• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, are ALL the rooms in the 70's building preferred? Or just where the yellow line is on this map?
What about 50's? And how are they with granting requested buildings?
We've been trying to upgrade to preferred, but no luck. So we are hoping to just request a certain building.
We just don't want to be stuck in 80's or 90's.

So, are ALL the rooms in the 70's building preferred? Or just where the yellow line is on this map?
What about 50's? And how are they with granting requested buildings?
We've been trying to upgrade to preferred, but no luck. So we are hoping to just request a certain building.
We just don't want to be stuck in 80's or 90's.
The key to reading the map is at the top of it. It explains what each colour means.

NEWS:

A guest staying at a Disney Resort called the Future Stay number today (x8844) and as we'd hoped, a Free Dining BounceBack offer for certain dates between May and September 2020 has been dropped!! I'll update with more details as they become available.

If you're at Pop now (or probably between now and the end of October) you can call the Future Stay number and book a FD BB for 2020 if your dates are available!

NEWS:

A guest staying at a Disney Resort called the Future Stay number today (x8844) and as we'd hoped, a Free Dining BounceBack offer for certain dates between May and September 2020 has been dropped!! I'll update with more details as they become available.

If you're at Pop now (or probably between now and the end of October) you can call the Future Stay number and book a FD BB for 2020 if your dates are available!
My husband said we're skipping Disney next year...maybe I can convince him with Free Dining again!!!

My husband said we're skipping Disney next year...maybe I can convince him with Free Dining again!!!
My EXACT thoughts, plus its The last year our youngest will be free and we can stay in a value resort without having to get two rooms or a suite! Alas our oldest is getting married though so we probably still won’t have the money but we can always book it just need a $200 deposit right? and we can cancel up to a month in advance with no penalty

My EXACT thoughts, plus its The last year our youngest will be free and we can stay in a value resort without having to get two rooms or a suite! Alas our oldest is getting married though so we probably still won’t have the money but we can always book it just need a $200 deposit right? and we can cancel up to a month in advance with no penalty
I like your thinking - always worth it to book for only $200! We did a Deluxe resort last year, doing POP this year to save some money, so maybe we'll do Gran Destino at Coronado next year as a middle ground! Our 10 year anniversary is in 2020 and we were planning an adult-only trip to Universal but I would feel so weird being in Orlando and NOT being at WDW.

Actually you may be near the Gondola Station. We were in a Preferred in april and we were right at the corner of building 4 at the back, the gondola station was right outside our room. We were in room 4461.
Okay, I will concede to your actual experience :D. But that room is as far as you can get from the typical features that determine Preferred :)

Okay, I will concede to your actual experience :D. But that room is as far as you can get from the typical features that determine Preferred :)

That’s what I thought as well. This is why I don’t usually book preferred since some standard rooms are actually closer then preferred. I only booked because that was all that was left for the AP discount during my week in April. My upcoming trip is in a standard pool view.

So looking forward to my stay in September at Pop. I’m going solo and considering opting out of housekeeping as room will be very underused this trip with EEHs F&W etc. Clear on requesting towels, garbage pickup but wondered about coffee supplies? I have thought about buying the refillable mug partly as a souvenir but not sure if worthwhile as I wont be in the resort much. If no replenishment of coffee etc when opting out of cleaning the mug looks a better value option.

So looking forward to my stay in September at Pop. I’m going solo and considering opting out of housekeeping as room will be very underused this trip with EEHs F&W etc. Clear on requesting towels, garbage pickup but wondered about coffee supplies? I have thought about buying the refillable mug partly as a souvenir but not sure if worthwhile as I wont be in the resort much. If no replenishment of coffee etc when opting out of cleaning the mug looks a better value option.

Housekeeping will bring you coffee supplies if you ask. You can ask for enough for your whole stay so they only have to make one trip.

When will you be there? I’m going solo as well and can’t wait. Solo trips are the best, get to do what you want and no worrying about others. I’ll be there the 14-21.

Not sure if it's been updated, but, there is a lovely Publix on 192 just after the turn for Celebration. Its about 10 minutes from Pop.
So glad you posted this. We have to do a grocery run and I was not sure what would be closest. Now I can check that off my prep list for DW. Thank you.

Hi All! We'll be staying at Pop for the first time during the last week of August. All my planning is done and, well, I'm bored. I've gotten so much info from this thread, but I'm wondering if everyone will play along here.....

What's your #1 favorite thing at Pop, best tip, something we shouldn't miss, etc?

My DH and I are super excited to try Pop after staying at so many other resorts on property. This trip is a surprise for DS13 and DS11 so I thought I'd pass along all your insight and info to them while we're on the plane heading down!

Thanks all!

Hi All! We'll be staying at Pop for the first time during the last week of August. All my planning is done and, well, I'm bored. I've gotten so much info from this thread, but I'm wondering if everyone will play along here.....

What's your #1 favorite thing at Pop, best tip, something we shouldn't miss, etc?

My DH and I are super excited to try Pop after staying at so many other resorts on property. This trip is a surprise for DS13 and DS11 so I thought I'd pass along all your insight and info to them while we're on the plane heading down!

Thanks all!
For me, I love the larger than life icons all around the property. I was born in the 70's, so most of it is nostalgia for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter