Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve read a lot about long lines for skyliner in the morning for rope drop... but what if you don’t plan on going until later in the afternoon to Epcot or HS? Does it thin out later in the day? I’ll be going to both of those parks the week after thanksgiving on weekdays.

On our HS day last month we slept in, moseyed on over to the Skyliner, and walked right on. Of course this was before AoA was open, so there could be a few more people around but I don’t think you would encounter any crowds. That seems to be only around rope drop time. We even did a roundtrip back to the room mid-afternoon to drop off our backpack and freshly built droid. We were back in HS in no time! We adored the Skyliner. The ride back at night was amazing. The Skyliner doesn’t produce any noise, there are no lights on outside and it was just beautiful gliding along the treetops and the lake. We are big Skyliner fans now!

Two other random items: Our room number was texted to us about an hour before our stated check-in time both this year and last year. The system worked like a charm and it’s always so fun to get that text! Someone asked about using TIW, which we don’t have, but I can comment on going up to the registers. Gift cards were not working with MDE four weeks ago, so we always just went to the CM working crowd control to let them know we needed to pay with a gift card. We were allowed right in and only had to wait behind one party at a register a few times. I don’t think we waited for our food any longer than people who chose their food pick-up time through MDE. In fact, we may have gotten our order a bit faster! Just out of curiosity, are gift cards working with MDE for mobile order now? It was just a minor inconvenience in an otherwise really fun trip!

I stayed one night at Pop last week before transferring to Kidani. I was pleasantly surprised by the resort. I took the skyliner to CBR for dinner (didn’t see anything on Pop or AoA menu that appealed) and it was very easy. I thought the lake was pretty and wished I was staying there longer to run around it. The room, while small, was in better condition than my studio at AKL. The TV was fabulous! I was in building 2 in the 50s section - behind the juke box. It felt far from everything, but it was still doable. I had a great omelette and coffee in the morning. The hall seemed busy, but I didn't wait long. I do miss "perusing" the grab n go section, but I guess that's what we have to deal with right now. My only experience with the buses was hopping on a waiting AK bus in the morning.

I think I would miss the hot tub too much on a longer trip, but I would stay there again.

How does the line up go for the skyliner now that Pop and AoA are open. When we were at Pop in September it went down into the 50’s section. Do they have 2 lines they merge - Pop and AoA or does everyone line up going towards Pop or towards AoA? We have not stayed there with both resorts open with a working skyliner yet.

Sorry for another question, but is it a pain to get cups of ice water from the Pop food court?

I’m excited to try out Pop for a night Tuesday. I was supposed to fly to Orlando Wednesday to meet up with my friend for a 6 night stay at CBR. My airline canceled my flight - changed it to Thursday. Well, that was certainly not acceptable - especially given it was only a 5 1/2 day parks trip to begin with. So, I had them move it a day early and I booked a night at Pop since it’s just myself. Will probably go to Disney Springs after I check in, then we have Epcot booked for Wed, so I’ll have my luggage transfered and go to Epcot until my friend arrives in the afternoon.

Long time reader, first time poster!

I'm not sure if this is the right spot but we are staying at Pop the first week of December and want to golf at Winter Summerland during our "rest" day -what is the best way to get to the course with Blizzard Beach being closed? Is there a bus route (we won't have a car) or should we get an Uber? TIA!
Bumping for you. I’m wondering the same thing. I’m hoping there is some type of free transportation we can take.

Bumping for you. I’m wondering the same thing. I’m hoping there is some type of free transportation we can take.
I would ask at the Front Desk,but I am "guessing" right now in Covid World Guests are "on their own" in getting to Winter Summerland.

The challenge with the Winter/Summerland question right now is that those mini-golf courses only opened last Friday so very few people have gone there post-shutdown.
I would ask at the Front Desk,but I am "guessing" right now in Covid World Guests are "on their own" in getting to Winter Summerland.
I don't know for sure either but I would guess you're correct about this since Blizzard Beach is closed until March at least, I believe.

So typically we come from the parks at the end of the night, grab our refillable mugs and mosey over to the dining hall to grab a snack from either the to go fridge or the ice cream counter and a drink. How does that work right now? Are they doing refillable mugs? Do you still have the same access to the fountains as before? What about to go snacks like the pop cheesecake or worms and dirt? Is that still available? (I do know about pre-ordering meals but I'm not sure how to handle snacks.) THANKS!

The challenge with the Winter/Summerland question right now is that those mini-golf courses only opened last Friday so very few people have gone there post-shutdown.

I don't know for sure either but I would guess you're correct about this since Blizzard Beach is closed until March at least, I believe.

Thank you for your help! I can ask the front desk during our trip and we have no problem taking an Uber if necessary - just figured it would be something to do on our "rest day" (and free!) since we have the voucher that came with our MagicBands.

So typically we come from the parks at the end of the night, grab our refillable mugs and mosey over to the dining hall to grab a snack from either the to go fridge or the ice cream counter and a drink. How does that work right now? Are they doing refillable mugs? Do you still have the same access to the fountains as before? What about to go snacks like the pop cheesecake or worms and dirt? Is that still available? (I do know about pre-ordering meals but I'm not sure how to handle snacks.) THANKS!
Yes, refillable mugs are still available although to get a refill you will take them to the area near the fountains where you will find tables of drinks and CM's pouring drinks. You will take one of the paper cups from the table and pour that into your refillable mug. The fountains (and any beverage machines) are currently not accessible to guests.

Any snacks that are available in the food court are available to order on the app. I could see the pop cheesecake but not the worms and dirt. All food items available from the food court must be ordered using mobile ordering.

Long time reader, first time poster!

I'm not sure if this is the right spot but we are staying at Pop the first week of December and want to golf at Winter Summerland during our "rest" day -what is the best way to get to the course with Blizzard Beach being closed? Is there a bus route (we won't have a car) or should we get an Uber? TIA!

We went to Winter Summerland on Saturday when we checked into Pop. We were going to talk to the front desk about the best way to get there, but there was a rather long line so we just went with what I'd researched on how to get there. It was quite complicated and took quite a bit of time, so it probably wouldn't be the method of getting there that I'd recommend at this point, but here's what we ended up doing:

Took the Skyliner from Pop to DHS (about 10 min)
Got on a bus to CSR and got off at GDT (about 15 min)
Walked from GDT to Winter Summerland using the sidewalk along W Buena Vista Dr. (about 20 mins)

Overall, this took about 45 mins and wasn't the easiest path, especially if you aren't familiar with the geography of WDW. The other issue is that the entrance the sidewalk leads to is not where they're parking cars right now (they're using the main Blizzard Beach lot rather than the small Winter Summerland lot), meaning that in order to get your temp check, you literally have to walk through the course towards the parking lot, get your temp check, then head right back into the golf course. Taking a rideshare is probably well worth the money and much easier than doing what we did. It's obvious that Disney is pretty much planning on people only being able to visit Winter Summerland if they have a vehicle; as getting there using Disney Transportation requires some creativity and a lot of extra time and effort.

I hope this helps!

We went to Winter Summerland on Saturday when we checked into Pop. We were going to talk to the front desk about the best way to get there, but there was a rather long line so we just went with what I'd researched on how to get there. It was quite complicated and took quite a bit of time, so it probably wouldn't be the method of getting there that I'd recommend at this point, but here's what we ended up doing:

Took the Skyliner from Pop to DHS (about 10 min)
Got on a bus to CSR and got off at GDT (about 15 min)
Walked from GDT to Winter Summerland using the sidewalk along W Buena Vista Dr. (about 20 mins)

Overall, this took about 45 mins and wasn't the easiest path, especially if you aren't familiar with the geography of WDW. The other issue is that the entrance the sidewalk leads to is not where they're parking cars right now (they're using the main Blizzard Beach lot rather than the small Winter Summerland lot), meaning that in order to get your temp check, you literally have to walk through the course towards the parking lot, get your temp check, then head right back into the golf course. Taking a rideshare is probably well worth the money and much easier than doing what we did. It's obvious that Disney is pretty much planning on people only being able to visit Winter Summerland if they have a vehicle; as getting there using Disney Transportation requires some creativity and a lot of extra time and effort.

I hope this helps!

This was very helpful, thank you!

I love the creativity but I think we'll just get an Uber/Lyft if we decide to go to Winter Summerland.

This was very helpful, thank you!

I love the creativity but I think we'll just get an Uber/Lyft if we decide to go to Winter Summerland.
I think you're wise. We've been 'creative' accessing the Fantasia Gardens mini-golfing and it's an exercise in coordinated transportation. When Blizzard Beach is closed, I believe it's easiest to secure private transportation to Winter Summerland for sure!

Which is easier for a park opening trip from Pop, HS or AK? I will be mostly offsite but booked a cheap night at Pop (Thanks, Priceline!) so that I could reserve more than three park days with my AP. Initially, I thought I’d do Epcot and the Studios on my Pop days but I’m having second thoughts about HS.

I prefer to arrive at the parks well before opening (I’m naturally a very early riser and usually on the first bus of the morning.) and was pretty underwhelmed with my Skyliner experience in September. I stood in a very long, very hot line while trying to get to Epcot from CBR. A family in front of me had been trying to get to HS for over an hour. This was before AoA opened. I’m thinking a bus to AK might be a better choice. I definitely want to travel to the MK from offsite.

Right now I have a 7:30 ADR at Trattoria on my current HS day. An Uber to Boardwalk from the offsite condo, a nice breakfast and a stroll over to HS sounds nicer.

Right now I have a 7:30 ADR at Trattoria on my current HS day. An Uber to Boardwalk from the offsite condo, a nice breakfast and a stroll over to HS sounds nicer.

I am staying at POP next week and, based on what I have read here on the Dis - I am Ubering to Boardwork for Trattoria on my HS day and eating breakfast there and then walking to the park.

I would choose AK if I were you, based on what you wrote. Be to the bus stop at least an hour and a half, maybe even 2 hours before AK opens and you should be good to get in right away.

I’m staying at POP soon and am wondering about buses. From what I’ve read, people are getting to the bus stops 2 hours before park opening. Is this for both AK and MK? I don’t mind getting to the park half an hour or an hour after opening. Do the buses clear up once the park opens or is it a constant line for most of the morning? Also, is EPCOT rope drop on the skyliner just as crowded as HS? EPCOT opens at 12 when I’m there so I was hoping to walk from HS that day. I may choose to Lyft to the parks, but I’m not sure yet.

I’m staying at POP soon and am wondering about buses. From what I’ve read, people are getting to the bus stops 2 hours before park opening. Is this for both AK and MK? I don’t mind getting to the park half an hour or an hour after opening. Do the buses clear up once the park opens or is it a constant line for most of the morning? Also, is EPCOT rope drop on the skyliner just as crowded as HS? EPCOT opens at 12 when I’m there so I was hoping to walk from HS that day. I may choose to Lyft to the parks, but I’m not sure yet.
Many are reporting that rope dropping the parks is allowing people to knock out 3-5 things before the park opens or within the first bit that the park is open so are choosing to arrive at the bus stop early. If your preference is to arrive after park opening the lines should be somewhat shorter although historically they grow and shrink throughout the first hour or two that the park is open.

If DHS opens at 10 the day you're going to Epcot for 12:00 you should have no trouble at all with long Skyliner lines. They seem to be long around the 8:30 - 11:00 window when people are trying to get to both parks. With the 12:00 Epcot opening the lines should be minimal from 11:00ish on.

Many are reporting that rope dropping the parks is allowing people to knock out 3-5 things before the park opens or within the first bit that the park is open so are choosing to arrive at the bus stop early. If your preference is to arrive after park opening the lines should be somewhat shorter although historically they grow and shrink throughout the first hour or two that the park is open.

If DHS opens at 10 the day you're going to Epcot for 12:00 you should have no trouble at all with long Skyliner lines. They seem to be long around the 8:30 - 11:00 window when people are trying to get to both parks. With the 12:00 Epcot opening the lines should be minimal from 11:00ish on.
Thank you so much for your response! I’ll most likely choose to Lyft to most parks then. I don’t mind the lines on the way back, it’s just the morning ones that worry me.

The limited food offerings are available through Mobile Order and although they do in a way make it "seem" like Mobile Order is the only way,the option is there to go to a Register in the Food Court.

Having said that they HEAVILY want everyone to use Mobile Order so a line doesn't form at the Register and either way the offerings are the same,your order will be packaged "to go" and will be picked up at these tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter