Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand bell services not wanting to take responsibility for alcohol, because then it puts the responsibility of verifying legal age on Disney instead of GG. But it should have been communicated better by GG so you weren’t getting your “pop” at the end of your trip. I don’t think GG should have tried to disguise the delivery, both because of violating Disney’s rules, and also because of making sure the laws for legal age were complied with as well.

The bathrooms. So - there isn't much privacy - sound travels the speed of light here as the doors don't quite hit the floor.

How was the sound coming from the neighboring rooms? Did you have a connecting door? The noise complaints are the only downside to this resort that would prevent me from booking here.

How was the sound coming from the neighboring rooms? Did you have a connecting door? The noise complaints are the only downside to this resort that would prevent me from booking here.
If you are a light sleeper you may hear sounds from other rooms, especially if you have a connecting door.

I am not a light sleeper and cannot say noise from others rooms is normally a problem. In the morning I may hear the odd toilet flush but not enough that it ever wakes me up.

We mix it up a lot with our resorts and stay value, moderate and deluxe frequently. I don't find Pop noisier than any other resort I've stayed at. I do prefer not to have a connecting door at any resort because I do hear noise travelling through the connecting doors no matter what level of resort I stay at.

We have 4 full days at Pop in a couple months. It’s our first stay there. We have just one park day this time. So, obviously on down days we can enjoy the pool but it will likely be too cold. I know there are nice walkways to explore and we can ride the Skyliner or we could go to DS. Are there other activities at the resort like ping pong tables or anything to do while hanging out?

We are arriving on December 19 and have a preferred room. I think we would rather be closer to the food court than skyliner. What section should we request?

We are arriving on December 19 and have a preferred room. I think we would rather be closer to the food court than skyliner. What section should we request?

All preferred rooms are pretty much the same distance from the food court (i.e.close) so there isn’t really a specific section to request. 60’s is probably closest but you’ll be close on a preferred room regardless of where you are.

I’m definitely not a light sleeper, so it may be different if you are, but I’ve stayed at values and moderates. All but one time I’ve had a top floor room and have zero noise complaints in regards to showers, toilets, tv’s, people talking, etc. I stayed on the bottom floor for a couple of nights and it had some noise, but still not anything that would make me not choose a value.

The only time I have had noise is with a connecting door. I usually lay a rolled towel along the bottom and put a couple suitcases to hold it in place. I have a white noise app on my phone that I use all the time (neighbor at home has dogs) and that takes care of any night time noise.

The loudest, noisiest room I have had on property was at CR, with BC a close second. So noise is not just a value resort issue. It’s a noisy neighbor issue.

The only time I have had noise is with a connecting door. I usually lay a rolled towel along the bottom and put a couple suitcases to hold it in place. I have a white noise app on my phone that I use all the time (neighbor at home has dogs) and that takes care of any night time noise.

The loudest, noisiest room I have had on property was at CR, with BC a close second. So noise is not just a value resort issue. It’s a noisy neighbor issue.

that is exactly what I do. The rolled towel with suitcases in front of it. It really does help

I would just have "Close to Everything Pop" noted on your Reservation.

Some of the 1960s and 1970s rooms are SECONDS away.

The Room Assignors will do their best.

Are there other activities at the resort like ping pong tables or anything to do while hanging out?
Unfortunately the Ping Pong Tables,the Arcade,Hair Wrap/Temp Tattoos/Caricatures are not available in Covid World.

However the Shadow Boxes in Classic Hall are extremely interesting,there is Trivia at the Pools at times and there are Movies at Night several nights a week at The Green(AoA has Movies on the Nights POP does not.)

Also AoA is extremely fun to explore-CARS is amazing at night. :)

We just finished a great 7 night stay at Pop. We had a preferred pool room and it will be hard to do anything else in the future. It was admittedly loud at night, but we had the perfect location right by the elevator, between the Skyliner and lobby.

The lack of housekeeping was a bummer, but we survived. If we needed anything we just called and they gladly brought it up to us (this included a bag absolutely stuffed with coffee, creamer, sugar, tea, and cups when I asked for a couple of coffee pods 😳).

Mobile order was easy and not a problem.

Bus service was amazing. We never waited more than a few minutes for a bus. I will hate having to go back to being crammed in like sardines in the future! Having a seat on each bus was so nice!

Skyliner was great...except near park opening time. We had quite a wait one day at Caribbean Beach on our way to Epcot (the line was at the bus stop when we entered it and took about 25 minutes).

This was our 3rd stay at Pop and definitely won’t be our last! I always had dreams of staying at Yacht Club. My daughter and I ate at Ale and Compass last Wednesday and after walking around the lobby just accepted that we are more Pop people. 🤣

Also, we had an Instacart grocery order delivered and it went off without a hitch. We just needed to give the delivery person our name and room number and he delivered it to bell services for us.

This is what I was going to say. It's your neighbors. I spent 10 nights in a connecting Room last month and was fine for the 1st week. Just once I heard the baby crying at a reasonable time. Then there must have been a group of young adults who moved in and were up and loud and talking at 2 o'clock in the morning. It was the 1st time I had noise issues at pop in several stays. Thanks for the Towel tip. I'll try that next time.

Unfortunately the Ping Pong Tables,the Arcade,Hair Wrap/Temp Tattoos/Caricatures are not available in Covid World.

However the Shadow Boxes in Classic Hall are extremely interesting,there is Trivia at the Pools at times and there are Movies at Night several nights a week at The Green(AoA has Movies on the Nights POP does not.)

Also AoA is extremely fun to explore-CARS is amazing at night. :)

I saw people using the ping pong table near Petals a lot when I was there in the beginning of October.

I saw people using the ping pong table near Petals a lot when I was there in the beginning of October.
Awesome!

They had removed it when we were there Labor Day.

Is the Arcade back open as well?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I got back last Thursday - had an awesome stay at POP.

Since this was a solo trip for me, I decided not to pay for a preferred room. When I arrived, my room wasn't ready yet, which I expected - it was only 11. I checked my luggage at Bell Services and went to EPCOT.

At 2:30, I got the text that my room was ready. I hung out at EPCOT until 7, then went back to POP. I saw I was placed in 90s first floor. The walk from the Skyliner to 90s in the heat + being kind of tipsy + overweight was terrible! :rotfl: We have always gotten a preferred room, so I wasn't used to being in the very last building. When I got to my room and opened the door, a terrible smell was present. It smelled like mildew and was really, really bad. I have asthma and allergies and there is no way I could have stayed there. I trekked over to the front desk and requested a new room. I felt like a Karen, and it took a very long time for the CM to find me a new room - I think POP was pretty booked up. Eventually he found me a room on the 3rd floor in the 70s, which I gratefully accepted.

I had no issues with mobile ordering. Like a previous poster mentioned, not being able to customize things was a minor inconvenience. Food was... typical. Nothing special, nothing bad!

The pool was great (I love the Hippy Dippy, even as a childless solo traveler this time!), the grounds were super clean, and I felt very safe the whole time I was there. When the tree and decorations came up, I may have gotten misty eyes! All the CMs I came into contact with at POP were super nice and went above and beyond for me. I can't wait to visit again! :flower1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter