• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a family of 6 so we had to use Uber XL. I believe it was in the $40-45 range each way. Swolphin has high parking fees so it was cheaper for us to Uber than to rent a car and pay for parking.
Thanks, I lean towards rideshare if no ME vs renting for us. We don’t know our way around that well anymore, and would have to pay to park at resort plus $25 per park. The one day rental is intriguing but still have to take the time to rent and return, gas car, and we could do grocery delivery instead of driving to store.

Do you go down to the same lowest B level terminal or wherever Disneys ME is for ride pickup or the level higher maybe to wait for your ride? And was uber cheaper than lyft for you, if you compared. Seems like a lot of guests use Lyft for parks vs uber. Never used either... like I stated, haven’t had good luck with rideshares.

Any experience this year with grocery delivery, specifically even after opening back up? We used to amazon prime now to the resort 1-2x a trip and then go get it from Bell services later that day. Was always significantly cheapest option for us. It’s been two years since we went (coming next week!! Booked today!!) Wasn’t sure if delivery to bell services was still a thing and free.
We used Amazon Prime Now during our July trip with no hassle. It was delivered to bell services and once the Prime Now app notified me it was delivered, I went down with my boys to retrieve the order and tipped the bell services cast member. We brought it up to our room without assistance since it wasn't more than we could handle ourselves.

A tip to all those with upcoming travel, please check your flights often. Similar to @Nick6300, our flights have been changed a number of times and I was only contacted by Southwest once. We originally had direct flights booked in both directions and with the latest changes all direct flights have been removed. Similar things have happened to many others so during these challenging times, checking flights often is recommended.
We are flying in the night before now because of it. Our early non-stop flight with SW was completely wiped off the schedule, they changed us to a 3pm, 1 stop flight that got us to MCO after 9pm, wasting our whole first day. So we booked an extra night at Pop and we are flying in the night before, which is better for us. Our flight home changed to 2 hours later, but still a non-stop flight. I can't deal with anymore changes, I hope this is it for our dates.

We used Amazon Prime Now during our July trip with no hassle. It was delivered to bell services and once the Prime Now app notified me it was delivered, I went down with my boys to retrieve the order and tipped the bell services cast member. We brought it up to our room without assistance since it wasn't more than we could handle ourselves.
Thank you for responding! What you described is exactly what we usually do/are looking to do! Already started my list for next week!

I have read thru quite a few pages here but still have a few questions you all who have visited may be able to answer ...

is there bus service to HS ?
Are there any activities, evening movies, etc.
are all the pools open ?

thanks 🙂

There is currently NO* hourly (or any other interval) bus service to DHS during Skyliner operating hours, so likely more frequently when the Skyliner isn't running.
Pools open, shortened hours.
Can't help with activities. Did you check the first post in this thread, see when it was most recently edited?

*corrected based on subsequent posts :)

Last edited:
There is hourly bus service to DHS during Skyliner operating hours, so likely more frequently when the Skyliner isn't running.
Can't help with activities. Did you check the first post in this thread, see when it was most recently edited?
Did they reopen the bus service to Epcot and DHS while the Skyliner is running? When I was there about three weeks ago, they weren’t running those buses unless the Skyliner was closed. Since the Skyliner was closing frequently for weather, I am sure it was a hassle getting them up and running, then stopping, then restarting again. It seems to me it would make more sense to run them once an hour anyway, at least in the afternoon when the weather is more unstable. I will be very happy if they are running the buses on a consistent basis later this month, if only to relieve the crush on the Skyliner a bit now that CBR is open.

There is hourly bus service to DHS during Skyliner operating hours, so likely more frequently when the Skyliner isn't running.
I have heard reports that hourly bus service is no longer running. I imagine early morning buses (before the skyliner opens) are also not available since HS opens at 10am and Epcot at 11am.

Last edited:
I have read thru quite a few pages here but still have a few questions you all who have visited may be able to answer ...

is there bus service to HS ?
are all the pools open ?

thanks 🙂
Pools are 9am-9pm now I think with the recent change from 11am open. As far as I’ve seen and heard from CMs no buses to Hs and Ak from Pop unless skyliner not running. I doubt the movies at the pool, but could be wrong. They have HEA each night on tv now I think I saw. We’d check that out while snacking in our rooms.

is there bus service to HS?
are all the pools open?

thanks 🙂

Hi, Jen Stauch.

It gets confusing to me when there seems to be something changing almost every day.

The link below fro WDW called
Top Things You Need To Know
that is official but also contains a lot of information to sift through.

Although, I love and appreciate people taking time to post their own personal experiences.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Disney’s Pop Century Resort
The following offerings and experiences are currently available at this Disney Resort hotel. Hours of operation will be provided during your stay.
Dining
Shops
Activities
  • Pools – including the Hippy Dippy Pool, Bowling Pool and Computer Pool
  • Poolside Activities
  • Movies Under the Stars
Transportation
  • Bus transportation is available from this Disney Resort hotel to the Disney theme parks and the Disney Springs area
  • Disney Skyliner aerial gondolas are available to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#resortDetails

But it doesn't say anything specifically about bus transportation from PCR to DHS. I believe guests are reporting only the Disney Skyliner is being used. And I haven't read any reports about busses operating because the Disney Skyliner being down for a long length of time or lightning and buses being used.

And the three pools are open with the pool activities, but I haven't heard about other activities like tye die t-shirts activity or roasting marshmallows.

Here an old Pop Century Resort Activities print-out pool activity schedule sheet below:

Here an old Pop Century Resort Activities print-out schedule sheet below:

Maybe someone else will come up with a newer, post SARS-CoV-2 edition.

I ended up swapping to Swan just now, split stay with Pop with AndreaDanger’s help. Using the Swan leg for my HS and EP days to avoid skyliner from Pop. The pool is open until midnight. Looking forward to hanging out at boardwalk. When I called CM to ask if Swan is transporting bags to Pop, she said it’s possible but right now, not likely. She also said no buses to HS and EP at Pop.

do you guys think uber from mco is cheaper at 11pm-midnight Wed vs early like 5-6am on a Thursday?

I ended up swapping to Swan just now, split stay with Pop with AndreaDanger’s help. Using the Swan leg for my HS and EP days to avoid skyliner from Pop. The pool is open until midnight. Looking forward to hanging out at boardwalk. When I called CM to ask if Swan is transporting bags to Pop, she said it’s possible but right now, not likely. She also said no buses to HS and EP at Pop.

do you guys think uber from mco is cheaper at 11pm-midnight Wed vs early like 5-6am on a Thursday?

I would think 11pm would be easier to get, but there’s no way of knowing. As far as price, probably not a significant difference. I would be more concerned with the current state of things, someone would be available at either of those times of day.

Thank you everyone for your help and experiences ... my biggest concern is I am not able to do the skyliner ... i use a scooter and just don't feel safe on the skyliner. I had seen info floating about there only being skyliner service to HS and when I called guest services this was confirmed ... however when i was sent to reservations to see what I could do about my reservation the cast member argued with me that there was in fact bus service available ... not sure what I should do

Thanks, I lean towards rideshare if no ME vs renting for us. We don’t know our way around that well anymore, and would have to pay to park at resort plus $25 per park. The one day rental is intriguing but still have to take the time to rent and return, gas car, and we could do grocery delivery instead of driving to store.

Do you go down to the same lowest B level terminal or wherever Disneys ME is for ride pickup or the level higher maybe to wait for your ride? And was uber cheaper than lyft for you, if you compared. Seems like a lot of guests use Lyft for parks vs uber. Never used either... like I stated, haven’t had good luck with rideshares.
We know our way around WDW pretty well...we like renting a car vs relying on Disney transport. However, when we stay at Swolphin, we do not like paying parking fees so we only stay there if not renting a car. I do not remember where to pick up the Uber or Lyft at MCO. Not sure why but it completely escapes me! I'm not thinking it was on the same level as ME but I may be completely off on that. As far as whether Uber or Lyft is cheaper, I have both apps and compare. Again, we are a large family (dad, mom + 4 kids) so we require the larger vehicles. Depending on your size, things could look different. We've had good luck with rideshares and I'd say 90% of our experience has been around Disney.

We know our way around WDW pretty well...we like renting a car vs relying on Disney transport. However, when we stay at Swolphin, we do not like paying parking fees so we only stay there if not renting a car. I do not remember where to pick up the Uber or Lyft at MCO. Not sure why but it completely escapes me! I'm not thinking it was on the same level as ME but I may be completely off on that. As far as whether Uber or Lyft is cheaper, I have both apps and compare. Again, we are a large family (dad, mom + 4 kids) so we require the larger vehicles. Depending on your size, things could look different. We've had good luck with rideshares and I'd say 90% of our experience has been around Disney.
Fair warning, they aren't taking families of 6 now because of covid. Only 5 because you can't sit up front. We have to split up and I'm stressing about getting to hs tomorrow!

I do not remember where to pick up the Uber or Lyft at MCO. Not sure why but it completely escapes me! I'm not thinking it was on the same level as ME but I may be completely off on that.
The app should tell you where exactly, but yeah, pretty sure it's the bottom level.
Fair warning, they aren't taking families of 6 now because of covid. Only 5 because you can't sit up front. We have to split up and I'm stressing about getting to hs tomorrow!
Do you already have two accounts?if

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter