Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Just be aware that MOST places at Disney Springs don't open until after 10 am... I don't think there are buses until about that time..

Right. DS wants to go to MK. So maybe we will do that until our BoatHouse reservation at 1:45.

Checked in today.

Not sure how new this is but Luggage Assistance for OUTGOING Guests is now where RAC used to be located and INCOMING Guest Luggage Assistance is still in the usual spot.

Hopefully this will help.

We have been commenting that July Pop Century is so QUIET without The 15s!lol

Just be aware that MOST places at Disney Springs don't open until after 10 am... I don't think there are buses until about that time..

Considering there are some dining places that open AT 10 (particularly for weekend brunch), I'd hope that they have busses running in time to make those ADRs.

Checked in today.

Not sure how new this is but Luggage Assistance for OUTGOING Guests is now where RAC used to be located and INCOMING Guest Luggage Assistance is still in the usual spot.

Thanks for this info. I will update the Luggage info later today.

I hope this helps also.
Considering there are some dining places that open AT 10 (particularly for weekend brunch), I'd hope that they have busses running in time to make those ADRs.
I would guess you’re right snd the buses will run in time to make these ADRs. Hopefully someone will report back with their experience.

I would guess you’re right snd the buses will run in time to make these ADRs. Hopefully someone will report back with their experience.

I'll find out when I'm there (well, at CSR which I got for less than Pop) in a week. I have a 10:00am brunch on Sunday the 25th, so I'll need to plan ahead with Lyft or Uber if they're not going to have busses that early. I'll report back what I find out.

We were at CSR third week of April and first DS bus did not arrive until 9:50 Am

Yikes. Will plan on Lyft/Uber. That is not cool when places have ADRs available for 10am.
It's kinda the same as those who book resort ADR's before the parks open. They need to use Uber/Lyft too in some cases.

I know for years we had to choose where to book early breakfast ADRs as not all were possible to get to using Disney transportation. For those locations we chose later ADRs when we knew transportation was an option as I chose not to pay OOP for transportation during our vacation.

Wow-the reopening of the Arcade and restart of the Epcot fireworks have really ramped back up the "Pop Century experience"!

The Arcade gives Classic Hall much more "excitement"(just wish Disney could have kept Prize Redemption from years ago) and what a NICE Arcade it is!

Being able to see AND HEAR the high fireworks from Epcot adds so much "atmosphere" at night and gives Guests a great "taste" of Epcot Forever if they don't want to actually be in Epcot at 10:00 PM.

We watched them last night-so pretty reflecting off of Hourglass Lake!

If you want to watch Epcot Forever AND not deal with a long Skyliner line,this is what we did tonight.

Watch from the English Channel Bridge.

At the sound of the last firework IMMEDIATELY speedwalk out the International Gateway and to the Skyliner Station.

We were among the first to arrive at the Station and boarded a Gondola about a minute after arriving.

As we flew out of the Station the line had begun to grow exponentially.

We arrived at PopArt Station at 10:32 PM allowing plenty for time for a trip to Everything Pop Dining and some late night Tie Dye Cheesecake!
:)

Checked in today.

What is RAC, please? We have a later flight home (way after check out time) and want to store our luggage during the day until ME time. Is "Luggage Assistance" where they hold my luggage for a few hours?

What is RAC, please? We have a later flight home (way after check out time) and want to store our luggage during the day until ME time. Is "Luggage Assistance" where they hold my luggage for a few hours?

RAC was Resort Airline Check-in, it's on the back side of the building behind Luggage Assistance.

Page 1 has been updated with the new luggage services information re: 2 locations depending on if guests are checking-in or checking-out.

Wow! I love that they have two different locations for luggage. I'm someone who always takes a late flight out to spend my last day in the Parks. Without RAC this will make getting my luggage in time for DME so much easier.

ECV's and wheelchairs have a separate loading zone for the Skyliner. I believe you wait in the same line as everyone else until you get to a spot where they will move you to the ECV/wheelchair entrance. (Someone please correct me if this is not right).

When it comes to loading the Skyliner, there are cars that pull onto a separate track and come to a full stop for boarding and disembarking ECV guests and the rest of their party from the cabin. Once loaded your cabin will move back onto the regular cable. With the exception of the Riviera station, all WDW stations have this pull off area.

This is not necessary true about waiting in the same line as everyone else if you have an ECV or wheelchair. I’ve been to Pop twice in the past few months. I asked a cast member the first time what I was supposed to do. He said I should wait in line with everyone else. No problem until the next time I rode it and a cast member asked me why I was in the regular line. He said I should go directly to the wheelchair gondolas. I never waited in the regular line again.

This is not necessary true about waiting in the same line as everyone else if you have an ECV or wheelchair. I’ve been to Pop twice in the past few months. I asked a cast member the first time what I was supposed to do. He said I should wait in line with everyone else. No problem until the next time I rode it and a cast member asked me why I was in the regular line. He said I should go directly to the wheelchair gondolas. I never waited in the regular line again.

Thanks for clarifying.

Was that at Pop or all of the stations? At CBR when the lines were really long in the mornings everyone, including ECVs, were directed to the ends of the lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter