bathroom cubby. I'm throwing a measuring tape in my bag now!

A different question: As far as most expeditiously getting to DHS, is it best to take the Skyliner or to go over to AOA and try for a bus? I love the Skyliner, but the lines were looking pretty awful not that long ago. Thanks for any input.
Thanks so much for doing this! Yes, you’re correct that our trip has been delayed until January. Once you’ve measured I’ll be happy to update. Appreciate your help with this!
At Pop now. The mobile pickup setup is still in place and you can’t access the grab and go section.
Thanks for the update.

SKYLINER-why ride when you can FLY! :)

Lines are much better now that they are loading multiple parties at times in the same Gondola(mainly only at Park Open and Park Close).

Skyliner is not perfect-this time of year weather OFTEN shuts it down for a period of time in the afternoon/evening,but if we are going to stay at a Skyliner Resort we are going to ride that puppy as much as possible!lol:)

Here is our most recent experience with a 9:00 AM Park Open at DHS.

Pop Century/AoA Skyliner Station opened at 7:34 AM

Boarding began at 7:38 AM

We Boarded at 7:42 AM

Arrived at CBR Station at 7:45 AM

Boarding had already begun to DHS and we boarded at 7:51 AM

Arrived at DHS Station at 7:56 AM

Security Screening opened at 8:00 AM so we made it with a couple of minutes to spare and weren't too terribly far back in line.

The line did build rapidly behind us.

We've stayed at Pop many times and had it all booked for next month but I moved it into 2022 today.

Just too many challenges for us with the US border still being closed to Canadians. We could fly out of a Canadian airport but it's a lot of additional money I hadn't planned on. Add to that the challenge of finding a place to be tested, getting there from Pop, rising cases in FL and crowded parks and it just seemed it was best to delay. We're sad as this is the second time we've had to delay this trip but we're thankful for all we have and now have a new countdown date to plan for and look forward to!

fingers crossed this all gets sorted soon! We are booked for first week of March ‘22. By then hoping the Can/US border issues will be over. We are all double vaccinated so I’m hoping no testing, just fly to MCO, enjoy a Disney vacation and then come home. Fast Passes and a dining plan would be great too!

If anyone is flexible with their dates and has a little "Gambler" in them,Hotwire Hot Rates can be a great way to take some of the "sting" out of the high Rack Rates and Passholder rates these days for Pop Century. :)

For example we have planned a 4 night trip next Month to mainly concentrate on Food & Wine Festival and got a Hot Rate at Pop Century for $90.00 per night !

That is a savings of $243.00 off of our PASSHOLDER RATE and will help tremendously with trips to the Food Booths!lol

I still marvel at how high the rates at Pop Century have become and how quickly relatively speaking they got there!

If anyone is flexible with their dates and has a little "Gambler" in them,Hotwire Hot Rates can be a great way to take some of the "sting" out of the high Rack Rates and Passholder rates these days for Pop Century. :)

For example we have planned a 4 night trip next Month to mainly concentrate on Food & Wine Festival and got a Hot Rate at Pop Century for $90.00 per night !

That is a savings of $243.00 off of our PASSHOLDER RATE and will help tremendously with trips to the Food Booths!lol

I still marvel at how high the rates at Pop Century have become and how quickly relatively speaking they got there!
That’s a great deal!! Congrats!

At Pop now. The mobile pickup setup is still in place and you can’t access the grab and go section.
For anyone curious who hasn't been to Pop Century during the Covid setup,this is what the Pickup Tables look like.

The Food Stations and Grab n' Go are located behind the tables(one Station is visible on the left) and as pictured cannot be accessed.

Both Mobile Orders and Register Orders are picked up at these tables and ALL orders are "boxed".

How early can you get to EPCOT with the skyliner? I am going to make a breakfast ADR at Trattoria al Forno and wasn't sure if I would need to Uber or could use skyliner

I decided to keep checking my Nov dates and this morning 2 of the 3 nights I need are now available, of course the night in the middle isn't so I can't switch from POFQ just yet but hoping that Monday night opens up.

How early can you get to EPCOT with the skyliner? I am going to make a breakfast ADR at Trattoria al Forno and wasn't sure if I would need to Uber or could use skyliner
Typically the Skyliner starts running 45 minutes before park open. How early you can get to EPCOT depends on when you get in line. I've noticed that the people in the front of the line get there about 30/40 minutes before the Skyliner starts running.

The Pop Skyliner normally starts running around an hour before DHS opens. To get to Riviera you will probably need to show your ADR to CMs at the CBR station and they will allow you to ride to Riviera if it's an earlier reservation that is more than an 45 mins before Epcot opens.
I decided to keep checking my Nov dates and this morning 2 of the 3 nights I need are now available, of course the night in the middle isn't so I can't switch from POFQ just yet but hoping that Monday night opens up.
Have you tried calling? I called Disney on Friday when I had to move my August trip into 2022. The dates I was looking for online showed no availability at Pop but when I called CM was able to find me 8 nights for the exact dates we wanted. It's worth calling as CMs can sometimes see what we cannot online.

This is great info especially for people who like to go often. Can you tell us what to look for on Hotwire i.e. area, stars, amenities?
I sure would appreciate any help so I can try to get a better rate!
Thanks @WEDWDW !!

This is great info especially for people who like to go often. Can you tell us what to look for on Hotwire i.e. area, stars, amenities?
I sure would appreciate any help so I can try to get a better rate!
Thanks @WEDWDW !!
Currently you can look at the "Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek" + airport shuttle to find the Disney hotels. 3 stars = values. Look at the distance of what is around. 🙂

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter