• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lobby of POP has a wall display of different items from each decade. Well, I'm from one of the earlier decades and they have things that I or my brother had during that time. A conversation starter with grandkids, "you actually had that" or " you actually used that". Followed by "Oh Grammie" and giggles galorie! Bringing back my memories and creating memories for the grandkids!! (Kind of a magical moment.)

NEWS:

A guest staying at a Disney Resort called the Future Stay number today (x8844) and as we'd hoped, a Free Dining BounceBack offer for certain dates between May and September 2020 has been dropped!! I'll update with more details as they become available.

If you're at Pop now (or probably between now and the end of October) you can call the Future Stay number and book a FD BB for 2020 if your dates are available!

Does anyone know if you can book more than one room with the FD BB?

My husband and I are staying at Pop this October and are planning to go the second week of September 2020 with a group of about 8. We are hoping for free dining and would love to be able to book it all at once.

Does anyone know if you can book more than one room with the FD BB?

My husband and I are staying at Pop this October and are planning to go the second week of September 2020 with a group of about 8. We are hoping for free dining and would love to be able to book it all at once.
Yes, you can. I know you can book 2 rooms (even if there was only 1 adult in your current travel party) and quite possibly you can book 3 rooms. That I'm not positive about though as I've never asked.

In December of 2018 I was staying at Pop and wanted to book a BB for our 2019 April stay. I was the only adult but was pleasantly surprised when I was able to book 2 rooms. 1 for my parents and 1 for us. This is a fairly recent change as BBs used to be restricted to the number of adults on the current registration.

Yes, you can. I know you can book 2 rooms (even if there was only 1 adult in your current travel party) and quite possibly you can book 3 rooms. That I'm not positive about though as I've never asked.

In December of 2018 I was staying at Pop and wanted to book a BB for our 2019 April stay. I was the only adult but was pleasantly surprised when I was able to book 2 rooms. 1 for my parents and 1 for us. This is a fairly recent change as BBs used to be restricted to the number of adults on the current registration.

Great news! Thanks so much for the info. Hopefully it will work out for us :flower1:

I have 2 totally separate questions..

-Is there a room category at PoP where you are more likely to get connecting rooms, as in do the standard/preferred etc have more connecting than the others?

-For bounceback free dining, I understand you can book 3 rooms, we would like to come with friends next year and would need 2 rooms at PoP for our family and would need 2 other rooms for friends. Is it possible for me to book 2 rooms and my husband to book the other 2, seeing as we need 4 total for the group, and are only allowed to book 3 for next year?

When requesting connecting rooms, it is just a request and not a guarantee. Connecting rooms are located throughout the resorts.

As far as booking 4 rooms, the rule is up to three rooms. Since you will be on the same reservation at the time of booking a bouncback offer, I would say no. You could always ask, but have another plan. Also, note that at time bounce back offer is reserved a $200 deposit is required for each room.

So if we brought cocktails in a container that isn't glass, that is acceptable? Asking for a friend :flower:
We do it every time! We use our mug and fountain soda as our mixer, and bring a plastic bottle of Bacardi, or whatever we fancy, in our beach bag. Cheers!

Petunia-if you are not initially assigned Connecting Rooms go to the Front Desk and very nicely ask them to check again and also tell them you do not mind waiting until later in the day if nothing is ready at that time.

With Connecting Rooms being your only request you stand an EXCELLENT chance-there are many Connecting Rooms and there are plenty of Guests who do not request them. :)

We only recently began staying onsite at POP (the past two trips) . I love staying here. The last trip was during the F&G Festival and had a great time. If you do the dining plan, you really get your money's worth with the snack credits at the Festival. I love the food court at POP, also. The meatloaf was very good and so was the breakfast food. Have a great time!
Can you elaborate abit on the snack credit use at F&G please. I'm going in 2020, first trip to WDW and started to hear snippets about how you can use your "snack credits" at the Kiosks in Epcot at the F&G. Would love to hear any helpful tips. I'm sure this info is somewhere, just can't find. Myself, G-MA, and Daughter with the "Disney Dining Plan". Thank you for any advice!!

You can totally use your snack credits at the food booths for the food no “adult” beverages at this time! :rotfl2: It’s a great use of them especially on the more expensive items too!

38 Days and counting! Yay!

One, maybe weird, question... I see that Petals Pool Bar has Odwalla Strawberry Lemonade can anyone confirm that it is made with fresh strawberries in it for me? I had it once from Prince Erics in MK (back in 2015- they no longer serve it now) and have craved it ever since! I know they serve it at some other locations as well but if its at our "home" resort that would be amazing! Thank you in advance for your knowledge!

Has anyone noticed if POP has Powerade Zero for sale? I'm assuming it's just regular Powerade for fountain drinks but was wondering if bottles of the Zero variety are available.

Petunia-if you are not initially assigned Connecting Rooms go to the Front Desk and very nicely ask them to check again and also tell them you do not mind waiting until later in the day if nothing is ready at that time.

With Connecting Rooms being your only request you stand an EXCELLENT chance-there are many Connecting Rooms and there are plenty of Guests who do not request them. :)

I have requested connecting rooms for my mother-in-law that is coming the day after we arrive I wonder how hard it would be for them to honor that request? I only put that request on my mother-in-law‘s reservation as we booked hers after mine and it was kind of a unplanned surprise booking
should I when I do online check-in request to be connected to my mother-in-law that is arriving the next day also?

You can totally use your snack credits at the food booths for the food no “adult” beverages at this time! :rotfl2: It’s a great use of them especially on the more expensive items too!
How would I know what is a "snack credit" item at F&G? Just ask or is there a price value to keep below or will WDW have a marking that denoted what is applicable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter