Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately no. All rooms are identical and only have 1 window in the front of the room. It's a good size though.
I have enjoyed the corner room second floor view of the pool at POP , just to watch and hear children having fun . The windows are big and nice that they include a set of sheer curtains and the heavy nighttime set of curtains. I like keeping the sheers for some sun & privacy but the rooms get dark with the night curtains also.

We have an 8:45 am breakfast reservation at Topolino’s on Monday. Will the skyliner be running to get us there? I prefer not to take an Uber.

We have an 8:45 am breakfast reservation at Topolino’s on Monday. Will the skyliner be running to get us there? I prefer not to take an Uber.
With DHS opening at 9:00 the Skyliner should be running. You should be able to show your dining reservation at CBR to get on the Epcot bound Skyliner if it’s running too. If it’s not you’d want to go to DHS and take a bus to Riviera but I’m pretty sure the Skyliner should be running. You will want to leave a lot of time to get to Topilno’s as the Skyliner is busiest around park opening.

I will be there the 24th-27thand am wondering if the only option to Epcot is still the skyline only? Is HS skyline only as well?

If so, how soon before park opening does the skyline start running? Thanks!

I'm considering staying at either Pop or AoA for my first solo trip. I'll be visiting in Oct. 2021, hoping that MNSSHP will be back by that time. I am an extremely light sleeper, and get worried when I read reviews from people saying that the value resorts are "home base" for high schools, cheer groups, etc. Historically speaking, are these groups around in October? From what I've gathered, most of the groups begin appearing at the values December - June.

I realize that nobody can predict a noisy neighbor (I've had my fair share at Deluxe resorts)... but I'd like to avoid the larger groups, if possible. I wouldn't mind paying the extra $$$ for Coronado if October is a historically hectic time at the values. :earsboy:

I'm considering staying at either Pop or AoA for my first solo trip. I'll be visiting in Oct. 2021, hoping that MNSSHP will be back by that time. I am an extremely light sleeper, and get worried when I read reviews from people saying that the value resorts are "home base" for high schools, cheer groups, etc. Historically speaking, are these groups around in October? From what I've gathered, most of the groups begin appearing at the values December - June.

I realize that nobody can predict a noisy neighbor (I've had my fair share at Deluxe resorts)... but I'd like to avoid the larger groups, if possible. I wouldn't mind paying the extra $$$ for Coronado if October is a historically hectic time at the values. :earsboy:
Pop Warner is usually around that time, and who knows what WDW in general will look like. I didn't find it any louder at POP than it was at many of the off property places I've been. I would certainly do whatever mitigation I could, white noise machine, ear plugs, anything you know works for you. But plan that you just may have to accept it might be louder than you are accustomed to.

You should be in pretty good shape,Group wise, in October.

In Non-Covid times Cheer/Dance/Twirl Season is mid-January through early May,Pop Warner is early December and 15s Season is mainly July/January/February.

We stayed at Pop 12/12-12/16 - have stayed there many times before and had a great time! A couple of observations:
- a single room is tight for 5 people lol, I knew it would be but yikes, it was hard to walk around. My kids are 2, 5, 9 so this will be our last time in a single room.
- the way they have the food court set up is great, super organized. We ate lunch outside once, breakfast in the room once and dinner in the food court once - all fast and easy. Lots of seating indoors and our even with social distancing. Lots of cast members working hard at this resort.
- the vanity light in the bathroom is soooo bright and will highlight every flaw on your face, I looked like I had been hit by a truck lol
- the skyliner is amazing! they were still building it last time we stayed here. Adds a lot of value to Pop, so nice to roll a stroller right on. Never a wait once at the Pop/Aoa station, just walked right on it. I love the deluxes like BC/Boardwalk but my kids say they only want to stay at a resort with the skyliner from now on.
- mousekeeping was good- they actually never entered our room but they would stop by and we handed them our trash/towels and grabbed new towels. trash piled up quick in our room w 3 kids.
- was warm enough to swim - kids loved the hippy dippy pool - never that many people in it - maybe 20 at most? deck area had plenty of chairs.

Hi! I'd like to ask a couple of things about the food court at POP - we have only been to Disney once before and we stayed at Port Orleans.
Gluten free options - has anyone had success doing a mobile order and making any gluten free modifications? The app from what I see does not allow anything and it appears we will have to order in person. If so - is that a hassle in the mornings? We try our best to make it into the parks before opening.
Second - does POP Food Court offer real freshly brewed ice tea? (Not stuff like Fuze or pre-made bottle teas) Thank you everyone for all your posts of info - it is so helpful!

I'll piggyback on the last comment and just ask about the food court in general. My only time staying at Pop I had the eggs and pizza and wasn't a fan of either. What is your go to meal there? My wife loves Pop as it's affordable and with the Preferred rooms we easy access to the Dining and Transportation. So it appears like this will be our go to resort for the time being.

I'll piggyback on the last comment and just ask about the food court in general. My only time staying at Pop I had the eggs and pizza and wasn't a fan of either. What is your go to meal there? My wife loves Pop as it's affordable and with the Preferred rooms we easy access to the Dining and Transportation. So it appears like this will be our go to resort for the time being.
If you go before Covid World is gone,the offereings at Everything Pop will be VERY limited and everything will be in boxes.

We enjoyed the Pot Roast in September.

You are looking at 2 Pot Roast Dinners-not "plated" inside box-you open the box and there it all is!lol :)

We are at Pop now. They do have brewed tea, unsweet, sweet, and hot. I never tried the sweet but most days the unsweet has been pretty good, a couple of times it was close to turning.

We honestly have been pretty unhappy with the food here. What there is tastes ok, but there really are no choices beyond burger, chicken fingers, pizza, and the pot roast. If you can, eat at the parks before you come back. We have always heard that AoA has better food choices and planned to walk over there for dinner one night, but I guess COVID has hit their menu as well, because it was very similar.

we've stayed @ pop several times, and yea your mileage may vary concerning neighbors, but we've not noticed a discernable difference in noise vs Coronado, AoA or others. we usually request away from the pool though. IMO, if you are hitting the parks all day, by the time you get back to the room you should be so exhausted it won't matter ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter