• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be staying at POP! in December for a Mom/Daughter trip. This will be my first time in a refurbed room. I plan on having groceries delivered and was wondering if a gallon of milk would fit in the fridge or if I will need to get 2 half gallons?
I haven't stayed at Pop since the refurbishments (yet!) but our fridge at POR a few weeks ago required half gallons. Full gallons would have been too big.

Tried scrolling through the thread but having a hard time finding this answer. I know shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are on the walls now. Is there still lotion in the rooms?

I haven't stayed at Pop since the refurbishments (yet!) but our fridge at POR a few weeks ago required half gallons. Full gallons would have been too big.

Thanks for the response! I kinda figured we would have to do half gallons. My mom is a big milk drinker so 2 half gallons it is! :)

We just got back from our first stay at Pop. We had a great time! They were very accommodating. We were able to get adjoining rooms as we requested. Plus we got to stay in the same rooms for the second reservation. I was prepared to beg, but it was completely unnecessary. They had already assigned us to the same rooms!

It seemed similar in set-up compared to All Stars, but maybe bigger. Or maybe it just felt really big, because we were in the 90s section. Everything was a long walk. I had to decide if I REALLY wanted that refill on my drink, because the food court was far far away. And the buses were a good hike too. But the buses were closer than the gondolas. However, we definitely wanted to use the skyliner. We didn't time it, but I'm guessing it was about a 7-10 minute walk each time. They were totally worth the extra walk!

The rooms were very nice, especially the showers. I loved how big they were and the shower heads. I also liked the lighting. The older rooms at All Stars seem very dark. There were plenty of lights and outlets too. Probably my favorite part about the room was that there was a shelf with outlets on BOTH sides of the bed. That was very helpful. I haven't noticed that perk anywhere else yet.

I really only had one issue during our stay. And that was about alerting guests when the skyliner is down. One evening, we walked to the skyliner only to find out the line was down. We were a bit frustrated, because we would've just walked to the bus stop had we known. We ended up catching a bus at AoA, because it was closer. With this being a brand new form of transportation, I'm sure they still need work out all the kinks. In the big scheme of things, it wasn't that big of a deal. But it was inconvenient for all of the guests, who were turned away that evening.

Overall we had an excellent stay! I would be happy to stay here on another trip. Unfortunately we didn't eat anything in the food court, so maybe next time we will. I was hoping to try those pancakes with the berry sauce that everyone talks about, but we just ran out of time. But that just gives me something to look forward to next time!

I hope they update the transportation section of the app to include the Skyliner. Walking all the way there from the 90’s section o it to find it was closed would be frustrating!

Day 3 of my stay here and so far I am loving the Skyliner. It has zero or minimal queues and wait times and no traffic lights, and is a far more scenic view than a bus ride! The stations are also very well located at DHS and Epcot with a minimal walk to the park entrances, as opposed to the bus stops which are a little further away (not too bad in the morning/evening but any little bit further to walk feels oppressive in the midday heat).

Have used it to hop from DHS to Epcot, and just came back from Epcot on the Skyliner. It took just 20 minutes to get from Epcot back to Pop including the change at Caribbean Beach! I'd imagine it would be even faster from DHS back to Pop as the DHS-Caribbean Beach journey is far shorter than the Epcot-Caribbean Beach journey.

Day 3 of my stay here and so far I am loving the Skyliner. It has zero or minimal queues and wait times and no traffic lights, and is a far more scenic view than a bus ride! The stations are also very well located at DHS and Epcot with a minimal walk to the park entrances, as opposed to the bus stops which are a little further away (not too bad in the morning/evening but any little bit further to walk feels oppressive in the midday heat).

Have used it to hop from DHS to Epcot, and just came back from Epcot on the Skyliner. It took just 20 minutes to get from Epcot back to Pop including the change at Caribbean Beach! I'd imagine it would be even faster from DHS back to Pop as the DHS-Caribbean Beach journey is far shorter than the Epcot-Caribbean Beach journey.

And considering they just reached ONE MILLION passengers transported,I like my odds of not being invloved in an incident like the recent one at DRR Station! :)

And considering they just reached ONE MILLION passengers transported,I like my odds of not being invloved in an incident like the recent one at DRR Station! :)
I was rather hesitant about riding it after the accident. My biggest concern was something happening and getting stuck for a long period with my small bladder. 😭
I just wrapped up a 3 night stay at Pop and rode the Skyliner to Epcot. I enjoyed it so much I used it for the ride back.

I need to get a really controversial Pop Century opinion off my chest. (insert your choice of smiley)

I really like the 90s section. Walking along the parking lot to the main building rules, and it's pretty quiet.

Last edited:
Are the standard rooms in the 60's buildings facing the lake?
Yes, some of them face the lake.
I need to get a really controversial Pop Century opinion off my chest. (insert your choice of smiley)

I really like the 90s section. Walking along the parking lot to the main building rules, and it's pretty quiet.
While I respect your opinion, we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one. :)

Any suggestions on room or building requests for preferred (but not pool view) location rooms. I was on touring plans and saw some rooms I really liked with a pretty view of the lake in the 60s but they are all standard rooms. View is not essential, as we won’t be in the room often & there is no balcony to enjoy the view anyways 😉 I just don’t want to look out my window and see the back of a large icon blocking the light. The biggest priorities would be somewhat quiet (upper floor? Away from pool), close to classic hall, and close to transportation 😊 Any good suggestions?

Any suggestions on room or building requests for preferred (but not pool view) location rooms. I was on touring plans and saw some rooms I really liked with a pretty view of the lake in the 60s but they are all standard rooms. View is not essential, as we won’t be in the room often & there is no balcony to enjoy the view anyways 😉 I just don’t want to look out my window and see the back of a large icon blocking the light. The biggest priorities would be somewhat quiet (upper floor? Away from pool), close to classic hall, and close to transportation 😊 Any good suggestions?
i would recommend building 6 or 10.

If anyone is there currently and could post about resort Halloween activities today that would be super helpful for planning. TIA!

So what is the recommended method of choice for room requests? Via online checkin? Touring Plans? I have a specific building and floor I'd like to be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter